“Great fresh salads and many other excellent dishes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe de Geneve

Cafe de Geneve
Cong. Noel Corner President Roxas (Beside Anya's) | Villa Aurora, Kasambagan, Mabolo, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
+63 32 412 0748
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 390 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Philippines
“Great fresh salads and many other excellent dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

After several visits we've never been disappointed. Great service, and it's refreshing to see menu items not available elsewhere in the city.

Personally I think the fondue was awesome, even if it's hot out!

Denver, Colorado
“Great Taste of Swiss Cuisine and Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Lovely small restaurant serving unabashedly Swiss and continental dishes in an intimate, charming setting. The owner/server met us warmly and graciously and then explained the day's choices listed on a slate, which was helpful for my Filipina partner, for whom many were new. Since we came with our 3 1/2 year old son, it was so nice to see crayons at every table for adults and children both to show off their artistic talents on the paper placemats. My coq au vin was very good but the best part of the meal was the dessert, a scrumptious millefeuille. I had to laugh at the comment below criticizing the restaurant for serving a classic Swiss dish - the cheese fondu. The food here is very good and the choices interesting.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Stick to banking.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The swiss are known for banking and finance but not so much for their cuisine. Maybe it has to do with their location between Italy and france, who steal the show.  Cheese is heavenly but I prefer it incorporated into other dishes, and not actually “be” the dish like with fondue and raclette. It’s something for the ski lodges not the tropics in my opinion.  I did  like the smallness to the place, but this is more of a niche bakery and small bites place where you can also have a coffee in private. I wouldn’t really call it a restaurant at this point.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CdGeneve, Owner at Cafe de Geneve, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear gigbrugado,
We are sorry that your visit to the cafe has proved less than satisfactory. When we first thought of serving fondue and raclette in a warm location our friends thought we were crazy but it turns out those dishes are quite popular indeed! We also make sure to serve alternatives such as salads, quiches, sandwiches, as well as heavier offerings in the form of roesti (grated potato pancakes), meatballs, stews. As a matter of fact, one of our regulars is lactose intolerant! We do hope you will try some of our non-cheese dishes on your next visit.
Cafe de Geneve
“Try this place, it really worth it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The place is really really good !
Sebastien and Windy make a real good job ! The ambiance is cosy, you feel like at home. They come to talk to you, the service is good, the food is always delicious and I really enjoy to talk with Windy about food, recipe, tastes and as I grew up close to Switzerland, I can share about the country with Sebastien and Windy as well.
I highly recommend this restaurant !
Last time I went there, I ate the chicken Cebu Jun.... it was amazing !
The cheese fondue and the cheese raclette are very yummi, the Millefeuilles crepescake as dessert too and I love their röestis with Zürich style pork !
Thanks to you for your place, I will come back, for sure !

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Quezon City, Philippines
“Beautiful Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had brunch at Cafe de Geneve.
It was beautiful on my pallet.
The salad was good.
I had the raclette fondue. That was fun to have with potato and even the table bread.
My partner said the coffee was very good.
I went back another day and the wine was good.
I'd go back again because the menu seems to change and maybe I will discover something new, fun, and yummy to eat.

• Visited January 2014