“Nice, Affordable, Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Summit Circle Hotel

You added Summit Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Summit Circle Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Fuente Osmena, Cebu City, Philippines (Formerly Cebu Midtown Hotel)   |
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Quezon City, Philippines
“Nice, Affordable, Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I asked a family-friend (who works in the travel & tourism industry), what's a nice and affordable place to stay in Cebu, and she suggested that my friends and I stay at Summit Circle Hotel during our Cebu trip last January 6, 2013.

Booking and check-in was a breeze (via directwithhotels). We were a party of 4, so we booked two deluxe rooms. When we got to our rooms, we saw that each room could easily fit four, maybe even five people, as there were two double beds plus a couch on the side.

Bathroom was clean. My only qualm is that there is no water heater, coffee mugs, and free coffee/sugar/creamer sachets if you wanted to make coffee.

The hotel's location is quite convenient as it is on top of a shopping mall and grocery. If you need to buy something, you can easily go there. The hotel is also near to some restaurants, a drug store, convenient store, and if you're a true coffee addict, Starbucks is a 5-minute walk away (at the ground floor of Crowne Regency).

Hotel has wifi but a little erratic. Breakfast at C2 was good, the usual continental flair, but would have to loved to see some Filipino breakfast choices as well, like tapa, tocino, longganisa, etc. There was danggit though.

I would have to agree with the other reviews that the best quality of this hotel is their hospitality. Staff was courteous, accommodating, and always smiling.

Overall, our stay at Summit Circle Hotel was pretty good. I would love to stay here again on my next Cebu trip.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing Fuente Circle. Or else you're going to end up staring at a wall of another...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Me and my family stay 3 rooms in this hotel, middle of January 2013,we stay for several days hoping until Sinulog and they said i could possibly have 'coz I am a staying guest....Saturday morning me and my family go for early breakfast,I went straight to reception desk at 8:30am to follow up and advice them to extend for another 2 days,they said to wait for a while and come back to desk.I follow up in the desk nearly every hour and they said they will call me in my room,I wait for several hours nobody call or knock my room.At 3.30pm a friend of mine come to visit us,she heard reception staff talk about us to "FORCE EVACUATION" I went down to talk to BERNADETTE ITONG THE FRONT OFFICE MANAGER,and she said she cannot do anything but to let us evacuate and she said I did not advice reception for extension.I told her Since early morning on that day Saturday and even Friday I already advice them that we are going to stay for 2 more days,I even beg them for 1 room for my disable dad and my elderly mum hard for us to transport them 'coz the traffic is bad...MIRO and BERNADETTE give us 1room but at 7 pm my mum send me message o my phone while I'm in Sto.Nino church, that Ferdinand Fabi the duty manager outside the room with house detective cause they want my mum and my disable dad to evacuate the room right away,I feel sorry for my parents for the panic...The manager on this hotel don't have any respect to their guest.....

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days 3 nights.. The staff are really accommodating and friendly, they would always smile and assist you if you have any concern.. The room was also good, quite spacious and complete when it comes to what you really need; fridge, safelock, cabinet with hangers, TV, small receiving area (small couch good for 2 with matching table), table/desk where i can do my work, comfy bed, and amazing bathroom, i really loved the bathroom, not that spacious but generally okay.. With bathroom goodies and especially the hair dryer (i find this really helpful).. The breakfast was okay, good selection of food.. Their C2 restaurant served delicious dishes, try their salad and pastas.. Really good..

Overall i had nice stay here at this hotel, from arriving from the airport to taking a cab to go anywhere.. :) budget friendly also! I would recommend this hotel ;)

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bacoor, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Centrally located in Cebu, with a mall below it.

WiFi is free but will disconnect if computer remains idle for longer than 10 minutes (I think) Breakfast buffet has an OK selection. Danggit (dried fish) was always there during my stay. Room was spacious, I was given a room on the 12th, facing the fountain, but even if high above, noise from the below could be heard. Saw a cockroach in the bathroom, went away quickly, so I didn't bother.

The staff is the best attribute of this hotel, they always smile and greet you if they see you. Courteous and always a pleasure to talk to. I had to transport a heavy box from my room to the lobby, in less than 5 minutes, bellman was at my door. No hassle whenever I call for a taxi, or when I had to extend my stay. Customer service at its best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

My 13 year old and I stayed in this hotel. I had fond memories from 15 years ago when this hotel was still called Midtown Hotel. On a month-long holiday in the Phils, I wanted to see Fuente Osmena circle again. This is our sixth hotel during this trip. I paid around $50 and here are my thoughts.

Needs improvement:
- there are Mosquitos in the room. The hotel is in dire need of defogging. Good thing we have mosquito bands which we used while sleeping.
- towels are deplorable. Please provide new fluffy towels.
- intermittent Internet. Wifi was free but keeps dropping off. Didn't bother to complain as I have ample 3G on my mobile. I am sure staff will fix had I complained.

That's it. I have more positive things to say than negative.

Positives:
- Two complimentary bottled water
- Free wifi
- Two double beds which could fit a family of four;
- Large room with a sofa, desk, safe, enough room for luggage, strong hot water
- Decent breakfast (nothing fancy) but there were salad and fruit stations
- Awesome views of Osmena Circle. Be sure to ask for a room at a high floor with views
- Floor was tiled so this eliminated carpet odor
- Very clean with minimalist decor
- I had problems with safe. Staff fixed it with plenty of smiles.

I really got good value for my money here. Highly recommended for families.

• Stayed December 2012
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is the renovated version of Cebu Midland Hotel. Not bad for its price and location. For people who want to be in downtown Cebu, then this is one of the places to be considered. The hotel is at the 4th floor of Robinson’s Supermarket and Department Store at Fuente Osmena Circle. There’s a lift dedicated to the hotel. There’s also direct access to the department store so all your basic necessities (and more) can easily be covered. Around the area are numerous restaurants and bars. No one will ever get hungry here. Getting a ride is a breeze coz the moment you step out of the hotel, there are taxis and jeepneys everywhere. But the location is definitely not for those who do not want to hobnob with the masses. This is the pulse of Cebu, the area where ordinary people converge.

The hotel itself is not bad though I was expecting a more elegant place. Then I remember that for its price, I shouldn’t be asking too much. Since it was just recently renovated, the rooms are done well. Single rooms, however, are smaller than those for double occupancy although tariffs are the same. The single room is a bit narrow with the bed positioned at the far end near the windows. The dresser where the TV is located is at the left side of the bed making it a bit awkward to watch TV while lying down. However, there’s a small sofa opposite the dresser to entertain guests. As to the room amenities, there’s a safe, ref, and hair drier. As for toiletries, only soap and shampoo are provided. No toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, etc. Hot water also takes time to come out and when it does, gosh, it really is hot! Anyway, I love that there’s free wifi in the room and the free buffet breakfast is good enough. There’s also a stub for a welcome drink for two at the C2 restaurant given upon check in. It also has a pool but it’s small and just good for dipping in.

The staff, especially the events people Kathy, Bong, and their GM Miro were all very accommodating. Despite some last minute changes that we wanted implemented and our constant requests for a 1001 things, they were always there to help.

Check in and check out are also a breeze and everyone are very professional in what they do.

If I need an affordable place to stay with easy access to everything, I won’t hesitate to go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a double room for a bigger floor area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A pleasant hotel in midtown Cebu City. Double rooms are basic but clean and well maintained.
Very courteous staff on reception and in the restaurant. Breakfast was included and of a good standard with a varied selection. A fair drive to Mactan Airport but taxi fare was very cheap and readilly available.
All in all a good experience

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Summit Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!