“Ideal location, Affordable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Plaza Hotel

You added Holiday Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   F. Ramos Street | P.O. Box 237, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #51 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Cavite
“Ideal location, Affordable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I did the right move in choosing the Holiday Plaza Hotel during our vacation in Cebu last May 8->11, 2013. The hotel is conveniently located in the uptown area, just across Robinsons in Fuente Osmena. It's also just a walking distance from Larsian and the Crown Regency, where the "Sky Adventure" is located.

What I also like most about Holiday Plaza is that they accept reservation without requiring any deposit. You can easily book through phone.

Their staffs are also very nice and friendly. Also, from experience, Holiday Plaza is probably the most "considerate" hotel I've book in to.

I'm looking forward for my next trip to Cebu City and I'll definitely be coming back to Holiday Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Holiday Plaza excels it self just for the buffet breakfast alone,which is inclusive in the price for the hotel room.Anyone who has stayed at this friendly hotel will vouch for for this fact,Evening time,recommend trying the bbq restuarant upon the rooftop,lovely views,quite romantic,choose your own fresh fish,prawns,or crab,and they will prepare it for you,reasonably priced.The hotel staff care for your needs and make your stay very welcome.The room large airy and provides all basic necessities.Everything is clean tidy and presentable and in good working order.Ive stayed at this hotel at least 3/4 times,my longest stay 2 weeks.always found it relaxing friendly and would stay their again,which for me will be in December 2013.I also like the easy walking distance to the town,access to Robinsons,and the variety of shops and stalls that are available.A short taxi or jepney ride will take you to Ayala or the SM shopping mall.All in all the price is right,the room is more than ideal,location is good,I'm from England,and i do have my standards,i do like value for money,this hotel meets those expectations.You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel last Oct. 25,2012 for an overnight stay. We are delighted to have a big room for my husband and daughter. The room is nice but quite outdated. However, the airconditioning is functioning well and the comfort room is nice and clean. The beds are comfortable ( 1 queen size and 1 single bed ) and they have clean beddings also. What we enjoyed most is their buffet breakfast. The food is great! plus the staff are friendly and accomodating. My family is planning to stay again in this hotel. Their room rates are reasonable considering that their location is only a walking distance to a mall and other establishments.

Room Tip: rooms on the far end are quiter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my first visit to the Philippines and my first vist to this hotel.. First impressions were good. Met at the front of the hotel by the security staff who was very polite and helped me with my bags to the front of the hotel doors. Very kind of him and very unexpected. Then the bell boy picked up all of my bags and put them on a trolly and asked me to go with him to the reception area where I was met met with a big smile and a very warm greeting... Booking in was painless and while I was waiting was asked if I would like a cold drink or a cup of coffee. After a very long 19 hour flight this came as a relief and again very unexpected. I was then shown to my room by the bell boy who was a delight and was very polite and helpful. Once arrived to my room he helped me lift the bags to where I wanted them and then proceeded to show me where everything was and how to work everything like the TV and air con.... He made sure that I had a supply Or coffee and tea and the fridge was fully stocked with complementary water... He even went so far as to ask one of his work collegues for extra cold bottled water for me which he fetched himself and put in the fridge. Such a nice helpfull member of the hotel staff who I got to know very well during my stay there.. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The staff who came in every morning to clean the room and make the beds etc were excellent and again very polite and helpful. Nothing was to much trouble for them and were very flexible in when I wanted them to clean... The buffet breakfast in the mornings were superb. Lots to eat and very varied with all mannor of meats fish and standard breakfast cereal if you wished. The waiters were always topping up your coffee or tea cups and always made sure you had fresh bottled cold water if this was required. Again nothing was too much trouble for them. They even would make you a custom omelet if you wated it. Again everything was fresh and served hot... Not like some hotels I have been in where some of the food was Luke warm... This hotels food was always pipping hot... The hotel rooms were all top quality and staff were an absolute delight and incredibly helpful. There was also a wonderful BBQ on the roof of the hotel held every night the views while eating your food were great. The only thing I would say would improve my stay would be to have safes in your own rooms rather that them currently being held at reception. But to be honest this was a minor inconvenience.
I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone... I will certainly wish to stay here again on my next visit to this country. A fantastic hotel and the staff are an additional bonus and a tribute to the hotel management.

Room Tip: Try and get a front facing room looking out to the main road... Good for people watching!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

stopped in the holiday plaza for a few nights in jan and feb of 2012 nice room good size clean tv aircon mini bar unsuite reasonable price nice buffet breakfast and most important really nice friendly staff all said hello and good morning etc ! central located hotel and a bbq on the roof every night ,the choose your fish and they cook it for you many afterthink ,great flavour very nice , can not fault the hotel and staff and for the price 2000 a night will stay there again , bad things only one which was out of the hotels powers we had a 6.9 eathquake ! while there was terrified and on the 7th floor the room shook !!!!!!!!!!!!! alot , went down stairs by the the stairs asked at reception nothink to worry about sanarmey warning but bad information please stay down here everyone outside panicing cars and bikes everywhere roads grid locked worried to death then the door man was polishing the fingermarks off his glass doors so maybe were safe many aftershocks but staff were great ! holiday plaza staff thank you

Room Tip: higher up is quieter from the street
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel turned off my air conditioning..When I went to the front desk and ask me why they said they wanted me to change rooms..When I ask to talk to the manager..Mrs Lin who is the owner told the clerk to tell me if i did not like the hotel to go some where else...she is a very ugly old woman and not a nice lady..the hotel is really a dump..I would never recomend this hotel to anyone..

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

The excellent b&b - Casa Escano - was full so i had to look around for another Hotel in the heat....after leaving two hotel, one dingy the other where the rooms lights cut out one minute after I entered the bathroom, I found the rather smart looking Holiday Plaza - was this part of a group?

But for 3,500 pesos I was hoping for something good. Front desk and porter helpful, and I had a good night, in a somewhat tired room. The aircon stopped rattleing after I gave it a bang, and I slept well. Lovely bath, no bath plug,

The inclusive breakfast was another story! When i got down to the drab breakfast room it was quite busy, about 20 people there. Staff polite but sleepy. However many of the self service buffet dishes were empty...making the food offering very limited. i asked to speak to the manager 2 times and on the 3rd time was told that the chef was in charge.......2 minutes later I saw a smart elderly chef show his face at kitchen entrance only to disappear again. I was wondering why so many guests were prepared to put up with such substandard service, and staff that were not being supervised.

Asked to speak to the hotel manager, and after again several requests, was told that the old lady walking around was the owner, Mrs Lim. Then I noticed a distinct change in the attutude of the staff, suddenly they were more friendly and more active. The juices were filled, the bacon was replenished, the vegetables were refilled.

I approached Mrs Lim who was probably a septuagenarian, (70-80 years old) and who was pleasant enough. Asked for a comment card, they had none, she told me that they have never had a complaint before, asked how many stars she has,she said none, Asked her why the Chef did not approach to sort out a complaint - she said she does not encourage contact with the customers, I even mentioned trip advisor and asked her if she know about it, She said she would ask her grandchildren to show her the website!

It just surprises me that such a large hotel, and investment can be run like this! Perhaps it needs a new owner as the hotel location is excellent, and it still has life in it yet, if it has dynamic management!

Disappointed, tired, and there are better in Cebu City

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, unless you get a very good deal.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!