“My first time in Cebu” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 65 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Yokohama, Japan
“My first time in Cebu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Kinda busy for my prospect client. I have landed in Cebu. I also want a hotel with a chapel I can talk to God. I landed in this very fine hotel. It is not just a hotel but with a solemn and solitude for the one who wants to meditate.
The staff especially the housekeeping are very cooperating in our needs. like towel and bed sheets.
when I go to Cebu I always be reminded the way they treat me. The center Suites. The best

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

The Center Suites is one of the few hotels in Cebu that offers spacious and greatly furnished rooms with decent prices. The bedrooms were very clean and decently spaced, giving a very cozy and homey feel. The bathrooms were comfortable and easy to move around in. The entire hotel was very clean. The staff were very friendly and courteous from the moment you step in, and their charismatic and warm personalities definitely help improve the overall atmosphere the hotel gives. It also catered to immaterial needs with its chapel, which was very well kept and maintained. This hotel is definitely one to worth returning to if you ever find yourself in Cebu!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Been busy, just found time to share about my stay at The Center Suites - Cebu. We were greeted by smiling staff as we arrived. They were very pleasant, friendly and courteous. The rooms are big enough, very clean and cozy. The shower room is comfortable enough. The hallways are very clean. It is comfortable for us because it is near the universities we visited in the City. The chapel is also very nice. A very comfortable place to take a rest and relax after a grueling day. The room rates are very affordable.
Location is convenient although far from air port, but easy to find a taxiride. We will see you again 'THE CENTER SUITES - CEBU" on our next visit to Cebu. Thank you for the nice accommodation and the friendly smiles.
Though I have stayed in other hotels in Cebu, i can recommend here having good value.
Stayed March 2014 with family, when my daughter took the college entrance exam in USC and CDU.

Room Tip: book one month or more before your scheduled trip.....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I strongly recommend The Center Suites if you want a hotel that is accessible going to the malls. Price is very reasonable considering the quality of service and security. The owners are very accommodating to their guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cavite City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Booked this hotel for Sinulog. Rooms are very small, kinda pricey for what you would get because all of the hotels were already booked during this season. Small restroom I really don't know how I fit in haha. People were very helpful, great smiles and assistance.

If you're gonna be visiting for Sinulog it much better to booked a hotel at least 5 months before the festival. I guess there are more better hotels than this.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed for the Sinulog festival. The room very tight, but we didn't see that as a problem because we only went back to the hotel to sleep. It was perfect for sleeping - good room temperature, comfortable beds. The bathroom was tiny, and the water coming out of the shower head smelled funny. Wouldn't have minded the discomfort in the room had the hotel staff been more friendly towards us. Admittedly, we had a sneak-in, but finally told them and paid for the extra charges, but they were always still extra suspicious towards us.

On our last night, after we'd settled the bill and checked out, the hotel stopped me from leaving. My entire group went ahead since they had earlier flights than me. I didn't understand why, but they told me it was because I didn't return the key to room 207. It didn't make sense still because I was registered under room 215 while my other friends were in 207. I tried helping them out by searching 207, but it wasn't there. I had done what I could but even still they didn't let me out. They were charging me P500 for the key, but I refused to pay because it wasn't my responsibility and I needed that money to pay for a cab to the airport. I told them to contact my friends who were in that room, but they insisted I be the one to pay. I kept telling them I had a flight to catch, but they said I wasn't allowed to leave unless I surrendered that key or paid. I started freaking out because they really didn't want to let me go and I was going to miss my flight home. It came to a point where the guard physically blocked me with his arm. I got agitated, slammed a door, causing it to shatter. I know I was wrong in doing that, and I would take it back if i could. But even I'm so appalled at how fussy they were over a silly little key that I wasn't responsible for.

The hotel staff really gave me a lot of stress and didn't make me feel at all welcome or safe. Not worth the "cheap" rooms.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

stayed just one night. While the room seemed clean enough, there were mosquitoes and possibly other insects that bit us while we were sleeping, even under blankets. Did kill one mosquito the following morning. No wifi while we were there. They said it was being upgraded or something. Staff was ok, though most of the time they seem suspicious but I guess it's for security reason. No hot water on our floor level as the dispenser was either turned off or out of order so we had to get it from the second floor. Later in the afternoon, there was no water in both dispensers anymore, hot or cold.
Though it was near Ayala mall, you have to walk quite a bit and be familiar with the area, as the hotel is not so visible since it's not on the main road unlike tunes hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Center Suites? Share your experiences!