“Quest Hotel in Cebu - fabulous hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Quest Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 75 hotels in Cebu City
Cebu City, Philippines
“Quest Hotel in Cebu - fabulous hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a great hotel. I've stayed here twice now. The staff here are lovely and welcoming and happy to do assist with anything.

After spending a week here with my partner, I knew that when my mother came to visit Cebu, that this was the perfect location for her. It's right across the road from Ayala mall and very central, so that there is always a taxi on hand. It's also across from the Jeepney terminal, if you prefer to take public transport.

It is very reasonably priced for such a nice hotel. The first time I stayed, the room service was a little slow, but the second time everything was perfect! Some rooms are larger than others, so keep that in mind when booking. But the smaller rooms are fine, just without an extra metre or two with a table and chairs. They are spotless, with nice decor and new fittings. There is good security, with metal detectors and sniffer dogs (very cute). And I could see the staff were immediately uncomfortable when foreign men decided to bring their dates back to the hotel, which is always nice to see as a young female traveler.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Spend my wife's birthday in Cebu, our first time in the Philippines. Room size is ok for 2 person. The staff are friendly especially the bellman. Not worry about taxis as there are plenty outside the hotel and they are registered with the hotel . Walking distance to Ayala centre but we thinking sm mall is a better place for shopping. Ayala centre seem to have more f&b outlet. We only stayed for 1 night as we move to mactan islands.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Cebu Island, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights until July 16 and had three rooms for the family.
We were so disappointed during our stay with Quest Hotel. As we arrived, it was late already for a 2PM check-in, check-in was a little slow since it was only 1 person who assisted us despite the fact that we were the only guests to check-in that time, there were 2 receptionists on-duty. As we got into our rooms, my Mom called me up that there was a foul smell inside the room and that she barely can't tolerate it. I had her go to my room while the hotel housekeeping fixed the issue. Was it not checked before we arrived? Considering that our reservation was guaranteed and it was beyond check-in time already so YOU have ample time to check it?
We called In-room dining around 9 in the evening, but it was the operator who answered the call. We called the Reception but it was the operator who answered the call. Why not try taking off the buttons for direct calls to these destinations from the guestrooms telephones when No one else would answer but Operator? What if there will be more than one room to call? For sure, operator would be bombarded. Fix that.
We checked the restaurant the following day, food selection was Great, staffs at the restaurant were courteous Except the Cashier(Cezar?). He's an absolute snob. As we approach him, it's as if he didn't notice us.
On the day of our check-out, it was only our family again at the Front Desk. It was around 12NN. Just like check-in, we were assisted by 1 staff only. They were 2 at the Reception at that time, but the guy was quiet busy with his cellphone, not even greeting us. The lady who assisted us was Just Doing Her Job. Everything was done, like a computer, Programmed. There was not a single smile in her, talks with us using her British Accent, which is unnecessary because we're obviously Filipino, and treated us as if we cannot afford?? The way she handled us was very unlikely for a hotelier. Either way I see it, she's but ARROGANT! Is it because she has a fair skin? Every staff I encountered, aside from the Security and Housekeeping, were NOT sincere in their hospitality.
We are just from Cebu Province and we travel monthly to our business branches and happened to stay here since this is a new hotel. I am spending this time to post a review so others may consider first what they might read here, especially those who are abroad, and Foreigners. This is not about QUEST alone but the entire Filipino Hospitality specifically Cebu's hospitality.

Room Tip: Take a time to chill at their lobby and have them check the airconditioner first before going up str...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Wilhelm U,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments in Trip Advisor. We sincerely regret that you encountered some problems during your stay at our hotel. I would like to impart that it is of equal disappointment that the conduct of our staff was inappropriate. Rest assured that this does not reflect the true Quest Hotel standards that we strive to maintain.

On behalf of the Quest team, please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience we have caused you and your family. Please be assured that what you have mentioned are well taken and being addressed as soon and as quickly as possible. Should you have more concerns, please feel free to email me directly at cebueam@quest-hotels.com .

We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu
MNL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Lets start with the basics. I chose this hotel because:
1. Price is reasonable
2. Its supposed to be only 5 minutes from the IT Park by cab
3. Its supposed to be a few minutes walk away from the Ayala mall
4. It has a decent looking pool
5. The package I was able to get included breakfast buffet
6. Free wifi in the hotel room

Did Quest Hotel meet those basic expectations? NO. It exceeded them. And now, I am officially a fan. And here's why:

You are met by polite and smiling security guys at the entrance. The back of their shirts say "Protection team" which was a nice touch. And they dont just check your bags (a must, really. I mean, hello?! The only people who should feel about being checked are those who have something to hide), they also check the cab you rode to the hotel to make sure you haven't left anything behind. Now that's going the extra mile -- because who wouldn't feel bad about leaving your phone or important documents inside a cab while in a "foreign" city? Oh, and they take down information about your destination and your cab's info when you leave. That's good because it gives the cabbie the "warning" not to mess with you. (But all cabbies in Cebu seem really nice and honest so I dont think it was necessary. Still...)

The lobby, while small, feels spacious and gives you the feeling that you've entered a luxurious hotel. Check in was fast and even though we arrived early, we were pleasantly advised that a room was available and that we can already go up.

There are ample elevators so I've never had to wait more than a minute to go up or down. And that's saying something, given that the hotel was 98% full while we were there.

Everyone working for the hotel puts their hand over their heart, smiles and greets you warmly.

The room is small but not uncomfortably so. We were asked for our preferred view when we checked in so we chose the mountain. The room amenities were very good. The bathroom, while (again) small, served its purpose well. Hot water was available anytime. I loved the white on white theme of the bathroom. Everything was clean and comfortable. The wifi was pretty strong in our room too.

We only had time to visit the pool but not go for a dip. It looked inviting, though.

We stayed for 3 nights and the truly enjoyed the breakfast buffet everyday, because most of the menu varied. BUT the bacon -- the heavenly bacon -- was always available. The serving plates were refilled even before becoming empty. The serving spoons were replaced at intervals. We were offered coffee and water within minutes of sitting down. The staff was always available, helpful, warm but never intrusive. When available, try their Cebu chorizo -- yum! On our second day, we were asked to move from a 4 seater to a 2 seater table because they were expecting a lot of people for breakfast. The waiter asked so nicely that I honestly didnt mind but guess what -- after seating us, he returned with a plate of excellent Cebu mangoes, ready to be eaten. "To make up for moving.." he said. Not really needed, but wow, it was a very nice touch.

A bit of city sounds reached our room (12th floor) but the manager proactively sent us a letter that if it bothered us too much we could change our rooms (honestly, we did not even complain). Fortunately, the sounds were not that noticeable so we stayed where we were.

True to their claim, the Ayala mall is indeed a few minutes (about 2-3) walk from the hotel so we could go there anytime. Going to IT Park? Yes, it just takes about 5 minutes. Perfect as I had the inclination to linger over breakfast but didnt want to be late in going to work.

On our last night, we got another letter telling us that there was an option to settle early so that we wouldnt miss our flight. Now wasnt that thoughtful? However, check out the following morning was pretty fast and cabs seemed to be in abundance at the front of the hotel so we got to the airport in time. Also, we spilled a bit of food on the beddings and had to ask for a change at around 10pm on our last night. Guess what? Housekeeping was knocking at our door in minutes and "manong" changed our covers while expertly answering our questions in about 5 minutes. And when he was done, he didnt hang around as if waiting for a tip. In fact, we had to call him back so that we can "reward" him for his assistance.

Will I be going back to this hotel? Definitely. Will I be trying other Quest hotels in other locations? Yes, absolutely. After all, how often do you find a hotel that supposedly 3 stars, costs 3 stars but feels more like a 4 or 5 star hotel? This hotel is definitely a gem and another reason why I fell in love with Cebu all over again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the mountain side are quieter for now since there are construction works in the mall side...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services, food and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Baguio City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

definitely recommendable! stayed at the hotel for 2 nights...
We arrived early at 10am (check-in time is 3pm) at the hotel and checked with front desk if we can leave our baggage. Instead, they gladly checked us in that early at no extra cost. My request for a corner room has been granted.
Surely an excellent hotel. All praises to the staff and the superb service they have provided. The room we stayed in was very comfy and clean. Decoration and fixtures are modern. The pool is a bit small though but very comfortable.
Hotel was worth the visit.
I'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: choose a corner room.... great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel before heading to the beach and everything was exactly as they said it would be. Though the room is not very big, but shower is excellent, bed is comfy and wifi worked well. I personal thought that the security in the hotel was excellent especially since the check everything 2 to 3 times, even when you leave the taxi they double check to make sure nothing is left behind.

They had wide selection of items for breakfast, bacon, ham, freshly made eggs or omelettes and a nice variety of fruits.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel as they always special for guest how call in or send an email.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I love to stay at this hotel whenever I am in Cebu because the rooms are beautiful (albeit small) and water closets have bidets! Best of all, there's free high speed wifi. Breakfast is also good. Price is a bit in the inexpensive side. However, the bathroom freebies are not that great and the shower is a bit dark. The rooms are also not that sound-proof; I could the closing of doors at my neighbor's room But overall, this hotel is a nice place to stay in Cebu.

• Stayed July 2013

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Quest Cebu? Share your experiences!