“Very trendy hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Henry Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Henry Hotel to your Saves list
The Henry Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   One Paseo, Paseo Saturnino | Maria Luisa Road, Banilad, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Extra Suite Deal!
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very trendy hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Henry hotel makes you smile! The hotel feels very fresh and the staff is extremely professional and service oriented. We got a free upgrade to a larger room which was appreciated. We stayed at different hotels during our time in Cebu City, and I think that The Henry hotel had by far the Best Deal. The hotel has very good prizes!

Rooms are incredibly large, comfy bed, huge bathroom and many TV channels. The prices in the mini bar is pretty low, but the range could be a little wider. The hotel is near several restaurants, and beauty salons. We had an awsome night at the bar next door. where we met many local residents who showed us around the city's nightlife.

There is also a nice pool in the courtyard where we were trying to sunbathe, but there was no sun by the sun loungers, so we lay down on the edge of the pool, which worked fine. Asians do not want to lie in the sun as we Swedes do. So there is an explanation for why the sun loungers are in the shade.

I will stay here next time I visit Cebu, After I made the reservation I found out that they had really good deals on accommodation and dining at their website, I will book it next time. The only thing that could be improved is the breakfast, which in my opinion was boring.

I will be back next time i visit Cebu!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking to time to share with the millions of on- line visitors to Tripadvisor how your stay has been in The Henry as compared to other hotels you've been to in Cebu City because our hotel simply offered you the best deal. It's nice to know too that our hotel made you SMILE because of our professional and service oriented staff as you so generously put it. We welcome your feedback and suggestions and be assured that they will be appropriately acted upon. The whole team looks forward to The Henry..Like No Other. Thank you so much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Effort is made to be a bit different and creative, which is appreciated. There is an 'art galery' adjoining the bar on second floor, which didn't have anything particularly impressive, but it has potential, could be a really cool place if they have the right kind of events there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for noticing and appreciating the hotel's creativity and unique self. Your feedback is paramount to us and we are constantly looking for ways to make each and every area of the hotel equally interesting to attract more guests and activities. One undertaking we have at present is an ongoing improvement of the front driveway which upon completion will not only level up our service but create another eye candy experience for our guests. We look forward to your next visit to The Henry... Like No Other. Thank you very much.
Alona beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

There is no better place in Cebu. It has everything European hotel chains don't - the heart. Every room of this hotel is different. I have stayed in Merylin Monroe room and in the Yacht room. One is better then the other. The lights are so orange and cosy, the bed was soft like a cloud. The rooms were huge enough to practice yoga. And bathrooms were constructed so that you could watch TV in the living room:)
There were a lot a little notes that were very personal and always made me smile. Unique place. Best value. I hope it doesn't get too expensive :)
The staff was amazing - very stylish, always smiling, sincere, helping on each occasion. Great job!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such inspiring review and for pointing out most of the strengths of The Henry, Like No Other. The whole teamis moved by your appreciation not only of the unique features and qualities of the rooms but also of the hospitality of the staff. We look forward to having you back. Thank you very much.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was traveling with friends and we booked this place after hearing all the positive comments. Thankfully, the hotel delivered on our expectations. We were drawn to the industrial chic set-up at the lobby and were satisfied with the spacious rooms which were tastefully decorated. The beds were really comfortable and I had a good sleep.

On the minus side, the toilets could do with a bit more privacy as it was easy for someone at the front door to see what is going on inside the toilet, which led to a few awkward incidences in one of our rooms, though we understood that the toilets were without doors at the time of booking. The reception was initially rather frosty during check in but fortunately, they warmed up to us eventually

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review particularly on the industrial chic lobby set up, comfortable beds as well as the decor of our spacious rooms. We are inspired knowing that you have considered the positive reviews about The Henry.. Like No Other as basis in choosing your hotel and that we delivered your expectations. We have taken note of your feedback and i would like to assure you that they are being carefully and thoughtfully addressed. Meantime, we look forward to having you once again as our guest on your next travel to Cebu City. Thank you very much.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is fantastic and more than met my expectation. I was traveling with my step dad who is into artsy stuff and the hotel did not fail to impress.
We were upgraded to a "bigger room" but I was not able to see the "smaller" room I suppose I booked so I could not tell the difference. Although I saw that they have much bigger rooms because I had friends staying in three other rooms of different sizes. Their rooms were much bigger than most hotel suites I've been to. Bed was nice. Too soft for my type. I'm kind of used to a firmer bed.
My brother who works in the city dropped by a few times and they don't mind having an extra person sleeping in the room (which was for two). They did not charge us. Anyway, most hotels in the Philippines are considerate about this matter, unlike those in Hong Kong and China.

My only problem was they close the pool way too early, which is crazy considering that most people are out in the city the whole day. So what's the use of your pool?

Also, the door on my room, last to the right on the fifth(?) floor, keeps on sounding the alarm. Yes. Their doors have alarm. It sounds off when you don't shut it good enough. But the door just keeps on not shutting good enough even with some force.
The first time it alarmed, I was a bit shocked that I dropped my iPhone to their super hard floor. Screen cracked. They got to have the hardest floor around. Just be careful with your breakables and that won't be a problem.

I'm not rating the fitness center because I did not know it exists. The spa is actually another establishment within the area, right next building.

Room Tip: Choose any room. They're all good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Guest satisfaction is our highest goal and i am happy to know that we have your met your expectations. My heartfelt apologies that you were not able to enjoy our pool. Although it closes at 7pm nightly, we are glad to let our guests use it upon request. Let me take the lead to reiterate this with our team. Sorry to learn of your Iphone.Our engineering team is currently observing the door and make adjustment whenever appropriate. Once again, thank you very much for choosing our hotel and we the whole team look forward to your return.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was recently there on a company trip, sharing a room with two colleagues. The lack of bathroom doors was really awkward and seems like a sign of designers gone wild without regard for practicality. I think even couples (some at least!) would have a problem with the lack of privacy. We ended up using the toilet in the lobby, which is kind of ridiculous considering the hotel's standards. The breakfast was also quite unexceptional (and the service very slow), so I wouldn't particularly recommend the hotel's restaurant.

Room Tip: Make sure your room at least has the (not optimal, but better than nothing) see-through glass doors!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the inconvenience of using the lobby toilet instead of enjoying the comfort of your own bathroom due to absence of a door. We also regret that breakfast and service were below your expectation. Please be assured that we value your feedback and we will seriously look into the issues you presented herein. Nonetheless, i look forward to your return, regain your confidence and offer you The Henry-fied experience....Like No Other. Thank you very much.
Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

“An urban boutique hotel that surprisingly showcase its character through its exquisite design and offers comfort and convenience at a very reasonable price”, that is how I would describe my overall experience at “The Henry” in Cebu.”

Full review here: http://trackingtreasure.net/2013/07/the-henry-setting-new-standards-in-hospitality-and-service-management-cebu/

Genuine hospitality, an art gallery, a great value for your money, all of this only at The Henry.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and lovely!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review that highlighted the unique character, exquisite design, great value for money, guest comfort and genuine hospitality - the kind of experience our guests can look forward to at The Henry... Like No Other. I look forward to having you back in the near future. Thank you very much.

Been to The Henry Hotel? Share your experiences!