“Best in Chinese” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best in Chinese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

With fond memories of 2 Chinese restaurants that had closed in the past years, we not have a new GO TO place for delicious Chinese food!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cebu City, Philippines
“The Best Chinese Restaurant here in Cebu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food are excellent, the service are great... this is worth a try and you get what you pay.

While waiting for our food they served complimentary hot tea of the day and roasted nuts. This is my third time to dine here and I never had any disappointments. I always order their sweet and sour lapu-lapu (i forgot the exact name on their menu) and I always love how they prepare and it is sooo good. The serving is really generous so if you are on a budget your family of four can only have this as main course.

This is one of my favorite so expect me to be here when I crave Chinese.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cebu City, Philippines
“Classic Chinese at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Food is simply taste excellent. Food is served hot and fast. Service is also very good. The crispy noodles with seafood is addicting. Their patatim is something that shouldn't be missed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rome, Italy
“Generous Hong Kong-style servings, efficient service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I don't know what the other reviewers are talking about, this restaurant is the opposite of expensive! Dimsum were ~ PHP 80-90 and the main dishes were between the range of ~ PHP 100-200. This isn't "fast food", this is a traditional Chinese sit down dinner complete with the spinning round tray in the middle so yes, not expensive at all.

We ate as a huge family so we got to try so many dishes! Some of the most memorable are the two-egg veggie dish (can't remember the exact name, but it was delicious), black chicken and lotus root soup, yang chow fried rice and sweet and sour pork (of course), the crispy seafood rolls, spareribs, and the dimsum— hakaw, taro puffs, radish cakes, mmmm! Yes, we ate a lot. I'm sure I've forgotten half the things we ate. The plates were too small to accommodate everything I wanted to put on them. Chinese diet strategy? Who knows.

Long story short, everything was delicious. And when you go, do try the mango creme mochi balls for dessert. If we had known they would be so yummy we would've ordered more.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
philippines
“expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The food is generally good, small servings. Had live lapulapu and steamed shrimp. The shrimp was good, the lapulapu was prepared thai style and part of the fish served as soup. Very good but very expensive. The beef, and the hakaw were exceptional. The veggies were average. The tables and chairs are cramped, my elbow kept on bumping on my son's elbow. They squeezed as many chairs with the other tables as well, and the space between tables are also tight.

I find their prices jusf like eating at tin gow resto in waterfront. Food is served much faster here than tin gow, choi, or ching palace. Luys is better than lai garden in terms of taste and cleanliness, but loses out bcause of serving size and price.

• Visited March 2013