“Authentic Italian Pizza, Best in Cebu” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Fairfield, Ohio
“Authentic Italian Pizza, Best in Cebu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I visited Pizzeria Michaelangelo for the first time and honestly were a little skeptical about having authentic Italian pizza available in Cebu. Most of the pizza in the city is the regular chain-type (Shakey's, Yellow Cab, Pizza Hut...). Plus we have been able to visit pizzerias throughout Italy during our travels, including in Napoli, the birthplace of pizza.

Everything we ordered was the top quality. We started with a hummus dip for an appetizer. We followed it with a fish with olive oil wrapped in foil. I'm not usually much on fish, but this was delicious. Then out came our main course, the pizza. I can't remember the name of the pizza we ordered, but it came with meat, cheese, and arugula on top. It is by far the best pizza we have had in Cebu, and one of the best outside of Italy. The arugula was fresh and added so much, we were very impressed. We finished with desserts, my wife had the chocolate mousse, which was a combination of white and milk chocolate. I had the tiramisu and both were excellent. Along with our dessert we ordered coffee which came from a high-end, single serve machine.

The staff is so friendly and kind and service was excellent. They took care of us without being intrusive during our meal. If you are lucky like we were, you can meet Massimo, the General Manager, who has a passion for the restaurant and is from Italy himself. We immediately understood how the food is so authentic. We are looking forward to visiting again to try other dishes!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cebu City, Philippines
“Fresh food at affordable cost :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Delicious real Italian food, the service ,the place and the staffs we're all great. Always craving for their fresh pastas and pizzas, I am looking forward to bring my family there nextime. The best ! ;)

Namur, Belgium
“Real italian pizzeria...........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was very good surprise to find such a "real" italian pizzeria on Cebu Island. The food was up to my expectation and enjoyed very much ! One can see the "touch" of the italian (sicilian) owner/manager, Massimo, and it all feels like "a la casa" ! When in Cebu, I'll visit that pizzeria again !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cebu City, Philippines
“FANTASTIC!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

ive been searching and been to a lot of Italian called restaurant and been to this place pizzeria michelangelos and taste there hhmmm,,so so good pasta, there marinara was so tasty, thou its seafood you cant smell the afoul scent of the seafood. And they have a very affordable but huge pizza.. we paid like 700+ on our bill and me and my friend is so good with that price..and oh the manager was so accommodating and friendly to us, he even gave us complementary chocolates. small place but when you go out your stomach will be so very full... sure i will go back to that place! keep it up.

Portland, Maine
“Pizza, pasta, gnocchi. We go here a lot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband goes for the pizzas and I try everything else. His favorite is the 4 cheese, thin crust and you can taste each type of cheese. I love the prosciutto ravioli, gnocchi with mushroom sauce, meatballs with spaghetti and the risotto. Ask the server for daily specials, not just what's on the board (although those are good too). I wish there were better salads and more vegetables. The Sicilian manager is a sweetie. The waitstaff are not sommeliers, no, but they are just fine by us and deal well with the wide variety of customer types. Michaelangelo's delivers pizza too, and it comes quickly and hot.

Good place for bringing groups of visitors or workmates.

• 4 of 5 stars Food