“Diplomat OK with me...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
memphis tn
“Diplomat OK with me...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Well my stay in Cebu is over. I am back home in the USA. I might add that I had a great time.
I stayed at the Diplomat Hotel for about 3 weeks. I used their web site to reserve my room. I requested a room in the new wing. I had no problems with them or using their web site to reserve my room. Note: you have to give your Credit Card to reserve and they charge 10% on it right away. I was consern about the safety of that but had on problems. The 10% was taken off the daily bill and I just paid cash for the rest while at the hotel. So I did not have to use my CC anymore. The service was great everywhere but in the restuarnt. I really never used them so it did not make too much difference to me. One day i was going out to visit my wife's family and I was going into the restuarnt to get a hambuger to go so I could eat it on the way, I was sorta in a hurry, so I figure this would be easy. No ! I order and paid for the hamburger to go. Waited about 20 minutes and ask where is my hamburger. The girl told me, sorry we have no hamburger...OK, I then order a blt to go...and started to try to pay the difference and was then told they had no bread for the BLT. I just got my $ back and left a little pissed. Never went back to the resturant there in the hotel.
The Hotel staff and the person who clean my room on the other hand were very nice and helpful. They were always avalible to answer questions and give advice. The Hotel always had security at the door and log you in a taxi out front. If there were any problems and you needed help they would always try to help asap. The Hotel was clean and the airconditionier work in the room as did the cable TV and the inroom safe and frig.
I had no problems with people hanging out in the lobby or anything else like that.
So I would give the Hotel a Plus and will try to stay there on my next trip.
Also, I used Danny as a shuttle service to and from the hotel to the airport and found him and his wife to reliable and very helpful. He only charges 300 php and I found it to be worth the $ for his services. I would suggest anyone wanting private shuttle services to think about using him. I can supply a email address for him in the tripadvisor questions sections if anyone wants it.
Like I said I had a great time and now I am home.
Tim from Memphis

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first

Been to Diplomat Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Diplomat Hotel

Address: 90 F Ramos St., Cebu City 6000, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Visayas > Cebu Island > Cebu City
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #39 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Hotel Class:3 star — Diplomat Hotel 3*
Diplomat Hotel enjoys a central location in downtown Cebu. It is about 40 minutes from the airport and only 15 minutes away from the nearest ferry station. Rest comes easy in the comfort of the 100 air-conditioned rooms at Diplomat Hotel. Relish the convenience of having a cable TV, mini-bar, room safe, and hot & cold shower at your disposal. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diplomat Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Diplomat Hotel Cebu City
Diplomat Hotel Cebu Island/Cebu City

If you own or manage Diplomat Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.