“Great hotel in Cebu” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City 6000, Philippines (Formerly Waterfront Cebu City Hotel)   |
Ranked #19 of 75 hotels in Cebu City
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel in Cebu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Waterfront over the New Year, the room was great and had a very comfortable King Size Bed. The location is great and a quick taxi ride to anywhere in the city. The Buffet offered and variety of food available for breakfast and lunch is definitely a highlight. The Staff are definitely what make this hotel, everyone is friendly and accommodating and always happy to assist, especially the assistant sales manager Joseph, before & during our stay he was very professional, helpful & very accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Be aware that the hotel is currently being renovated. The entire mezzanine level is closed. The only reason we chose to stay there was Sally's Piano Bar on the mezzanine (now closed). They made no mention of this while booking the room and only found out about it when we attempted to go to the bar on our first night. The also charged 1000 Php over the amount quoted when making the reservation. They claim that we made the reservation with a "Brian" who quoted the rate. I never spoke with a Brian, in fact I only spoke with a woman.

The rooms are overpriced, the Italian restaurant SUCKS, and the buffet is also over priced and very average.

When I stayed here 5 years ago I was double billed.

These people are arrogant thieves and this overpriced dump should be avoided at all costs.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY, there are much better hotels in Cebu.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Pls. beware as Waterfront hotel Lahug Cebu will try and rip you off and cause some hassle when you disagree to pay. We checked in the hotel suites for our Wedding preparations. When we returned at night after the wedding, we found a note in our room informing us that we will be charged an enormous fee for damages found on the carpet of our other room. We immediately called housekeeping to check it out. Upon checking it was a small dark spot on the carpet and we wondered how it happened when all the guys did was sleep in the room and just change for the event. The hotel told us it was probably caused by an iron that was left but we never did use an iron since all the clothes was pressed before we brought it to the hotel. They told us to write a letter to appeal our case since they insisted we need to pay. All these happened in the wee hours of the morning after a long tiring day from our wedding. Instead of going back to the hotel to rest and relax, which is why we checked-in for 2 nights, we really had a very bad experience of the hotel trying to rip us off and accusing us of something we never did. There was not even any due process of investigation and giving us the benefit of the doubt. Waterfront Hotel just immediately charged us. We couldn't sleep because of bad mood. Luckily for us when we were reviewing the photos of the wedding, we found a photo we took when we first entered the room and there was a photo of the same spot. We found out that the burned spot was already there even before we checked in to the room. And we remembered that upon checked-in, we requested the 2nd suite to be near the bridal suite for convenience and the hotel told us that there is a room that they blocked and will have to checked if it can be released. We wonder if the reason they blocked it was bec. of the damage and they released it to us thinking they can pass on the blame to the next guest? It was really a hassle checking out the next morning as they made us wait for a very long time. Even though we had evidence that we did not damage the carpet, they still made us wait. Not only that, they also charged 2 hangers, 2,000 pesos each. We asked them to check on the 2nd room as we could have just moved it there. It was there alright but how can they charge it right away without checking? Pls. check the room conditions and count all items first before you can enjoy the hotel as this hotel has really bad service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel like what most reviewers mentioned is in need for some major upgrading works. It is very run down. The staff is friendly, polite and helpful. The nearby IT park is a letdown and not very lively. The complimentary shuttle service to the major shopping mall is a nice touch by the hotel though. Appreciate that very much.

Pickup from the airport to the hotel via the hotel shuttle is 700 pesos. If one takes the yellow airport taxi, its 500 pesos. If one crosses a short road, there are white taxis around. Cost 200 pesos. I find all this very disconcerting.

Similarly, if you take the taxi from the hotel front door, it will cost 400 to 500 pesos. I walked 100 m away from the entrance, take the white taxi and it cost me 200 pesos!

Finally I have been to many cities and to date all have departure taxes already factored in the ticket prices. But at Cebu airport, be prepared to fork out 550 pesos per person. They call it Terminal Fee!

So keep some pesos!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sagay City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I checked into this hotel back in July 2012. I have had a lot of experiences with a lot of other hotels after this. Compared to other high-end hotels in Cebu, it doesn't fare well. Good view of the city and room was updated. Not a lot of bathroom amenities though. However, it's not pricey as the other hotels.
I think I will be back here just to experience it again and I'll probably try to book a bigger room.
If you're a gambler, then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I spent 5 days at the hotel with my family. Good and wonderful services they provided. Feel like home. The food is fantastic. The staffs treat my children like their, take care of them , hold their hand and teach them how to speak Philippine language. I need to "run" or else my children will turn into pinoy. ;-) Fast internet surfing speed in the hotel, clean, smiling faces wherever you go. A big duty free shop at the lobby and a tremendous casino. A safe hotel where the security is very good and they come with a guard dog at the main entrance of the hotel. The hotel is also very near to IT Park whereby you might wish to spend a few night drinking there. From hotel took a taxi to SM Mall and Ayala Mall ....10 to 15 minutes.

Before I left, I thrown this word at the staffs ........."I'll be back"

• Stayed November 2012
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I booked the newly renovated "Premium" rooms which were very spacious and nice, but I specifically requested a non-smoking room and lo and behold when I got to the room it smelled of smoke! I went to the front desk to ask for a change of room however they informed me that all rooms in the category I booked are located on smoking floors. They should really warn people about that, they didn't even offer any alternative or apology, they just stated things in a very matter-of-fact attitude.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!