“clean, budget friendly, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cuarto Hotel Cebu

You added Cuarto Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Cuarto Hotel Cebu
15 Corner J.Llorente St., Gil Garcia St., Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Cebu City
Cebu CIty
“clean, budget friendly, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I didn't plan to stay in this hotel, I don't even know about this hotel. My and my girlfriend just arrived from flight in Manila. I was trying to check in in the nearby hotel of Cuarto , but it was fully booked. So we check the nearby area and someone told about this Cuarto Hotel near Robinson's Cybergate. It was around 1-2am when we check in, lucky that time they have a promo we paid like 1k++, the room was clean, cozy, love the flat screen tv, the wifi is in high speed also, that time when we check in the free breakfast is not available since there still building the kitchen, so we never tried the food. Overall, if you're looking for a decent place to crash in your long flights near the uptown area, its the best place to go. The service is also great, they seem very helpful and attentive to our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

OK rooms but great service! Great value for money

We spent a night here last year as part of my yearly birthday get away. This place is near the port. Very good place for those who only needs to spend the night and then travel via boat the next day.

The price and the service is very good! We were a group of 5 adults and one child and we paid only 2,780.00 with buffet breakfast. We were allowed to check-in early so that we could drop our things then go out for a tour. The rooms are average. We had 2 double beds and one sofa bed. The beds are not that soft but is okay. It just saddens me to see bathrooms with only one drainage for the shower and for the toilet area but it was ok.

The staffs were very accommodating. We needed a box to place our pasalubongs and they gave us one even in the middle of the night. We had to leave before 7am because we need to catch the first boat ride to Bohol but buffet lunch is served from 7am. The staff were so nice they prepared the buffet earlier than usual. We really did appreciate that.

Our trip to Bohol was only overnight and we would have to go back to Cebu because the promo flight we got was booked in Cebu airport. We had so many things to bring that we would have to carry to from Cebu to Bohol and then from Bohol to Cebu. The staff of this hotel was so nice, they allowed us to leave our baggage at the hotel without requiring us to pay any extra amount.

From Bohol, we went back to this hotel, again, very early. We were to claim our things before heading to the airport. Very hungry, we asked if we could get some breakfast but unfortunately it was still too early their cafeteria is not yet opened. Starving and hurrying to catch our flight, we were saddened. But the staffs were so nice, the chef made us food from what is available and could easily be cooked.

I hope staffs of every hotel would be this helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I came across this hotel when I was walking around the Fuente area. I went in to ask for their rate card. I was also told that they will upgrade my room for free. I was open to trying something new so the next day after staying at the downtown area, I decided to transfer to Cuarto Hotel.

I really loved the design and architecture of the hotel. The elevator was a pleasant surprise. Take a look for yourself.

The room wasn't large but it was really beautiful and very clean. I loved the ceiling shower!

They also had toiletries ready for you like shampoo, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste too. Their television was very adequate and they also have complimentary newspaper and breakfast.

Regarding the breakfast, you had choices, it was simple but good. The thing that made it special was that you can take your breakfast anytime. I was tired and woke up late. Their breakfast became my brunch. I ate at 1230pm. That was amazing for me.

Their staff were pleasant. Pretty front desk receptionist who are always attending to you with a smile.

Lastly, I bought some food from outside the hotel and requested for a plate, spoon, and fork so I could eat in my room. They were more than happy to bring it to my room.

Definitely recommended. It was worth it! Keep it up!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the mountains or Nivel Hill, request for the room facing the mountain. I staye...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently travelled to Cebu alone and for the first time ever, I tried Cuarto Hotels. My first impression of the place was that it was very welcoming and had this pop-modern architecture. I sat near the coffee lounge to check my phone as I don't normally open my smartphone while still travelling.

When I checked in, I was a bit upset since I slightly got confused with their pricing. So the staff explained it to me with patience.And instead of having to pay 2,500, they gave me a discount so I paid 1,500 pesos only! So much savings.

They gave me a card key with my room number. Remember, this is unlike typical hotel keys that you use to open your room where you get to keep it after. It was also convenient because there was an elevator.

When I got to my room, I just hovered the card over the door (not swipe it like common hotel doors!) And when you enter the room, you just insert the card near the wall beside the door and everything inside the room literally powers up! That included the lights, aircondition, tv, bathroom, etc.

There were literally everything I needed inside the room. I didn't need to bring anything probably just my clothes. The room had FREE:

-Mineral Water
-Toothpaste and Toothbrush
-Soap
-Shampoo and Conditioner
-Daily Local Newspaper

The ammenities inside the room included:
-Programmable Safebox which is a no-brainer!
-Telelphone
-Pen and Paper
-Towels
-Hot and Cold Shower
-Open Cabinet with hangers
-Huge study table with ready coffee cups
-Flat screen TV
-Aircon
-Fluffy Comforter
- 4 pillows!!! :3

On the ground floor in the hotel, there's a cafe where you could buy your breakfast and or coffee, which mind you is also quite good!

The next day, it started to rain and one receptionist offered (without me asking) to bring one of their readily available umbrellas below.

This is a very wonderful hotel, I felt so at home and comfortable. Even when I get out of the taxi, the guard and or the staff rushes to open my door! You don't see that often in small or medium scale hotels.

I felt I had a better experience here than what I had over at Waterfront Hotels 25 years ago.

I wrote this quite lengthy review because I seriously want people to book with them because they were kind enough to make my first travel experience worth it!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Cuarto Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!