“Best Value ($35) mid range hotel in Cebu...Although bar manager very 2faced!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu

You added Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu to your Saves list
Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gorrordo Avenue corner Escario Street, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #42 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Perth, Australia
“Best Value ($35) mid range hotel in Cebu...Although bar manager very 2faced!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had a few days stay there while attending a wedding there.
it was quite strange as we were happy with the room and amenities, the food was good, but had problems with some of the staff, mainly being bar manager and the front porters.

great value for the large size of room, comfy soft mattress, decent size bathroom, great fried rice via room service that serves two,
Very professional front desk clerks, UNLIKE the bar/restaurant manager!
The restaurant manager was a complete idiot and hed zero interest in his job, which reflected in his attitude towards the local cebuano guests!
He was alll smiles around the foreigners and totally opposite towards the Locals!!!! especially my wife!
We never went back to the restaurant again after that, and made sure approx 85 guests never ate or drank there either...so, we catered our own "after party" at another hotel....spending at least 15,000php.

The "late night Security guards" were arrogant and unhelpful...prefering to finish their cigarettes, than to open a door for a pregnant lady! ! !

The dayshift guards were the opposite, being very helpful, and attentive.
Also, the Girl at the front desk was extremely efficient and friendly...

Room Tip: Always make sure you get a metered taxi, and dont falll for any bullshiiiit tricks like
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Pinas, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Golden Peak for three days and two nights for a conference. The hotel was not my personal choice since the host organizing committe was the one who booked us. I was surprised to note that in a quad sharing room, it only costs P1200 per night! Truly a bargain!

But I was surprised upon entering my room to see that the two beds were just divided into two, the 2 top matresses and the 2 lower portion foams will serve as the 4 beds! I really got what I paid for!

The outstanding quality of this hotel though is it's location. It is located along Escario street which is a main thoroughfare in the city making the hotel very taxi-friendly. It is also walking distance to the Ayala Center Cebu mall which is one of the major attractions of Cebu.

Breakfast is basic but excellent in taste! I especially love the sausages served every morning! Yummy! The food served during the conference was also very tasty and outstanding so kudos to its catering department!

With the advent of new hotels in Cebu, I think that this hotel will be my least priority when I come back, but if you are a budget traveller, this hotel should be on the top 5 of your list.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

In my 2 weeks of stay in this God-forsaken excuse for a hotel, I was transferred from one room to another a total of 5 times! The first room was okay but they had maintenance being done on the floor directly above me and so during the daytime all you hear is the sound of hammers pounding and drills drilling - NONSTOP!

I was transferred to another room with 3 beds and there was a small mouse who is incredibly intrepid - never scared of people! You can hear him rummage through the garbage cans while you're sleeping. He was so fearless, he climbed to bed on my blanket while I was watching TV! Really gross!

The staff are boisterous and unruly when they clean your room. They talk to one another in the vernacular and laugh hysterically. They even play tag in the hallways!

The rooms are okay but the carpet really stinks. The bedsheet are recycled and hardly washed. The buffet breakfast is so-so. In my 2 weeks stay, they changed the menu twice or 3x. Bland.

I will never go back to this hotel. Trust me. You've been warned!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
new zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

While the hotel is old and a need of refurbishment, I found the staff very helpful in every way.The hotel maids who clean the room each day were so good ,We give them a gift of 1000 pesos each,the security guards give us excellent service if we need taxi.We had a junior suite 1116 ,we enjoyed our stay and felt it was value for money.I would stay there again.The standard rooms we first look at we thought were a bit sub standard, but you only get what u pay for.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Helsinki. Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

The lobby was ok and the staff were eager to help but there was something wrong, you could tell. The hotel smelled really bad and our room was worn out and tired. Breakfast was unpleasant all though free. The only good thing was that it was close to the Ayala Shopping Center with decent restaurants and Starbucks! I'd rather not stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Tthe bad smell
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

the worse hotel ive ever seen, the lobby is ok but if you go to the hotel corridors on the upper floors, all were poorly maintained and the worst of it all is that the hotel smells like insecticide.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

The Hotel is showing signs of age and minimum maintenance.

Front of house service was reasonable,the rooms were dated and the first room we looked at we refused and upgraded.
This room was slightly bigger but in the whole scope of things not much better.
The place is in need of a renovation.

Its locality was also not suitable as it was not that close to the main part of town,although there was a fantastic shopping centre within 10 min walk,that catered for all our needs.

• Liked — Nothing really
  • Disliked — where do I start
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu? Share your experiences!