“A good budget hotel at a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Tune Hotel : Cebu
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   36 Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
“A good budget hotel at a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Booking the hotel via its website was pretty easy. Check-in time is 2pm whereas check-out time is 11am. The counter staff kept things simple and checked me right in after I gave them my booking confirmation slip. You just need to buy what you need besides the room, like wifi, tv, air conditioning, etc. I found the room clean, functional and comfortable for a good night's sleep.

A 7-Eleven convenience store is just next to the hotel and the Ayala Center mall is just 5 minutes walk away with a lot of restaurants, stores and cafés. Taxis are easy to get right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Like everything else, you pay for what you need. The air conditioning is for 24 hours but if you use...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been consistently impressed with Tune Hotels across asia, and the Tune Hotel in Cebu is no exception. The rooms are small, but are clean, but had everything we needed. You pay extra for things like AC, wifi, and towels, but we purchased the comfort package, which gave us 24 hours of AC and wifi per day, as well as clean towels each day for a good price. The location is great - right across from the Ayala centre and the Terraces (with lots of great restaurants). It's refreshing to get a clean, safe room for such a great price.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We love Tune hotels! Very efficient and clean. The rooms are basic and just big enough to sleep in, but thats what keeps the price down. There is a 7-11 on the ground floor if you need anything (eg drinking water) and the hotel is right across the street from one of the main malls in Cebu, full of trendy restaurants and shops. It is close to most of the main travel sights. We used the hotel to stage a day trip down to Oslob to swim with whale sharks!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Russellville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had to visit the US Embassy Consulate in Cebu.I did not have a reservation but walked in. The rate for "walk-in" was the same as on the websites. They did charge me 100P per hour for early check in but it was worth this small fee. The facilities were clean, well kept and completely modern. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was quiet. Free computer and internet access in the lobby. The hotel is conveniently located about a block away from Metro Mall. We walked over for dinner. There is no breakfast at the hotel but there is a "7 Eleven" store on the ground floor next door.

Room Tip: Walk over to Metro Mall for shopping and dinner.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I saw tune hotel Cebu rated a few times on tripadvisor, but I really was not attracted to the loud color scheme. The hotel I wanted in the beginning was booked up, so I stayed at tune hotel. The hotel is very clean, the staff was very professional and helpful ( You would have thought they was from the western world lol). The room was nice, modern, clean, and the safe very easy to use. The only thing I did not like was shower glass only covered half the shower and did not move, that is my only complaint. The room is not big at all, but I did not care because I usually leave my clothes in the suitcase anyway. Next door, is 7/11, across the street is Ayala mall, my favorite mall in Cebu. Although I did not want to book online, I found I got a better deal booking online with agoda, than booking at the hotel. I would recommend tune hotel for any single man on a budget. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel desk is on the second floor. If you want to be discreet, do not take a room on the second...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hastings
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

TUNE HOTEL, CEBU

Modern well placed hotel about 15 minutes from the Airport. We had a double room & whilst the bed was comfortable there was little room in the hotel room. Once the bags were in there was little room to maneuver. In room safe & shower was very good.

Views over to Metro Ayala Center but only being on the 4th floor the road noise was an issue.

Very clean, very modern with electronic door locks.
No onsite eating facilities however there is a Seven Eleven on the ground floor for snacks &
coffee.
Staff very friendly & generally a comfortable stay.

Overall 7/10

Free WIFI available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Me and my best friend had a short get-away before Christmas last year and we stayed in Tune Hotel.
We were so pleasantly surprised to find out it is right across Ayala Mall!
It's a great boutique hotel that's so affordable and yet everything's so clean and new!
WE were so happy we chose this place to stay!
We will definitely book in Tune Cebu next time we come visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tune Hotel : Cebu? Share your experiences!