“A good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

You added Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City 6000, Philippines (Formerly Waterfront Cebu City Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Cebu City
Cebu City, Philippines
“A good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed in Waterfront last week in Room 1512. They are offering now a promo for just 3600 good for an overnight stay for 2 pax with buffet breakfast. The room amenities are still the same from the last time i checked-in 3 years ago. The room is nice and clean, A/C works good, their TV upgraded to smart flat screen TV which is a plus point, the bathroom is clean, WI-FI access is fast even in the pool area. Their pool is nice too and you can't even smell the chlorine in the water. Pool attendants are very hospitable and even their receptionists are accommodating. Buffet breakfast is superb at UNO.
One of the best hotel in Cebu City.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Every time we go to Cebu, Waterfront Lahug is the first hotel that comes to our mind because of the homey feel of their room and their sumptuous breakfast. However, this time, it was different. When we arrived at the hotel, we were impressed because of their newly constructed lobby. It has a more luxurious feel. Checking in was a breeze, the bell man helped us with our luggage but it seems like he was just forced to do it and didn't even bother to smile and when we arrived in our room, we were in shock. The room is very very old and musty. I mean, they still have the old TV. Because we can't bear with the room, we decided to have a room upgrade. I tried to call the front desk, but no one's answering, so we had to go down. Rates were shown to us and we decided to the ambassador room by adding approximately $98, hoping that the room would be better. The room itself is not that impressive. Again, ancient and musty. Difference is that the TV is flat screen, and we were expecting the bathroom to be bigger, but no, it has the same size with our original room. Regarding their TV, I don't know if the remote is the problem or their cable box because it has been hard for us switching channels. With the ambassador room, we were given full access to the ambassador club which has overflowing drinks all day and cocktails from 5-7pm. We tried to have cocktails on our 1st night and nothing was served because we were the only ones occupying that floor. We were then asked what we wanted to have and we were given a "complimentary dinner." A pizza and a plate of pasta. It was okay, and the guy who was serving is really nice. However, the next day, we decided to have cocktails again but there's nobody there in the club area. Very disappointing.

With their breakfast spread, comparing our experience before, they had more choices back then than now. The hot chocolate that we loved was also different. But their service is quite okay compared before.

I guess this hotel focused too much attention on their lobby than their rooms. They should refurnish their rooms because it is really outdated. And before, in taking cabs, it would be right outside the lobby, but now, you have to go down to the lower lobby to take a cab, which is a very long walk. Indeed, I am very disappointed.

The only great thing about this hotel is their location. It's quite near Ayala Center Cebu, and it usually costs P50 for a cab ride. It is also near IT Park which has a lot of restaurants.

Overall, I am not impressed with this hotel. And I will definitely not go back here for future stays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

i always stay here everytime i vacay to cebu. the rooms are now a bit outdated and needs renovation IMHO. the casino was undergoing construction so maybe some renovation is already underway. the front desk staff were very friendly and so are the greeters/guards at the front lobby. the duty free shop is very convenient. the only bad experience was guard at the lower floor. he's somewhat of an idiot or maybe hotel management told him not to allow certain things to be brought in the hotel in a plastic bag. how could he not allow a guest to bring local foods like dried mango to his room. yes, i like dried mangoes and so does my family in the states and they wanted me to bring some back to the states. idiot. i was pissed. needless to say, i ignored his dumb act in trying to stop me from bringing local food for which they (cebuanos) should be proud of. wtf was he going to do, tackle me? if this is hotel management's policy, shame on you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cebu Island, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Location wise it is very convenient if you are in the City of Cebu and want to shop and go around town. But if you want to go the beach side of Cebu island like Mactan I would not stay here since it is 45 minutes to an hour away.
Rooms are OK depending where the front desk decides to put you. They have rooms on the left which is poor and old school looking old Box TV, and smelly carpet. On the other hand, the rooms on the right, close to the breakfast buffet area are way better with a flat screen TV, tub, new beds.
The breakfast buffet is another story. Definitely why you pay a lot for their rooms bec they have free breakfast with a wide array of choices. From donuts, ensaymada, bacon, salad, congee, cold cuts, omelette, etc. A big hearty breakfast! Happy tummy!

Room Tip: Guests have free gym pass and free breakfast. My tip is to try their classes at the gym and wake u...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel has a huge convention hall; that's the main reason why I got a free two-night stay here. I attended a company sponsored convention then and a huge number of dealers and many company employees were billeted in this city hotel. I think it is just a 3-star hotel, inspite of its facilities - huge ballroom, spa, gym, swimming pool, restaurants, and casino. The hotel is old and is not well maintained. I pity the facilities - like the ballroom, their toilets, our bedroom, and the swimming pool. They are not that clean maybe due to lack of personnel assigned to clean these places. What made us happy was the buffet breakfast and the lunch served during our convention; they were palatable enough.
Based on the expense paid by the company during that big event, Waterfront Cebu gave us good value for our money. However, Management has to do a major renovation on their rooms, the ballroom, and the swimming pool. I also observed that security is lax. We heard from one of the dealers that her handbag was pick-pocketed right in the lobby of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Berlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for 5 days . great breakfast buffets, , great facilities , swimming pool avarage, casino is a negative point for the hotel because there are a lot of gambler who have access into the hotel . it is very easy for a thief to come inside and look for belongings of guests who are busy with checking out or checking in. my beltbag was stolen and the hotel staff found the thief but told me they wouldn't be able to find him. they told me that i have forget my beltbag...
there are a lot of cheaper hotels in the city ,,,,, this hotel isn't a " must to stay at"

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Suisun City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Old hotel and needs an update... Stayed here last Feb 2011, used my United miles. It was ok but definitely won't stay here again. My wife and I were still dating when we stayed here and it was a surprise that Fra Lippo Lippi (band) was having a concert here so we ended up seeing it as well. Not really part of my review but that gave it a plus. Food selection was very good though, I enjoyed the food but not my room. Free breakfast was a plus other than that, its a 3/5. Nothing extravagant. Stay somewhere else in my opinion. Oh, and the pool kinda sucks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LaraNaomi, Public Relations Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Marckypolo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We would also like to extend our gratitude for your compliments on our food selection. Our chefs do their utmost to deliver quality dishes and your positive comments will be much appreciated.

We value the opinions of our guests and regret that we did not meet your expectations. We do hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Been to Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!