“Great different hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Henry Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Henry Hotel to your Saves list
The Henry Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   One Paseo, Paseo Saturnino | Maria Luisa Road, Banilad, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Great different hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am a big fan of the Henry hotel .... love the room so diffrent from other hotels
nice clean big room modern and boutique
staff friendly and kind
small but nice garden and swimming pool
a few bars near by but not noise in the rooms

Room Tip: the XL rooms are worth the money if you like plenty of space
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful review. In particular, we are pleased that you find our hotel different from the rest which simply resonates our hotel logo "The Henry... Like No Other". We look forward to your future visits. All the best.

Mirro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Recently my friend and I stayed in Henry. We were completely blown away with their service and friendly hospitality. The simple room was huge. We were completely awed by the room interior design and kept on saying whoever built this hotel was a genius. The lift buttons were touch screen. They have a bar on the 2nd floor called scrapyard which was also designer made. The whole hotel was actually an art gallery. Amazing!! Just beside the hotel they had an amazing italian restuarant called Pizza Michaelangilo. They had amazing pastas to die for. and of coz a popular spa. The only set back was that the hotel was a little bit further from the city. But we will still come back here. We would personally like to thank Han, Stef, Trepon and Mogot. Kudos you guys. Thank you for all your help.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I am happy to know that my team met your expectation in terms of service and hospitality. I am also glad that the artistry in your room and the facilities of the hotel were to your satisfaction. We look forward to having you once again as our guest in the future.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you will be visiting Cebu just for a daytour or business meeting. This hotel is perfect for you since the hotel is a tourist attraction in itself. The staffs are friendly, the location is 10 minutes away from Ayala IT Park and best of all, the hotel also offers good rates. visit my complete review here - http://outoftownblog.com/the-henry-hotel/

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for highlighting reasons why I would say our guests keep returning to The Henry and why would be first time guests should consider staying in our hotel when in Cebu. All the best.

Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Excellent service. High value for money. Linens, towels and everything are clean. Spacious rooms. Malls, restaurants and supermarkets nearby, just walking distance. Each room has a unique design, learned how to appreciate art. Highly recommended. Will probably stay here every time I visit Cebu :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your appreciation of our hotel through your review. The entire team shall look forward to your future visits in The Henry.

Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights when visiting Cebu, i have stayed in many hotels there on previous trips and this is by far the best value for money.
Staff are friendly and helpful, food and drinks reasonably priced and facilities well maintained.
Location is not the best but anywhere you stay in Cebu you generally need taxis to get around. Taxis are also convenient and cheap.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to know that our hotel has topped your list in terms of value for money and that you were satisfied with our services, food and facilities. We look forward to having you once again as our guest in the near future. All the best.

manila philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's one of the few hotels which made me exclaim "My god this place!" on several occasions. Sorry, I didn't help it.

I know it's the onset of the rainy season and for somebody like me who dreads turbulence on a plane ride, flying to Cebu alone seemed like a bad idea.For some weird reason, I felt like Cebu (having been there several times) couldn't excite me anymore. I was wrong yet again.After this solo trip, I have seen Cebu with fresh eyes. My accommodation in Cebu City, The Henry Hotel in Banilad changed that mood.

To say that The HENRY HOTEL CEBU is like no other could actually be an understatement. It is on a league of its own.It's a visual feast,even to somebody like me who is not good with art.This place is a thing of beauty.I see it as a celebration of the beautiful things in life.

I was excited to go around and check the place.The lobby of course is an eye candy but it doesn't end there. I would like to mention by the way that the lobby reminds me so much of Lub d Bangkok, the backpackers hotel where we stayed last May. Same feel but The HENRY of course is the more high end version.Will link it here as soon as I got it reviewed.

Even the corridors and common areas are really spacious.This is a place where you feel your soul can breath.

An eye-candy during the day, the place transforms into a romantic space at night. The one(s) who designed the place also put into context the importance of light in highlighting key areas and therefore enhancing the appeal of the hotel. I also noticed that most of the lights used are EFL. Energy efficient, environmentally friendly.As friendly as this place is to the senses.

The Henry is one of the country’s first design-driven hotels.

I am not sure if "affordable" is how they want to market the place but you could experience this beauty at an affordable price indeed.Try Agoda.com and you will be surprised that you can get a BIG Room for as low as $46 on off-peak season.Talk about best value for your money!

The staff were nothing but friendly.For 3d/2n of stay,I have nothing but love for the care the staff has extended to me.Genuine Cebuano hospitality as I call it. Cebuanos are know to be "malambing" (sweet). The ones at the front desk helped me in going around and suggesting places to dine.I was new in the area of Banilad but I was confident of not being lost or anything because of the assistance I was given.

The Henry is a small hotel with only 5 floors.Despite that, they didn't compromise space just to put up as many rooms as possible.No corporate greed here. They are very generous at space that rooms are really BIG. There are four (4) room types ----Big,Large, XL and XL. I stayed in a Big room and I was surprised at how spacious it is.And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I was wow-ed when I saw the other rooms.BIG spaces that are work of art.

The restaurant--RICA's-- is a darling.Situated at the ground floor next to the reception area, it is consistent with the artistic feel of the HENRY.This is where breakfast is served for in-house guest.The ala carte menu was rather simple with a few set meals in the list but they do know how to put new meaning to Continental or Filipino breakfast.

There is also a funky pub at the 2nd floor if you feel like partying or enjoying beer/cocktails.This is very popular to locals and expats and I noticed that the crowd is chick ---mostly young adults and urban professionals.A very good place to socialize with the locals of Cebu.

For a more intimate setup, go to the poolside at night where there is nothing but quiet intimate moments (unless there is an event coz the poolside is famous for social events as well.)

To say The HENRY HOTEL Cebu is "Like No Other" might indeed be an understatement. It is exceptional! It is to date, the best Hotel I tried in this price range.All hotels in the Philippines should strive to be this beautiful.It definitely sets the bar very high but we Filipinos deserve one of this caliber.I shall see you again The HENRY HOTEL!

Dear Guest,

Your review meant so much to us and thank you for putting every word thoughtfully. I am positive that this review shall give The Henry the upperhand in being hotel of choice of future visitors of Cebu within the global travel community. The whole team is driven not only to satisfy each and every guest but to offer them a stay experience.........like no other! Our pleasure to have served you.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I think the only thing that really needs to be said is that you would be crazy if you are in Cebu and did not choose to stay here. Everything about the Henry is amazing, staff, rooms, decor, service, etc. i think you get the point. Some may complain about the location, but personally I think the Banilad area of Cebu is much more enjoyable than the downtown area. Easily one of the nicest and most laid back boutique hotels I have stayed at, especially for the price.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

The whole team wish to thank you for staying at The Henry. We are truly elated with your review and there is nothing else that interests us other than being of service to you again in the near future. Looking forward.

Mirro

Been to The Henry Hotel? Share your experiences!