“Great find hole in the wall restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Filipino
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
philippines
“Great find hole in the wall restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place can be accessed through a small driveway entrance from the main road of archbishop reyes. A hole in the wall is a restaurant that is off the beaten path, or not obvious from the main thoroughfares. As you go through the small driveway, you will see a small 1 storey bungalow structure type. The inside area has a seating capacity of around 40 people. The outside can hold maybe 20. This is slowly becoming popular because I was strongly advised by them to make reservations for weekend dinners as they really get full. I was there on a Sunday. Since I went there at 6pm, I was still accomodated inside as the reservations were all at 7pm. True enough, by 630pm, a waiting line started to build up outside. Wow! We left at 7pm as I promised them as the table they gave me was also part of the 7pm reservation. By then, the whole place was full packed, and with people still waiting.

The food are mostly sizzling dishes. My family ordered beef, pork, chicken, and a crispy pata. All were quite good. The serving comes with unlimited rice, and gravy. Their gravy is slightly on the peppery side, but it wasn't too strong that my kids enjoyed the gravy. I saw someone order a big bowl of soup and I asked what it was, it was pochero or bulalo. I should try that next time. Service was quite good, and the staff were smiling and attentive.

Pricewise, it is cheap for cebu standards. Depending on your appetite, it can range to slightly over 100 pesos per person, or for the hungry group, over 200 pesos per person only.

• Visited August 2012