May/June was my third stay at the Marco Polo Plaza in Cebu City. Again, I was not disappointed. This is indeed an excellent hotel. Staff are professional, friendly and courteous; the grounds are beautifully landscaped and the facilities always impreccably clean and well maintained.
Although it's not hard to tell that the hotel was run previously under a different name (hotel architecture gives this away), the rooms have been modernised (new LCD TVs with lots of cable & local channels) and are always spotlessly clean each day. The airconditioning is powerful, which helps in the sticky Cebu climate, but you can adjust it to your comfort.
Breakfast offers a large selection of foods - Filipino, Korean & Western tastes are all extensively catered for. The poolside cafe is great for a beer or a snack and their chicken focaccia sandwich is unbeatable. The pool is huge, and features a waterfall, submerged deckchairs (for enjoying sun in the pool) and a separate children's area. The rooftop bar & restaurant, Blu, offers great night time views of Cebu City as well.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. I've found independent Filipino hotels to be, for the price charged, very substandard and unprofessional. The Marco Polo Plaza is an excellent hotel, and offers decent value for money, though I would encourage travellers to check other sites, as the Marco Polo website, while claiming to offer the best rates, is not always the cheapest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City