“This is our favourite Cebu hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   F. Ramos Street | P.O. Box 237, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
UK
“This is our favourite Cebu hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

OK so we met here and then we married and all that romantic stuff..... so we are biased, ok? This trip we stayed in Mid-Town hotel (major mistake, truly awful), LS Pension House #3 and then back to our dear Holiday Plaza. It needs renovating. The restaurant in the evening is awful. Breakfast is just fabulous - the choice is great and the service is fantastic. Eat upstairs on the rooftop - Sinugba Bay - for grills and soup and other nice stuff. Not cheap, but worthwhile at least once on your trip. Reception is professional, room service/housekeeping is brilliant, but the staff need to work hard for your tip as they are not well paid. We had been surprised by the poor reviews here and elsewhere and felt that this trip (18 months since we were last here) the hotel has tried hard to respond to criticism - but do not expect any major investment and up-grade!!!!
So, we felt good getting back. Hotel is nearly 3 times the price of the pension house (2000 pesos v 750 pesos), but we really enjoyed the last week of our holiday staying here - as did our Cebu friends who kept coming to see us in the hotel!

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
The Villages, florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I've visited cebu four time the last two years and I always choose Holiday Plaza being close to almost everything, shopping mall, restaurants, food mart, etc. I'm a kind of guy who does not complain about little shortcmings with regards to hotel services. Though I agree on some of the complains cited by other guests on this hotel.. But my last stay with this hotel got into my nerve. I lost a ring and a necklace I left in my jacket in my room. Did not report to front desk, because I only discover it that my jewelry gone when I was checking out, hoping that I might have put it back in my luggage, as I don't wear jewelry when I'm traveling. I'm aware about hotel policy that they are not responsible for any lost things left in the hotel, but some workers in this hotel having access to room are sticking their fingers on garments hang on closets and also cleaning out what they can find. I've heard that manaement underpaid them, but it's not an excuse. Management must be make aware of this if they want a good reputation and do more business....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Edmonton, CANADA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Stayed one night at Holiday Plaza during a motorcycle tour around Cebu and Negros. No complaints: price was right, staff eagerly let us park in secure underground parking, and shower, internet, wakeup calls worked without a hitch. Close to bars and nightlife as well. Saw many worse hotels along the way.

• Liked — good value, close to nightlife
  • Disliked — could use a cosmetic overhaul
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Plaza Hotel

Address: F. Ramos Street | P.O. Box 237, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Visayas > Cebu Island > Cebu City
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Plaza Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Holiday Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Plaza Cebu City
Holiday Plaza Hotel Cebu Island/Cebu City

If you own or manage Holiday Plaza Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.