“Best Sleep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Escario Street Cor. Juana Osmena Ext., Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 75 hotels in Cebu City
cebu
“Best Sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good value for the money. The room was very homey, the bed was the best.it was the best sleep i had after a hard days word. The interior design of the entire hotel was also cool.
The pool was small but it was already great :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rona B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We truly appreciate your positive comment about our hotel. This will help the management as well as the staff to serve at our best to continuously hear happy and positive feedback from our valued guest. We will keep that in mind that our guest deserves quality accommodation and service. We will make sure that on your future stays the same kind of service will be provided. Should there be further details you need to advise, please feel free to contact our hotel at hotel.info@bestwesternlex.com and we will assists you whatever it may be. Thank you very much.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate my birthday.
We stayed six days and just loved it!!
The stuff is amazing as well! Few of them came to our room with cake, candles and balloons that my boyfriend bout and sang happy birthday!
Amazing breakfast, amazing pool on the roof, and amazing room!!
Go, you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Cebu, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel opened in January 2013, in time for the Sinulog festivities, and I was privileged to be one of the first guests to check-in.

It all started on January 2, 2013, when I was scrambling to look for hotels along the Sinulog Grand Parade route. I was almost hopeless as all of the hotels I called/contacted (online) were full. Well, that isn’t surprising as hotels start accepting Sinulog reservations as early as June, and they’re most likely to get fully booked by the -ber months. Blame it on my procrastination. I committed the same mistake in 2011, that’s why I ended up staying at Sugbutel for Sinulog 2012.

Since hotels along the parade route were already full (some even had waiting lists already), I started to tap other hotels just near the route (I was considering hotels along Gorordo, Escario or Capitol). I managed to contact around five hotels that still had a few rooms, but the problem was, their rates were already exorbitantly high!

And then I remembered the newly-opened Best Western Plus LEX Hotel (which I will refer to as LEX Cebu in the coming sentences). I didn’t know how to reach them but for some reason, I was subscribed to their Facebook page. I sent them a very short message, “Hello. Do you still have available rooms for Sinulog?”. I was very delighted when I read the prompt response. Yes! They still had superior rooms available and at a promotional rate at that (P2,800 per night, inclusive of buffet breakfast for 2 instead of the regular rate of P5,000~)! Plus, they only required a minimum of 2 nights stay (other hotels require a minimum of 3 nights stay for you to book a room for Sinulog weekend. Other hotels that take advantage of the scarcity of rooms even require a minimum of 5-7 nights stay!).

For me to seal the deal, I would have to make the full payment through a bank transfer. Since I was still in Singapore when I made the inquiry, I asked if they could still hold the room and wait for me to make the payment as soon as I return to Cebu. As a standard practice, they committed to keep my booking for seven days. By January 7, I was able to deposit the full payment. I scanned the deposit slip and sent it to Ms. Rhea Tuanquin, Rooms Division Manager of LEX Cebu. Finally, my booking was already confirmed and I thank Ms. Tuanquin for the smooth, fast and hassle-free transaction.

January 19, 2013
*** all of the photos were taken by an iPhone 5.

The day has finally come. My brother and I would be staying at the newest hotel in the city, Best Western Plus LEX Cebu.

Check-in time is at 2pm and it was a breeze. After filling out the check-in form, I was asked to make an incidental deposit of P1,000 per night. (Incidental deposits are usually collected for miscellaneous items and services you may use at the hotel like telephone calls or valet parking. It is also a hotel’s “safety barrier” just in case a guest steals towels or damages hotel facilities. Policy varies per hotel.) After the standard procedures, we were then accompanied by a bell boy to our room, Room 503. While we were on the elevator, Mr. Bell Boy, who was all smiles, suggested that we check out their roof deck for “amazing views” of the city. We’ll check that out after we settle in our room.

As we got inside our room, I couldn’t contain my excitement. I quickly thought to myself, “gosh this is a steal!”. The room we were in was about three times larger than my room at home, haha, plus, it was a corner room!

Here are a few reasons why we made the right choice by staying at Best Western Plus LEX Cebu for Sinulog 2013:

1. As I mentioned earlier, the deal we got was a steal. It cost us much less than its real worth.

2. Best Location! Nestled at the corner of Juana Osmeña and Escario streets, LEX Cebu was the best place to stay for Sinulog. Baseline, which hosted the party of all Sinulog parties, was only 500 meters away from the hotel. 300 meters more would take you to General Maxilom (Mango) Avenue, the heart of the Sinulog Grand Parade. LEX Cebu was very near the happenings but was not affected by the road closures during Sinulog. Taxis were scarce that day but jeepneys that would take you directly to Ayala Center Cebu or Cebu IT Park were readily available as they pass along Escario Street.

3. Convenience within reach. McDonald’s beside the hotel operates 24/7. Beside the hotel is Escario Central, a strip mall featuring 7-Eleven, Zubuchon, Cafe Saree, Bubble Bee Tea House, among others. Across the hotel is Orkid Commercial Complex which plays host to Buddies’ Burger and Labeled Liquor Store + Bar, among others. Landbank, Chinabank and other ATMs are also just a few steps away from the hotel.

Considering the above, we really made the most out of our short stay at Best Western Plus LEX Cebu. In other words, sinulit namin, inavail talaga namin! Hahaha! I’d love to stay here again for Sinulog 2014, but I don’t think I’ll be able to afford their regular rates. As a budget traveler, I rarely spend for luxurious hotel accommodations. It actually felt good that I was able to reward and pamper myself for a short period, all thanks to Best Western Plus LEX Cebu and their very warm and accommodating staff!

The next time you’re visiting Cebu, do consider Best Western Plus LEX Cebu!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

It was a great deal for a day use, given the chance to.use their nice infinity pool with free.refreshing drinks plus the free use of their washrooms and towels was very good. However what made it bad is that when the hotel especially the people in the front desk let us wash their freakin' towels!!!!!!!! A friend of mine was using it when her swimsuit stained it.. WE WERE INFORMED BY A GUY FROM THE FRONTDESK THAT WE WILL PAY 500php each towel because of what happened. what's funny is that they didn't even try to wash the towels!!!!! WE DECIDED TO DO IT INSTEAD! Just to prove that it can ve.removed easily without even using a detergent...maybe we would understand if they did try to wash it before letting us do it for them! A hotel staff from the roofdeck agreed that it was just fine informing the people from the frontdesk about it..we.left the hotel around 5 but we were stopped ny a frontdesk.personnel asking for our payment for the said towels we stained.but washed...grrrr..we waited for 15minutes before they cleared us about it..The experience with the pool was very good but how the other staffs behaved was not..we may be availed the day use only but we can still let other people know about our bad experience..PLEASE CORRECT THIS!

• Stayed April 2013
Rhey T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you when you visited us for a day use. we do appreciate that you have brought up this matter to our attention and we are already looking into this.

Should you have further concerns, please feel free to contact the hotel directly by sending an email to me at rrtuanquin@bestwesternlex.com.
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

it was Clean , and Stuff was friendly , and Excellent Bed especially King Size bed . nice reception and breakfast quality was good .
But the water of swimming pool was dirty and not clean . and location was not good . WiFi internet bandwidth not good .

Room Tip: Kingsize bed and bigger
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rhey T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced during your entire stay. We are still in the process of upgrading our WiFi.

Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at hotel Best western lex cebu for three nights. For me the best part of the stay were the helpful and friendly staff who were well organized and professional. There was a little confusion upon arrival with the 22.75% city tax and them charging 1000 pesos per night as a security (you get this amount back, but I guess it's to pay for theft or damage).

The pool on the roof is nice but a little small unfortunately. Situation of hotel is next to busy street. However it is practical to get to the Ayala mall and other places. Breakfast was a buffet with a lot of choice and the staff where very attentive. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
Rona B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to know that you had a wonderful stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your future trip to Cebu.

Please feel free to contact us anytime should you have further concerns. You may email us at hotel.info@bestwesternlex.com or email me directly at rbarliso@bestwesternlex.com
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The water of swimming pool was not clear and I saw something like debris and so ..on. WiFi internet access in the room was very bad and not reliable. Views from windows was not attractive. Location of restaurant is besides a busy street and people who passing street can see guests.Taxi fare from hotel to airport( arranged by hotel reception) is more expensive than other taxi price for this destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rhey T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your visit, rest assured it will all be addressed properly to departments concerned.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu? Share your experiences!