“Catalogue of errors” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 76 hotels in Cebu City
“Catalogue of errors”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Where to start. Day one aircon not working as dirty, and had to call engineering to clean, not what you need after long haul from Europe.
Wifi very poor and slow, better signal from other hotels around.
Toilet repeatedly had to fix the flush as it would not stop.
The power switch for the door card had to jam the card in with paper to keep lights on.
Hot water this was a major issue, and after reading reviews appears to be ongoing for several months.
Biggest problem, the hotel is situated next to a busy road, and there is no sound proofing, so you are woken up by taxis and jeepneys sounding their horns at all hours of the day.
We tried the restaurant one night of or 18 day stay, over priced, poor quality and bad service even for a buffet.
Repeatedly had to ask for towels.
Calling operator could result in waiting a few seconds to several minutes for someone to answer
On a positive, the staff are pleasant and the security staff are very good.

Room Tip: Try and ask for rooms over looking the pool it may be quitter than those on the outside.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

504 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed 3 nights in a larger 2 bed room overlooking the pool. Staff asked for a PHP3000 cash deposit, ridiculously high amount. After a fuss with reception I explained the room was already prepaid and they could take my credit card details, as most hotels do. I was told the booking included breakfast, then told otherwise at the restaurant and after another unnecessary fuss just gave up. WiFi in the lobby was good, but not in the room. The pool was very nice, but menu was way overpriced, the pool staff did not like T-shirts in the pool, and after being constantly harassed by staff, I explained I was wearing a nylon rashguard (synthetic swimming top). Not a cotton T-shirt. Basically a big fancy hotel, clean and very modern decor, near Ayala Mall. They market it as "international standard", but far from it. Staff were not well trained and seemed very disorganised. Customer service was not good. I would not stay again. There are cheaper and much better hotels around Cebu city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The service is the best of hotels I stayed in Philippines! Fast checkin and staffs are really nice and friendly!
I stayed here from Jul 3-5 2014, booked via Agoda for Deluxe Room ($56/night)

Room is good! they have a carpet between bed and tivi, I love it! Room is really clean
The bed is so much comfortable! bathroom quiet nice and clean!

Only problem is, I got the room (1605, If I remember right) next to their function rooms (one room can through to my room by a door) and in the evening around 10pm and in the morning, it's so noisy! (staffs talking, the sound from carts...)

Bar close at 10pm, so early! I was wanna drink some beers and watching football but impossible lol

Time I stay here, they were fixing something, and the bridge is on process so a bit hard when you walk around, but it's ok! the location is perfect, next to the big malls and many spots for foods
Opposite the hotel is PUV Terminal and you can take the bus to go anywhere!

Room Tip: Ask for the room at conner then you can get 2 views of the city!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello ThaoMK,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience regarding the noise, please know that this will be escalated and discussed in order for us to avoid similar incidents from happening in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to serving you better!

Karen and Team
Paranaque, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

During company events we usually stay at 5 star hotels in Cebu but for our personal extension we opted to try Quest. Quest is budget friendly and is near the Ayala Mall in Cebu. Service is good as well as the rooms. Clean, organized and just the right size. Buffet staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2014
Hello eunice019,

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a day to kill between a trip to the islands and my flight from Cebu. I wanted a big, modern, clean hotel to counteract my 10 days of staying on remote islands with no plumbing, and I found it at Quest.

It was so nice to get into an elevator and head up to a large, spacious, well appointed room. Once I entered my room, I didn't want to leave. The bed was very comfortable and everything else was good. No complaints.

My only hang up was the the gym is somewhere in the car park. To get access as a hotel guest, you have to get some validation paper from your front desk, take it to the front desk of the residences and have them approve you, then you walk through the labyrinth of the parking garage to this little room where you have a small gym. Oh, and you have to do this bureaucracy every time you want to go back to the gym.

Walking 5 minutes (under the overpass) you can reach the huge Ayala Centre. I spent hours and hours there escaping the heat, shopping for everything I wanted and eating some tasty foreign foods (for many westerners like myself, you can only eat so much white rice before you just can't take it anymore, sometimes you just want a burrito or a pizza. After a few weeks, you don't care what that says about you.)

Same comment goes for the hotel. Don't hate yourself because you're not staying in an 'authentic', 'local', place. Sometimes you need a break from nipa huts with no running water. Well, look no further. Come to Quest, clean yourself up, eat some good food, drink coffee that's not instant, and then get back out there and explore all the Philippines has to offer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hello Scott,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at our hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Rest assured that your comments regarding the gym will be looked into in order for us to find ways to improve.

It's nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us before you went out to explore the rest of the Philippines. We are honored to be part of that adventure!

We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Karen and Team
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was very impressed with the Quest hotel. Great hotel, great room, excellent pool. It is located right next to a fantastic mall with plenty of food options. When we arrived at the Quest we were ready to lounge around the hotel and do very little, the Quest is the perfect place for this.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi kwatene,

Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If I travel to Cebu we always stay here coz we liked it. Everything was very good. just don't know why our recent stay looks like it grrr... 1. We asked for service water to the room, first 2 days was okay, the next day it was charged already.. what does it mean? Policy changes automatically?? 2. We ordered pizza delivery to be delivered in our room, I am sick that time & pizza is just beside the hotel, the concierge rang me saying food outside should be picked from the lobby... I went down just to get my food from the delivery man who is waiting outside the entrance if they just informed us before I should go and order it coz its just across the hotel..was really crossed that time. 3. Take long in answering phone calls. So far there will hotel staffs that we could recommend for good services. Reception "JACK ", restaurant "RONALD" both recognized us, service are efficient and with great smiles. Mostly staffs in the restaurant are very good but Ronald stands out coz of good looks and height. So far we have schedules booked in September hope our concerns will be taken cared..Tnx

• Stayed July 2014
Hello 134nats,

I am sorry if your stay fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that I have noted your comments and took necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents will not happen in the future. It's nice to know that our staff has made a good impression during your stay. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

Karen & Team

Been to Quest Cebu? Share your experiences!