“Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marco Polo Plaza

Save Saved
You added Marco Polo Plaza to your Saves list
Marco Polo Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cebu Veterans Drive | Nivel Hills, Lahug, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I always stay at marco polo every december. My experience each year gets better and better. The staff welcomes you with warm greetings and they are very attentive to your every need. It feels like our second home. It has been a tradition to take photos beside their gigantic christmas tree. Decorations for the holidays vary every year. Food is great and rooms are clean. The lounge at the 28th floor was amazing! The views were spectacular and very exclusive. You can drink all you can and snack on different sandwiches and assorted cocktails. (But you have to be a member to access this area) the pool area turns into an entertainment haven when local bands play during night time. They have one of the best international buffets i've tried and the price is cheaper compared to manila. Its always a great experience at Marco polo cebu =)

• Stayed December 2012
OnNivelHills, General Manager at Marco Polo Plaza, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Babychinita,

It is heartwarming to know that you choose to spend the most wonderful season of the year with us, your Christmas home year after year. We are delighted to know that you appreciate our preparations; from food, to decors to the outstanding hospitality that is inherent in each of our associates. We are even more inspired to be the best, the Marco Polo Way.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We look forward to see you again this year and more years to come.

Hans Hauri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The adjacent construction work was not obtrusive and gave no cause for complaint even when by the pool. The location was away from city noise and traffic. Cebu city was a severe disappointment and the only reason to return would be to stay at the Marco Polo Plaza. The room on the 23rd was as good as you would expect from a hotel of this category, complimented by massive king size bed with orthopaedic mattress and pillows. In-room facilities were very good, as was room service. My overriding enjoyment of this hotel was the quality of the staff. I must single out Robert behind the pool bar and the waiter Lloyd; friendly and attentive without being overly so. I would recommend a stay at this hotel for couples and families.

Room Tip: We stayed on high floor and had a great hill-side view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CEBU
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The old Cebu Plaza Hotel-now Marco Polo Plaza hotel which sits on top of Nivel Hills. My entire family checked-in around the 1st week of December and they liked it. The bed is very comfortable, the kids love the view of the city and they love the kiddie pool too. The room is spacious with 2 double beds. I'm surprised with the bravia LCD tv inside. Bathroom looks average but the vanity kit was gorgeous I brought some home. The only thing blocking the full view of the city from the pool is the Marco Polo condominium which is under construction. One last thing-i love the free coaster ride to the malls-it comes free if you want to go shopping or explore the city.

Room Tip: Request for a city view room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My first stay at the Marco Polo in Cebu.
Was an excellent location as it away from the hustle & bustle of the city.
Room was very spacious, nicely furnished & staff were very helpful.
Only negative is for the #2 hotel in Cebu I was expecting the bathroom to be more up to date. It was cramped & had obviously not been refurbished in quite sometime.
Some positives however is the immaculate lobby & lounge area. As it's Christmas staff were dressed up as nutcrackers & ballerinas, the giant Christmas tree is gorgeous. The breakfast buffet was on of the best I've had ever, although it is quite pricey if not include in your room charge.
All in all I had a great time & would possibly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

First let me start with the small negative part... There is construction next door, right by the pool. The only time we heard the noise is when we were outside. That's it.

Now about the hotel. It is beautiful inside. Specially this time of the year with their Christmas decorations. Everyone was accommodating, helpful and eager to assist you in a moments notice.
The hotel has 3 restaurants. We tried every one. The Blu bar and grill on the roof top was just absolutely romantic and the food was wonderful. El Viento, the outside bar and grill is a great place right next to the pool area where you dont need to worry about changing your clothes to grab a quick lunch or dinner. Cafe Marco, has a reputation to have one of the best buffet in the city and that statement is true. A large assortment of Asian food, just yummy. When you go for breakfast ask to sit at Joy Romeo's section, she is wonderful.
Any where you need to go is only a taxi ride away. Not too close to anything but easy to get to.

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed overnight with my friends after a corporate party still at Marco Polo. Food was disappointing but service was good, facilities were well improved and there was nothing notable to complain about the room where we stayed in. I must say, my stay was still a very pleasant one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sagay City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is my second time in Marco Polo Cebu so this is also going to be my second review of the hotel.

I was only scheduled for one night in Cebu but my tattoo session got delayed so I had a lame excuse to miss my flight and book another hotel. I initially stayed in Radisson but I thought I couldn't afford staying there for another night so I thought Marco Polo was a better option. I made a reservation on their own website but I did not get a confirmation right away - their reservations department only emailed me after I checked out - so I just dared to go to the hotel and luckily they still had a deluxe room available for their weekender package.

I got free Havaianas included in their weekender package - nothing fitted me though and everything seemed to be for girls so that was for my mother. They also had other freebies and discounts included in the package but I did not get any of them - one of those freebies they indicated (a Marco Polo explorer gift pack for kids) was not available in the gift shop as I was told.

I collect key card sleeves (or whatever you call that case they use for key cards) so one thing I immediately noticed was how thin the sleeves were compared to the last time I was in this hotel and that was just 2 months ago. Maybe the hotel was cost-cutting?

I did not get the free breakfast and I chose to order the room service breakfast instead. Yes, it may be a little pricey but boy was I so full after eating half of it, so I was pretty satisfied.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Marco Polo Plaza? Share your experiences!