“modern hotel. Nice breakfast buffet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Summit Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Summit Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Summit Circle Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Fuente Osmena, Cebu City, Philippines (Formerly Cebu Midtown Hotel)   |
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
“modern hotel. Nice breakfast buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

loved the mixed asian/occidental breakfast. The pool is smaller than expected. perfect location, great service. It was great to have a nice sleep after a few nights in a bungalow. take care ride to the airport can take 45mn at peak time.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel had its glory days in the 80's and 90's. Now, it needs total renovation. We spent 3 nights in this hotel, in December when a good friend from the USA arrived and wanted to visit her relatives from Cebu City. We did not like our room; there was a bad smell ( take note we were in a non-smoking floor) and the twin beds were so lumpy. The toilet looked like it needed thorough cleaning; we complained to the Housekeeping guy to please clean it well and spray some Lysol. We roamed around the hotel; checked the small swimming pool - some tourists there with their girlfriends noisily swimming and sunbathing.
The Cebu Midtown hotel (now Summit Circle) used to be a mid-range business hotel ages ago. I don't know how to classify this hotel now with its sad state. Food at the breakfast buffet was mediocre and it was repeated for two days; we did not eat there anymore on our third day. We also saw on the nights that we were there, " ladies of the night' hanging out in the restaurant maybe waiting for some tourists. This hotel is right above the Robinson's shopping mall and right across Fuente Osmena Circle. This is a busy area in the city and access to the hotel entrance is open to the public, therefore a security hazard . We did not feel safe in Summit Circle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cebu Island, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here to relax during the holy week. Room rate is just ok since I was able to used by cebu pacific boarding pass and had a 1k outright discount on my room rate. Reservation and Check-in procedure was seamless. First impression of the room? Strong cigarette smell. I understand that I was allocated in a smoking floor but an things like this can still be eliminated. I had issues with the aircon and the low supply of water in the shower room. Also, the handheld shower in not working. Ref needs defrosting and basically room not properly dusted. Safety deposit box was closed. Anyway for me these are just petty things beside I was there to recharge and escape from my usual routine of Room checking. hehehe!!! Breakfast buffet is ok though spread is limited. Over all I will still go back to this hotel and enjoy.

Room Tip: Request for rooms facing the fuente osmena circle
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you wanted to come visit Cebu City but not wanting to spend so much for hotel stay, Id recommend you to stay here at Summit circle hotel. It is so close to the city. Customer service was very rewarding. And the facility is quite clean. I like the fact that below it is a department store. You can easily shop waht ever you need by just taking the elevators down. I like the fact that during my stay there, they had this P1000 off discount if you have Cebu pacific flight tickets with that month or something like that. Though we werent allowed to keep our dried fish inside the room which is kind of understood you dont want to stink your room, They were able to keep the box for me until i left the hotel. Didnt like the fact that the 2nd time we stayed there, The aircondition didt really work. I went to this hotel twice during my stay in the philippines for 3weeks and I never regret coming back. I would definitely come back here if i have the chance to visit Philippines again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was told by my Cebuano friends that Summit Circle used to be the central meeting point in Cebu, so Summit Circle Hotel was the top hotel back then. So in terms of overall quality, it definitely meets the minimal standard, though abit dated. In the morning/ during special events, you can see from your hotel bedroom, throngs of people marching around the summit circle (it is a huge roundabout) and gathering in the middle of the circle. Quite an interesting sight.

Likes:
- The rooms are rather spacious. Surprisingly, the single room is the same size of a usual twin room, so it was extremely spacious :)
- It is really conveniently located to malls nearby. In fact, it was right beside a rather large and decent department store.
- Service was pretty good too as they helped us fulfill several requests earnestly and quickly.

Dislikes:
- Their cafeteria was extremely empty in the afternoons and evenings. The food doesn't seem that fresh. Most importantly, we ordered a vegetable dish with coconut in it, and one of us fell terribly sick (food poisoning) after that meal.
- Their main entrance is really hidden and up a slope, some cab drivers cannot find it.
- It is not easy to get a cab on your own. And since the main entrance is hidden and up on a slope, you have to get the cab using a side entrance, where it was extremely hard to get a cab.

Room Tip: High floor, facing the summit circle.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hotel offers value, excellent location, outstanding breakfast buffet, great service, nice pool. I found the daily breakfast buffets worth the stay. They also had $4 to $5 all you can eat specials during the day.

Room Tip: Ask for nonsmoking high floor, with Fuentes view. We stayed in 1115
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

March 21 til 24 2013
Im glad they give me the same room. I don't mind lack of bathroom stuff because I have my own. The most important cleanliness... luckily i got good discount after showing them my boarding pass from Cebu Pacific.
I'm sure I will go back again and stay n the same hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Summit Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!