We chose this hotel basically because of the cheap price compared with the other hotels in the area. It was a good thing we only booked there for a night since the hotel is quite old. It had its heydays which are long gone. The hotel does need refurbishing since it was quite dim in the lobby and the elevators are cramped. We were given a superior room whose bathroom needs a lot of improvement, sink and showers are not so clean and there are tiny, tiny cockroaches that crawl in at the sides of the sink. What's weird is the waterheater tank at the bottom of the sink. Lock for the CR door is also not working properly. In fact, my roommate was trapped inside and I had to help her struggle with the lock to make it budge and open up.
We also had other officemates who were given a room near the exit door and it appears as if they are not hotel guests but part of the hotel staff. The doorway leading to their room is stashed with mattresses and the cart for the used towels after the housekeeping is done. We think that they have lost their respectability as guests of the hotel.
It would be ok to stay in this hotel only if you are really short of funds to go the other better hotels. One good thing though about the hotel is the airport pick up anytime of the day which is good since we came in at almost midnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning business hotel in Cebu City, Philippines. The Golden Peak Hotel and Suites. Reserve online now and get instant confirmation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Peak Hotel And Suites Cebu
- Golden Peak Hotel Cebu City
- Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City