“Excellent burger and food, nice atmosphere, prices sky high” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Filipino, Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Excellent burger and food, nice atmosphere, prices sky high”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Been here a few times now and must recommend the burger. Nice interior woodwork but has a bit of a corporate feel too it. I'm used to my Irish pubs not having such a sterile character. I don't know, maybe post some photos on the wall of drunk customers. Located in Century plaza, good location near mango square and fuente robinson mall.

Band plays on the weekend, nice mix of clientele, about 80% foreigner 20% pinoy. I really like this place and would try the Irish dinners but I know I would be upset paying 400-600 pesos so I stick to the burger. Overall Marshall's is a welcome addition to Cebu.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MarshallsIrishP, Owner at Marshall's Irish Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thanks for your review of Marshall's Irish Pub Bar & Restaurant in Cebu via Trip Advisor. We do appreciate you taking the time to do that. Actually the band plays every night starting at 9pm and not just on the weekends. I would agree with you that we need more decors on the walls. That will come over time. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our burger. For the clientele, it really depends on what day you come. Overall, our customers are more like 70% Filipino and 30% foreigner right now on average. Thank you for welcoming us as a new edition to Cebu. Hope to see you again in the near future.

78% Recommend
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Excellent Pub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Me and my husband were here yesterday to have dinner.We order chicken soup and chicken finger fried with onion ring,the food is excellent,the service is very good,the waiter always attention on your table when you finished some of your plate,they'll clean it up immediately for you so that your table always stay clean.Me and my husband like to come here every weekend.The owner is very friendly,he's very nice to invite us 2 shot of drink it look like B52 but it's not,the the savor is better than B52,me and my husband are loved that 2 shot.We gonna come back here again on the weekend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MarshallsIrishP, Owner at Marshall's Irish Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of Marshall's Irish Pub Bar & Restaurant in Cebu here via Trip Advisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that. We are also very happy that you enjoyed your visit from the food, drinks and service side. That really means alot to us. We hope to see you again soon.
Cebu City, Philippines
“Not just an ordinary Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

When I think of an Irish Pub, the first thing that comes in my mind is drinking and lots of it. I was surprise that Marshall's Irish Pub offers a lot of food choices in their menu and that includes Crocodile, Ostrich and Lamb meat! We tried a lot since it was a food tasting event. Overall, the food was good and very tasty. Larry and the staff were very friendly too.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
MarshallsIrishP, Owner at Marshall's Irish Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of Marshall's Irish Pub Bar & Restaurant in Cebu via Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to do that. We are happy you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Kew Gardens, New York
“Tasty Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I experienced a pleasant meal with some Irish tunes playing in the background. The ingredients of the meal were fresh. No instant potatoes or canned meat. The cabbage was nicely cooked. The room was lit properly and all areas were clean. The staff was comfortable with their operation.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
MarshallsIrishP, Owner at Marshall's Irish Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review of Marshall's Irish Pub Bar & Restaurant in Cebu here via Trip Advisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to write your review. We are happy that you had a very good experience here at our Pub regarding the food, drinks, music and service. That speaks volumes about what we strive to achieve here at the Pub. We hope to see you again in the near future.
cebu
“i took 5 guests for xmas dinner to . marshaalls irish pup, the food was very average> but not the prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

over priced with poor service . tables not set . and not cleared away.menu misleading as for example irish stew good for 2 to 3. 2to3 anorexics maybe. i could go on but not worth it. fina;l comment on the beer price 295 for a can of guinness. you can get guinness in cebu for as little as 150. the previos highiest price i know of is in jokers arms mandaui at 220.my advice just dont go there

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MarshallsIrishP, Owner at Marshall's Irish Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Marshall's Irish Pub Bar & Restaurant in Cebu here on Trip Advisor. We do take time to read each and every review and we always strive to reply to each one as well. This is always no matter how the review was at our Pub.

What you may not be aware of, is that our Pub has CCTV cameras throughout the Pub. This is so that we can view anything that takes place regarding any claims. I always welcome both positive and negative reviews of our bar & restaurant as this is how we learn from our mistakes and improve on things as well. However, I will always draw the line when a customer posts a downright lie regarding our Pub and I will defend the Pub when that happens.

I took the time to pull your bill to get the date and time stamp from our computer system and then watched your entire meal from the time you arrived until you left. You arrived at 2:30pm on 12/25/12 and left at 4:45pm. Your comment that tables were not cleared nor set is totally untrue. The server was very attentive to your table and immediately got anything requested by your table. If you would like, you can stop by the Pub and I will be happy to show you on the recording. Our cameras can see every table at the Pub, so please don't think it's that easy to make false claims against our Pub.

Regarding your comment about the Irish stew not being good for 2 to 3 persons, you must realize you are in the Philippines and menus here are based on Filipino's who eat there. Our customers are around 70% Filipino and the Irish Stew would easily feed 2 to 3 persons since Filipino food portions are typically very small. However, that being said, I have had several foreigners who could also not finish the entire dish, so maybe you were just extremely hungry.

Regarding our price for Guinness, that is pretty much the price I pay at my local Irish Pub in Chicago. Just curious why you think that just because you are in the Philippines, that everything must be cheaper here than abroad. Prices charged are based on cost plus overhead no matter where you go.