“Not Quite Happy” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Mandaue, Philippines
“Not Quite Happy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had fond memories of Italianni's while I was in Makati. That is why I was very excited they came to Cebu. I am aware that they are on the pricey side. But it did not matter. We visited twice. But after that I was able to try other Italian restaurants here in Cebu (La Tegola and Pizzeria Michelangelo), and I find their food much better. I was not also happy that they were aggressively selling their membership card during our visit. Perhaps they are not selling them now. Overall I don't want to say that their food is bad. Some are enjoyable too. But they are not outstanding, and in my personal opinion not worth the money.

• Visited May 2014

Australia
“Nice pizzas but a tad franchise driven on the menu?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have been here a few times and is a useful place to eat if you are wanting basic pizzas and pasta. The pizza is nice, lots of choice but the rest of the menu seems to follow a formulaic / franchise approach which is a shame as the staff are friendly (try hard) and service as good for me

I liked he food but friends said the pasta was undercooked and not tasty which is why I prefer other places in Cebu for pasta not the franchise type eateries

Overall it was fine and I will go back when I feel lazy and want a pizza

Yes it pricey compared with other places that's serve the same (eg Café Michelangelo in Banilad) but is in Ayala

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Banilad, Cebu City
“Very positive surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

A little confused after the reading of the two negative reports, yesterday night we wanted to experience ourselves (5 persons) that restaurant. We were happy to take the challenge, for we all were really very positive surprised:
Food: excellent to delicious, almost genuine Italian (as a European, I know what I'm talking about), perfect and professional staff (special note for Wena for her friendly and very helpful service), the green mango shake and calamansi-juice were freshly made and excellent, the (red) house-wine isn't a "great wine" (nowhere you'll find "great wines as house-wine and certainly nor for such a reasonable price), but very acceptable to nice. The restaurant itself is well-situated, tasteful decorated and comfortable. Also well-visited (3 times "full" in the few hours we spent there. So, what could we complain about ? The price ? OK, it's rather "pretty expensive, but let's be honest about that. Prices are well advertised on the menu's outside, nobody forces you to go in and/or order. If you don't want to spent that money, just walk away and go somewhere else. Be sure if it's not worth the price, I will tell. In this case all 5 of us have just one advise "Italianni's is worth visiting".

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Italian food that does not quite live up to its reputation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This place is conveniently located in the buzzing restaurant terrace area of Ayala Mall in Cebu City.
The service was efficient and the staff smartly dressed and friendly. The food portions are really large, but for the price, a little disappointing. I chose Chicken Malanaise, which according to the menu was supposed to be served with "caramelized onions," but they were raw. When the waitress asked what I thought of the food I replied it was okay, not fantastic, she looked a little surprised and just collected the bill.
I will say the green mango shakes are great.

Cebu City, Philippines
“Weird, I had a good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My experience was good despite the negative reviews.

Pros:
- Service is good. Very professional, despite their mistakes.
- Food is delicious.
- Place is quiet and comfortable.

Cons:
- We ordered red wine, but we returned it because they gave us white wine.
- We ordered pizza for take out (we wanted to bring the pizza outside after dinner), but they forgot it. Their loss.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food