“Clean and Comfy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Escario Central Hotel

You added Escario Central Hotel to your Saves list
Escario Central Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Escario Central, N. Escario St. | Camputhaw, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manila
“Clean and Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

One of the reason we chose Escario Central over the other hotels/BB in the area is because it is basically the newest in the area which basically means VERY CLEAN.

It didn't fail us...The hotel is very clean and well maintained although they could have had a bigger lobby. Our bed is very comfy and the room and comforter smells new. You could easily get to anypoint of Cebu from the hotel since it's near the main thoroughfare.

The staff are nice and even offered us a map/book containing all the must see places in Cebu City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Lakewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Escario Central Hotel is near Ayala Mall and Fuente Osmena Circle. The hotel is very clean and the staffs are very friendly. The hotel owner should give his employees extra pay.

There are restaurants, Zubuchon, McDonald's and 7-eleven outside the hotel. Oh yeah, they have hot showers too. Wi-fi needs improvement though. I guess that goes all over the Philippines. However, over all satisfaction I give them a 10.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. The orange rooms have bigger beds but they cost 1,800 pesos.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were happy with our choice. We were not mistaken. We had a good sleep after the chaotic schedule caused by the typhoon Quinta. We were stranded in Camotes Island and was not able to follow the itinerary. Staying here in this hotel for a night was already a relief. We were able to feel the real comfort under the fresh clean linen and blanket which brought us to deep slumber.

And going to the airport early in the morning was not a problem. We had the taxi ready made by the front desk officer. Breakfast could have been few meters away within the complex but at 6 a.m. the cafe/restaurant is not open.

Very much recommended to friends and to everybody. We will come back sometime when we will be in Cebu city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

A hotel that is manned by well mannered staff members, very polite and happy to help you whichever way they can. The room and sorroundings are clean and inviting. The only problem I had was the toilet.... not enough room to put my toiletries, but across the board, it's very good. It exceeds my expectation. I'm happy to come back and tell my friends to use this hotel. Thank you for making my stay feels like I'm home.

Kiwi
Brisbane

• Stayed November 2012
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were stucked by super typhoon bopha in Cebu,we didn't have reservation and need a safe place to avoid typhoon ,we just walked in and it looks new and strong,nothing unstable around,very lucky they have available room 1500p for red room 2 single beds,or 1800p for orange room 2 double beds. i checked later on the booking.com, the walkin price is near just 60% , that is very valuable.

The room is clean, has wifi in the room, 24h hot water,cable TV,aircon,2 bottles of water supplied each day. Iron, hair drier available upon request.

during typhoon landed,nothing to worry. I slept very well even heavy rain and strong wind during night. Just internet stoped maybe since outside lines destroyed

The stuffs are very kind,because we were going to bohol, but there was no ferry, they kept calling to ferry company and updated to me. after two days stay,typhoon went away but the ferry was tentative,they let me checked until 1pm ferry comfirmed return,also they called the ferry hotline. without their help , I don't know how long I will stuck there.

The location is good, besides taxi, there are many jeepneys running along the main road in front. Reception people will tell you how to take jeepneys, those will easy to know Cebu famous church , sm mall, port, carbon market etc.

They don't have their own restaurant but there are a lot just in front of the hotel. even in the storm, the 7-11 and Macdonalds are running 24h, we are never starving.

So that's an inexpensive and most valuable hotel we found in Cebu city.

Room Tip: choose rooms along reception side can avoid traffic noise of mainroad at night, orange room maxium 4...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We had no reservations and luckily they had an available room. The room has 2 double beds, hot shower, cable, phone, Internet, and complimentary 2 bottled water and toiletries. Our room was located towards the back of the hotel. The wifi signal did not work in the room. I called the staff and they said they will have the IT person look into it and will call back. No one called me back. I called them and i was told that the IT guy reset the wifi and it should work by now. I tried connecting and it didn't work. Again I called them and told them that its still not working. I was told that they will call me back again after speaking to the IT guy however no one called me back. I didn't have Internet access on my first night. In the morning IT guy came and said that the Internet is working and left our room. The wifi barely worked that I had to go outside our room to get stronger signal. It was ridiculous. I asked to be moved to another room closer to the front but they didn't do it. They said that i can use the computer at the reception area. Not a good option for since i dont want to publicly conduct business. The hotel is conveniently located next to 7 Eleven and McDonalds. It is also very close to Ayala Mall. The hotel is tucked away from the main road therefore you don't hear traffic noise. The walls are very thin that you can hear the people walking and talking outside the room.

• Stayed November 2012
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I went there few nights in september and october 2012. Its really clean and new. Comfortable and Quiet. They got the HD tv. They have Free wifi. Good localization. Restaurants near. Good price for what you got. What else do you want?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Escario Central Hotel? Share your experiences!