“there is worth the price, Good.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu

You added Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu to your Saves list
Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gorrordo Avenue corner Escario Street, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #42 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Guri, South Korea
“there is worth the price, Good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

there is small park, small lobby, but room is no problem. I think this hotel is worth cost. If you want to enjoy more service, there is misbecame. If you want to stay with inexpensive cost, I'll recommend there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cebu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Golden Peak has been around for ages...I'm not sure which is older, the hotel or the management s style or the bed linens. I think you might see where I am going with my review, but to be fair, the hotel has tried to keep up....but still no WiFi in the rooms, TV while it has satellite programming, is still 15 years old and lost it's brightness. There is a business center if you can call it that ...2 odd working PCs, a lady who will do copies, when she is not off running personal errands or a favor for the manager. Closes at 5 sharp no exceptions.."there,s an internet Cafe around the corner, sir, .as she looks up from her cell phone ever so briefly. Well on to the rooms...prices range form P2200 to P4700 or more A NIGHT...not a week, P4700 a NIGHT! Move over Shangra-la!. Well, hey they do have a 3 level parking spaces for those of you who fly to Cebu with your car ! I mean there are normal things like the restaurant with the same old tired menu, the cityscape view (squatter villa) , the low currency rate exchange window, and a constant flow of horn honking taxis passing your window. The place is fairly clean if you do not look close at the corners. My room smelled a bit, (but not terribly strong) like roach spray. For the life of me I cannot imagine why anyone would come to Cebu, spend this kind of money on a Hotel room located in an area void of grass, trees, or beaches that Cebu has become known for. By the way we were there because a friend had a party in one of the conventions rooms. (we spent the night not wanting to travel home being drunk) the tables and plastic chairs we all covered in washed again white cloth. ah...Err...., 20 century chic, Cebu style, I guess.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Bacolod, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel for 2 nights since my fiancee was coming to visit, at the same time, they were having a special promo on their superior rooms for only P1000 per night. Before I decided to book this hotel, I (as I always do) checked tripadvisor first for feedback on this hotel, I noticed quite a lot of negatives, however I decided to book it anyway because of the distance from ayala and the promo. Upon our check in I noticed a few things that I am going to simplify by using my usual pro's and cons list (its up to you weather you consider it bad or good) but this is based on other hotels that I have stayed at, as well as my personal opinion.

PROS:

-Rates are cheap(promo or not)
-Room and Bed was big
-Superb location (in the middle of Gorordo and Escario intersection, which makes going to Mango avenue, SM, ayala or IT park very accessible
-Clean room
-They dont require incidental deposits
-Friendly front desk staff

CONS:

-Superior rooms dont have much of a view
-No complimentary water or coffee
-No Toothpaste or toothbrush included with the complimentary toiletries (just shampoo and soap)
-water temperature is either extremely hot or extremely cold
- a bit of wear and tear on the place (has seen better days)
-no safety deposit box
-requesting for extra pillow will require an extra charge
-no internal phone numbers listed in our room (in case you would like to dial the front desk, kitchen, room service or etc.)

and one thing that really made me upset was the fact that service here is a bit slow and unresponsive, not to mention unwilling for some of them, I noticed that the security guards or bellhops don's even attempt to offer their assistance in helping you with your luggage, they just stare at you or play dumb, checking out was slow as well, took them almost 20 minutes to check the room, one time I also noticed that when I went inside the lobby, almost all of the staff were there eating potato chips (from front desk to service personnel, you can hear the cracking and the munching from all directions, which made it awkward as well as disturbing for some, not to mention that it is unprofessional

in the end, verdict would be that i might consider staying here despite of these negativities due to the fact that they have a great location and low prices

Room Tip: if you would like to go to ayala, you can either hoof it since its just about a 5-7 minute walk, or...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We chose this hotel basically because of the cheap price compared with the other hotels in the area. It was a good thing we only booked there for a night since the hotel is quite old. It had its heydays which are long gone. The hotel does need refurbishing since it was quite dim in the lobby and the elevators are cramped. We were given a superior room whose bathroom needs a lot of improvement, sink and showers are not so clean and there are tiny, tiny cockroaches that crawl in at the sides of the sink. What's weird is the waterheater tank at the bottom of the sink. Lock for the CR door is also not working properly. In fact, my roommate was trapped inside and I had to help her struggle with the lock to make it budge and open up.

We also had other officemates who were given a room near the exit door and it appears as if they are not hotel guests but part of the hotel staff. The doorway leading to their room is stashed with mattresses and the cart for the used towels after the housekeeping is done. We think that they have lost their respectability as guests of the hotel.

It would be ok to stay in this hotel only if you are really short of funds to go the other better hotels. One good thing though about the hotel is the airport pick up anytime of the day which is good since we came in at almost midnight.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

If I had read some of the reviews before staying at this hotel I probably would not have stayed here. As it turned out,I stayed there for 3 days while on vacation and encountered no problems. My room was large with a very large bathroom. I had no problems with the staff and found them to be professional, cordial and friendly. The best thing I liked about this hotel was the location. It stands out over the other hotels because of its location on a hill and because of the building's color - Golden. I did alot of walking throughout the area and I always knew where I was by just looking for the hotel which I saw through my travels in the city. It is also located within walking distance to the Ayala Mall which had great shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors so you don't hear the traffic on the street.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Cebu Island, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I was going to say it is the worst but I see someone already wrote this.

This a unique hotel. There is no management. This is no joke. They keep changing and in the end, there is no one to follow up on basic complaints. The front desk managed by a loser that has no business dealing with people or customers. They ignore basic complaints about services in the hotel. Never a follow-up call on a reported problem. Wrong invoice (over with 20,000 ps) if you get one. Housekeeping from hell taking the bed sheets!! It is not good for your blood pressure.Avoid this disaster. They are on the way to being out of business.

Room Tip: Avoid it. find another hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Malapascua Island, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I moved to this hotel from my regular hotel because of on-going construction at the time. Further, I thought I would treat myself and take on their 4,500/night room.

HUGE MISTAKE!!!...At that price, I was expecting something comparable with the Marriott or the Marco Polo...Boy! Was I wrong.

The room I got was huge...but that was as good as it got. The hotel does not or did not appear to have a generator so when Cebu has one of its daily power black-outs, your stuck in the room with no facilities...so out you go until the power returns.

The air-con was leaking all over the floor; the mini bar was not stocked...the room stank because of the carpet; the whole place was in disarray. In short; this is the worst hotel I have ever experienced...it was shocking to say the least!

This place is disgusting and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy!!!

Room Tip: Try Castle Peak Hotel....
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu? Share your experiences!