“Nice Hotel, Enjoyed My Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites

Save Saved
You added Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites to your Saves list
Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   F. Cabahug St. Cor. Pres. Quirino Ayala Access road | Ayala Access road, Mabolo, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #42 of 75 hotels in Cebu City
Vancouver
“Nice Hotel, Enjoyed My Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Dropped in without a reservation and got the rack rate of 1990 Pesos. I stayed once before and enjoyed the accommodation but it's a bit far from the Ayala Mall. I chose the new wing both times so I can't say what the old wing is like. The room is very nicely appointed with a large bathroom, shower and tub. There is a small coffee area with a kettle which I always appreciate. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Both times I've stayed, there have been huge student groups and they can tend to all want to use the elevator at once. I was ready to take the stairs when one of the bellman took me to a back elevator so I was able to avoid the crowd.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Administration107, Manager at Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your positive review.

It is our main goal to have better service at all times. Your review regarding your personal experience during your stay will give us another strength and effort to maintain our good service and not to cease giving our guests an ultimate total customer satisfaction.

Because you deserve more...we are happy to let you know that you are entitled to have an overnight discounted rate in your next stay. Please print this and do not hesitate to show our reply to our reservation officer.

See you in Sarrosa International Hotel.

Thank you very much.

Sarrosa International Hotel Team.

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Been in Sarrosa for almost 1 month. At first I am hesitant to stay because of the negative reviews that i have read, but I decided to stay for 3 days only to give a try. After 3 days i extended it for another 2 days in their hotel rooms. Finally, I rented their residential suites in the south wing for 1 month. During my stay, i was able to MT (meet and talk) all the people their from staff to the managers. Both south and norht(new) wings are great, clean and big room especially the new wing . Personnel are ok with a touch of hospitality and has flexibility. There are times I got sick and my buffet breakfast was delivered to my room. Good job Amigas and Amigos. i like your professionalism. see you in Sinulog

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

When I first tried my key for the door it didn't work, a housekeeping staff went to my rescue and told me that it has to be validated at the front desk; he didn't even assisted me to have it validated but instead instructed me (even seeing that I am carrying a big backpack)... I told the front desk that whenever they send a key to a customer that it should have been validated... but of course they were deaf and mute on that end so I would not be suggesting this hotel and let this be a warning to all of those who want better service...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Administration107, Manager at Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Dear Mr. Entengoreng,

Thank you for your review.

Kindly be informed that our card and elevator supplier were able to fix the key card problem. Since then, we have not received any complaints from our guests.

On the other hand, the Management had conducted a back to basic housekeeping seminar and we are now implementing our weekly monitoring evaluation to make sure that they are applying all the steps learned from the seminar they have attended.

Our humble apologies.

Regards.

The Management
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We have a Financial Literacy Program and Livelihood Program which we choose to held in this Hotel. We did'nt noticed that we booked at 2-6pm but our guest started to arrived at 1 pm, we asked them to open the light and the aircon , the staff followed our instruction but this girl who's name is HAZEL UY one of the manager told their staff to turn OFF the aircon because their policy is to open the aircon 30 mins before the booked time. This girl is not appropriate in her position, she does'nt know how to smile to their guest and to approached them in a right manner. She need a disciplinary action for what she done to us.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Sarrosa Hotel has a lack of service- and customerorientation and is badly managed.
First experience was that my room, which was in the old part of the building, had no toilet bowl, instead there was a big hole in the bottom of the bathroom. After i complained they gave me another room in the old building, which was grubby (therefore i recommend not to take a room in the old part of the hotel). When i complained again by the manager, she even did not apologize for giving me a room with no toilet bowl (never experienced such a mismanagement) she offered me a room in the new wing of the hotel. The room was quite o.k., but she wanted to have additional 1.700 pesos (about 30 Euro per night). Together with the price i payed already, this would have been much more than the price i would have to pay when i would have booked this room via agoda from the beginning. In the end after negotiating i had to pay 500 pesos per day in addition.
The room were not clean, there was no hairdryer in the room, no sign at the door where you can signal for cleaning the room or not to be disturbed with the consequnece, that the service personal ringed you out of bed in the morning.
No safe in the room, you have to deposit your valuables in a safe at the reception desk, but you cannot deposit a laptop, because the safe is to small.
WIFI is free in the lobby, the LAN in the room has to be paid.
Some of the personal was friendly, other part wasn't, for me a clear managemnent problem.
I would not recommend the hotel, but instead the Alpa City Hotel(i was there in January 2011) which is much better in every respect, especailly service orientation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

The hotel has a terrible system, it sure needs an upgrade.We had our wedding reception in Sarrosa International(?) Hotel. It sure cannot pass international standards. Will never recommend this hotel. Time to check out we have to wait for more than 2 hours just to settle the bill as there were a lot of charges cashier and front desk cannot even explain, so in the end we have to wait for the person who handled our account who was so late . Come to think of it, we only need to pay the incidental as we have paid in full the total cost of the reception a week before checking in....WEEKS after the event they rang us to say, they were not able to include the drinks we used from the bar which was around P200 pesos. So the 2 plus hours we spent to check out was not even enough..FEW DAYS before we leave for New Zealand we got a call from our coordinator saying we need to pay P2,800 because of some miss calculations. MARIJO who handled our account cannot even ring us herself to inform us about it...WE CHECKED OUT ALREADY, MEANING WE HAVE PAID WHAT WE NEED TO PAY...they send my sister in law the bill on the P2,000 incidenta???...HELLO, why would you send it to somebody who has got nothing to do with the event...she was just a guest...SEND IT TO USSSSS MORONS!!!!....

• Stayed December 2010
Sentosa Island, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We had our wedding reception at their new Grand ballroom,and we also rented three rooms to accommodate visitors for the event. My wife and I were very happy with the rooms we had and the Reception venue was a 10/10.But thats it for the Pros on this hotel. We will go with the Cons, to start with on our check-in day the receptionist together with the cashier,could not find my payment details which i settled in full just two days before.On the reception date they served a spoiled spaghetti and we also caught their waiters slowly packing our leftovers(clearly keeping for themselves to bring home).Their package mentioned a smoke and bubble machine,but if you avail it you cannot use it inside due to smoke might trigger the fire sensor and bubbles might wet the place.Of corz I would like to mention their sound system,it was the main problem in our reception.I clearly arranged with the hotel event coordinator that I would be checking the sound system the night before,but that did not happened because they will not allow me if managers will not approve.Our simple CDs did not play in their junk sound system,in turn we had our own laptop connected to their audio jack to solve the issue,and from then on their stupid sound staff become useless. Other issues like excessive high prices on goods,poor room service that you need to inform operator three times so that they would come.Finally most important is they won't inform you if you left something in your room as you checked out..I highly discourage everyone who wants to have their events in this hotel.Don't be fooled by their nice looking rooms because in the end its not the only thing that matters..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites? Share your experiences!