“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Gold Coast, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Glad it didn't cost much money or time. Very dated feel and a 'film' I can't rate badly enough. Really needs a complete overhaul.

Visited May 2013

Cebu City, Philippines
“May amuse children; not for adults”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The movie is so bad, that we couldn't stop laughing. Too bad that the 4D theater wasn't really well-maintained, so the film is blurred when viewed at certain angles. We enjoyed the Day Tour package (you should try the edge coaster, it's fun!), so we didn't have buyer's regret after experiencing this epic fail of a theater.

Visited September 2012
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
“Really Rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I decided to take the Sky Day Tour offered by the Crown Regency Hotel for Php 888 as it included lunch and a 4D film along with use of the pool and either the Sky Walk or Sky Coaster (or something). The Sky Walk was fine, although short lived, and I am sure the pool would have been acceptable had I tried it (it looked like a nice pool anyway), but I bought the ticket mainly for the food, walk and film.
Before I get to moaning about how bad the "film" is, I'll just say that the food was very good and delicious although I made the mistake of buying drinks with the meal and the Crown Regency's restaurant does that annoying thing that too many restaurants seem to do in Cebu where they automatically add a 10% service charge (usually without telling you). I'm sorry but the "service" is included in the price of the food. That's why we pay 4 times more for it that it would cost to cook at home! A "tip" on the other hand is something offered voluntarily when good service is offered not forced upon the customer unwittingly.
But to the film:
Firstly this is not a film. Its a 10 minute video that plays like the intro to some lame 70s music video with CG that belongs in a Playstation One game.
It's bad...VERY bad.
I expected one of those interactive 3D films where the seats move in time to the film etc...
It tries to do that, but what you end up doing is sitting in a not very comfortable seat, trying to look through old scratched glasses at a screen where one of the projectors is very clearly out of focus and is only making the 3D no longer 3D and succeeding only in giving you a headache. Then (for no apparent reason) the seat in front of you squirts dirty water into your face (I thought this film was set in space??) and then slams down an inch to represent the spacecraft crashing.
Can I say [--] on this site? I just did. It's the only word that accurately describes the experience had at the Crown Regency's 4D Theater.
Its a total joke. Don't bother.

Visited May 2013