I did an overnight at the Marriott in Cebu for the start of a couple weeks of island hoping in the Philippines. It’s a Marriott, so the level of service is quite good. Very snappy and friendly staff who genuinely seemed interested in their guests (it was my first time in the Philippines and I later discovered that Filipino people are generally quite warm, gracious and friendly). The hotel itself is next to a very nice mall that has a ton of food options if you don’t want the hotel food (which, of course is overpriced anyway). The room itself was typical of Marriott and was very nicely appointed with a very comfy bed that had a lighting system which was actually nice in that you could make the lighting quite romantic to set that perfect mood. The only not so good thing was the bath/shower had an excruciatingly slow drain. After being in the shower for a min or two you were ankle deep in water. I called down and workers came up and only confirmed that yes, it was working, just incredibly slow. I didn’t worry about it as we were there for only one night, but hopefully it’s not like that in all the rooms. Also, they don't provide a free hotel shuttle, which is rather odd. They do however, have internet which was good and pretty fast.
Overall, if you’re going to Cebu City and want an upscale place to stay, then Marriott is basically you’re only real game in town, as there’s not a lot of choices in Cebu. In my opinion it’s very nice as it’s just spotlessly clean, elegant and true to Marriott’s name.
Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located within the city’s premier financial district - the Cebu Business Park, the Cebu City Marriott Hotel sits right next door to Ayala Mall where opportunities for great shopping and a vibrant nightlife await you. Near by are offices of top corporations, banking centers, an exclusive sports club, convention centers and the Asia Town IT Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Cebu City Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cebu City Hotel Cebu City
- Cebu City Marriott Hotel Cebu Island