“excellent from top to bottom” 5 of 5 stars

Quest Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Cebu City, Philippines
“excellent from top to bottom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

the location is great.. just across the ayala center mall.. and almost everything you need is near the hotel..

the view is magnificent!! especially at night you could just open up your curtains and fall asleep watching the city lights.. and the hotel looks really nice outside.. security is okay.. and the staff is super friendly and most especially beautiful especially the ones on the front desk.. oh lalah.. we'll definitely be coming back soon..

Room Tip: Request for a room that is facing Cebu business park...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great hotel....great experience....always looking forward at the end of the day....

The bed is very comfortable and excellent service. Their bathroom is sparkling clean. The room is well lit even at night.
They have buffet breakfast which have very good choices. Bread, rice, eggs, bacon, salad, juices, coffee...and you would go back for more.
The location is near Ayala Commercial Center very convenient to mall, movies, restaurants, groceries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services, food and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here with my wife on the night of August 20th. Paid 59 euros for one night including breakfast for two.

Some people have been complaining about the high level of security at the hotel. To us it was a definite plus, we arrived by taxi and the staff comes immediately to make sure everything is ok, sure a dog sniffs your bags, who cares? It's not personal. You go through a metal detector prior to entering the hotel, again no biggie. There's a 1,000php required deposit which they promply refund upon check out.

Other positive comments:
- Clean hotel, very convenient location right next to Ayala mall, lots of taxis if you need one
- Room is bg enough, nice large bed
- 2 complimentary water bottles
- Nice swimming pool on the 7th floor
- The breakfast buffet is huge! Definitely good value for money. American, European, Filipino, they have it all. Someone will cook your eggs, pancakes to order
- The shower is amazing, hot water with plenty of bandwidth!
- Internet was good and fast enough (we were on floor 11)

Other thoughts
- We had a corner room, so big windows but the electric sockets were sparse, no adapters for European sockets
- Mini bar was on the higher end of pricing
- Had some trouble turning off the AC in the morning, had to remove the batteries from the remote and put them back in, couldn't find a power switch on the unit itself.

Still, a super nice hotel which felt very posh for the price we paid, if I ever find my way back to Cebu, this hotel will be at the top of my list.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel's location is easy to find. Just across Ayala Center Cebu where you can get anything you need. They also provide free shuttle services to Ayala mall, Crimson Resort and other places. Price is also reasonable for the amenities guests can avail of. The beds and rooms are well maintained. Although, you need to request for the dental kit should you need one.
Service is also excellent as personnel takes care of your needs.

Only thing I can say is the check-in and check out time. It's too late and early respectively. Check-in time is 3PM, check-out is 11AM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Literally a few steps away from the Ayala Terraces mall, solving any hankering for convenient food options. The service is great, the staff were all friendly, one even made sure I settled comfortably as soon as I checked in to my room. Although I didn't stay long in the room save for tucking in at night, but everything was generally what you'd expect at its price point. One thing that bugged me was wifi connection in the room kept fluctuating, although they did make sure to send their IT person asap when I called to ask about it. I was also advised ahead of time that I was there during a peak weekend (Ironman triathlon competition) and that I I had a flight to catch I cab to the airport earlier than I normally would have, they sure saved me what would have been a near miss.

• Stayed August 2013

Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Quest Hotel is a brand new hotel right beside the sprawling SM mall and in the thick of major redevelopment of the 'Second' city of the Philippines. We booked through one of the comparison sites and got a truly superb deal.

We arrived early and our room wasn't available (which is fine) but we thought there could have been more to do while we waited. The reception area isn't particularly exciting - maybe we should have asked to go poolside and relax there till they were ready for us - lesson learned.

From memory I think we were in room 571 - a corner room at the end of a corridor. It was a slightly better than basic room and was fine. It had a small balcony too which was a bonus. What can I say more about the room - it did everything you would expect a hotel room to do, was big enough without being huge.

A common complaint of mine in the Philippines is horrendous wifi and this was no exception. When I complained to reception they shrugged their shoulders and said it was likely to remain that way because the hotel was full and there were likely lots of users sharing the service - not good enough - if that is the case then you should have a better service. Later, extremely frustrated by the lack of internet which I need to work I called the manager to illustrate to him how often I was losing VPN connection. He came promptly and promised to have a booster put in our room next day. He did and it seemed to improve things a little but the basic question is why Philippine hotels do not get adequate coverage to allow fast broadband speeds in the first place (not a complaint specific to Quest, Cebu).

We stayed an extra night which illustrates that we were pretty happy and comfortable where we were. We also do not always eat in hotels however we did on two occasions here and it was very good indeed - really enjoyed it.

It has a pool but we never used it.

One complaint - we were in a corner room with two balcony's, one accessible and one not. The one that wasn't readily accessible (but cleaners could easily get to it) was filthy. Dirty rags, a beer bottle, and general dirt. Not good. I always wonder what other 'dirt' is hidden from view when you 'discover' neglected areas. I reported this to the duty manager who helped with the wifi and I'm sure it was dealt with immediately we left but still a little disappointing.

So the usual question - would we go back - absolutely! At the prices we got it would be cheaper than renting a condo so we could be there long-term! Staff were good. Enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Our room (571 from memory) was OK but I would have preferred a much higher floor.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Seattle, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't think I have ever been made to feel more welcome at any other hotel. I was travelling with two kids, and the friendly treatment was extended to all three of us. All the staff would greet us with smiles and a hand over their heart. The front desk staff handed us keys, receipts, etc., in a formal two-handed presentation. One of my kids was 11 (but looks much older than a Filipino 11 year old), and the restaurant staff enquired about the kids ages to ensure that he got the kid discount. We used the Quest hotel as a hub for our travels and ended up checking in four different times over a 2 week period, and everybody (including the security staff outside the hotel) wished us "welcome back" whenever we returned. I was impressed with everyone on the staff that we encountered, but the only names I remember at this point are Jack and Leah from the front desk.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Privrusa,

We, the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center-Cebu are truly delighted to receive a very positive response from a valued guest. Thank you very much! We really appreciate it.

Rest assured that we will continually provide you and your family with Quest’s unique brand of hospitality whenever you are here with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing us to be part of your sojourn in Cebu. We look forward to serving you once more in the near future.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Been to Quest Cebu? Share your experiences!