“This budget hotel... :(” 2 of 5 stars

Express Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M.J. Cuenco | Mabolo, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #40 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Paranaque, Philippines
“This budget hotel... :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I visited Cebu from November 23 - 26. I stayed overnight in this hotel overnight from the 25th till the following day.

Upon check in, I was impressed since the lobby was small but was very clean. They were all smiles. My partner and I were tired since we came from buying pasalubong. They told us that 980 included accomodation and buffet for the next day. I got super excited since for 980 it included accomodations for 2 with buffet.

We went up and the room was ready except that there were no towels, so I requested for 2.

Tge following day, we still did not get the towels I requested. Moreso, breakfast was not buffet instead continental which included eggs, bread and a choice of coffee or juice. So I went to the reception and asked why there is no buffet, they said that they did not have buffet since Nov 1.

I asked for the manager and I had to wait 30 minutes for the manager to talk to me. The receptionist insisted that she was the OIC and she cant do anything about it. After sometime, the manager talked to me and she saw how frustrates I was and disappointed. My point was, if you tell/promise something to your customer... DO IT. She said she's gonna do something, but upon following up, front desk said she left.

We left the hotel frustrated and super disappointed. You can try their service and end up feeling the.same way. :(

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
silay city, negros occidental
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

our friend book us in express inn,cebu by the internel. when we arrived to check in , the front desk informed us that we have a reservation but the rates was higher. we cancelled our reservation, started our trip horrible by looking for another place to stay. arnet

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Express Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Express Inn

Address: M.J. Cuenco | Mabolo, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Visayas > Cebu Island > Cebu City
Ranked #40 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Hotel Class:3 star — Express Inn 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Express Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Express Inn Cebu Island/Cebu City

If you own or manage Express Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.