“Great Location, Great Rooms, Great Service, Few Missing Items...” 4 of 5 stars

Quest Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 75 hotels in Cebu City
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Location, Great Rooms, Great Service, Few Missing Items...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Got a nice discount on a premium room with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool... I loved the room so much that I ended up staying a week...

The room is decently sized and the quality of the interior is high.

I had the food, and it was excellent, some of the best food I have had in Philippines, so I ended up having most meals on my balcony from room service...

I had an eye infection when there, and the hotel nurse came to see me every day and make sure I had drops applied, very nice service.

Security is really well done and the entry area is inviting... only missing items is a rooftop bar or another equivalently social place to hang out and have a drink...

I wanted to give it 5 stars, however the lack of social areas makes it hard to give it top rating...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear pmoelgaard,

Thank you for the kind thoughts that you shared with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guest since we use this information for the continuous improvement of our hotel.

We are also delighted to hear that our staff efficiently played an important role in making your stay pleasant and memorable , and the fact that you enjoyed the food here in Quest will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.

500 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Used this place for a stop-over between ferry from Tagbilaran and flight out to Peurto for one night.

Got a 50% discount through their website, which made the stay excellent value.
As most people say, this is a new hotel and as such the rooms are in great condition with all amenities functioning perfectly. How long that will last is hard to say, as the fittings do seem a little cheap. But they are fine now.

Service was adequate, with speedy check-in and check-out. Most complain about a 1000Php deposit on pre-paid bookings, but I simply said I would pay cash for anything I ordered and they agreed to wave it.

Buffet breakfast (not included) was 500Php per person. It was reasonable, but probably slightly overpriced. We didn't have much choice as we were travelling with a toddler and needed to catch a flight in the morning.

I would recommend this business class hotel, but get in now, before the rooms succumb to heavy use.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Koizi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guest since we use this information for the continuous improvement of our hotel.

The hotel is committed to providing quality facilities and good service to all our guests and all the things you have shared has encouraged us to take extra measures to further improve our system and services.

We wish you all the best! We look forward to be of further service to you in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed 3 nights last February. Hotel is across the Ayala center. Big rooms and nice breakfast. A front desk clerk took 25 minutes to have my room opened when I forgot my key card in the room. Had to come down twice before a concierge guy eventually replaced my card which I don't want for my spouse has another working key card. Window was broken the first night so I was able to hear the traffic noise all night but they fixed it next day. Otherwise I will stay here again because of location and center to everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for less noise and better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear monkeywonkey,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with the hotel. Quest Hotel is indeed conveniently located in one of the more accessible parts of Cebu City. We are truly fortunate in that regard and that the convenience of the location extends to our guests.

We also regret the fact that you encountered some problems with your key card . Rest assured that we have discussed this with the concerned department for immediate action.

We will look forward to your next trip to Cebu and hope that you will stay with us again.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for a week in February and stayed in Room 717. The hotel does offer some good deals, but I booked through booking.com, which was even cheaper then the hotels website, (which offered up to 60% off).

For some reason, even though my booking was prepaid, there is an incidental deposit of 1000php (per night), upon check in but you will get a refund when you check out.

Seeing that the hotel is new, it was quite clean and well kept. There is security as you enter the hotel, as well as a sniffer dog, but every time I went/ left the hotel, the dog was asleep.

I found my room to be well cleaned and quite roomy. At check in I was told that I was to receive Room 817, but instead scored 717. I did have a balcony, but it looked mainly at the hotel next door, but I still had a great view of the mountains to the left and the city to the right.

The room consisted of a king size bed and a LCD TV with about 80 channels. My only gripe was they could of sound proofed the walls a bit more, as there was a baby crying in the room next to me and we could clearly hear it!

Now, I have been to the Philippines twice now, and twice I have been mucked around at check in. When I finally got to the hotel, I was told that my room wasn't cleaned yet and that it had a view of the pool. I then had to wait nearly an hour and a half before I could receive my room at 4pm, of which it didn't have a view of the pool, (of which I didn't care). Other than this I couldn't find any fault with staff who where friendly and courteous.

The hotel is located across the road from the Ayala shopping centre. Good luck with trying to cross the road! Luckily the hotel run a shuttle to all 3 of the main shopping centers in Cebu.

There is a multitude of taxis waiting out front to take you where you want to go. The hotel doesn't really offer tours and you would be better off getting a taxi driver to take you where you want to go, as its easier and cheaper than the hotel driver.I ended up meeting one who was really friendly and non pushy. If you want his number, send me a message and I will forward it onto you.

There aren't many places to eat around the hotel. The hotel does have a lovely eatery located within the hotel, but other than this, there is a great Korean place around the corner or you have a multitude of places at Ayala. The breakfast and lunch at the Quest were great, with more than enough choice to keep people happy.

Overall though, I was happy with my stay at the Quest Cebu.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I regret that you experienced dissatisfaction during your stay with us. Rest assured that I have noted your comments and took necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents will not happen in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

cebu city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Accomodation: very clean as everything is fairly new, the pillows and bed were very comfy, you have everything you need in your room, wifi was great even at the 15th floor, i like that the bathroom has a hairdryer, although i don't like that water from the shower comes out to the door. Makes the floor messy. But they sure know about this issue as there is a towel prepared on the floor near the bathroom door. My son loves the floor mat. I love that the room has a coffee making facility as we needed hot water to sterilize baby stuff.

Pool: could get crowded especially the kiddie pool as it is just really small. I noticed that People tend to chill and laze around the pool all day long. Good time would be in the morning when everyone is busy with breakfast.

Hotel and staff: hotel staff are all very helpful and accommodating. Check in time is 3pm but we were able to check in around 11am. There is an incidental deposit of 1000php upon check in but it is no big deal as you will get a refund for sure if you do not incur any incidental charges. One time the key card did not work and we had to go back to the reception from the 15th flr which is not so convenient. I wish they had an internal phone on each floor (maybe near the elevator) so we can just call the front desk if ever key card fails. The lobby is not crowded and the seats are very comfy. The hotel building is right across the Ayala PUJ terminal. You will have to walk a few meters away so you can cross the street but you will need to be careful. I think it will help if there is a traffic enforcer so people can safely cross the street. But you have the option to take the scheduled shuttle service to Ayala or SM.

Breakfast buffet: so many options i got confused what to eat at first. love it. My favorite would be their very tasty scrambled eggs shaped in triangles and banana muffins! I also love that they have congee. Perfect for my baby boy.

Overall: great value for what I paid. It pays to book in advance. Take advantage of their promo rates.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear pinay_xansu,

Thank you very much for the very kind words. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center. We are very happy to know that your experience here was enjoyable and we accomplished our goal in taking good care of you.

Please be assured that the safety and security of our valued guests is always our main concern and we are giving this our utmost attention. We have already coordinated with the City government for the provisions of pedestrian facilities however , until it is done we advise our guests to use the pedestrian located just a few meters away from the hotel.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Almeria, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel opened last year it took some time to finsh but now you can enjoy a new kid in town near Ayala shopping centre. The entrance is well guarded , including a sniffer dog. So it must be priity safe. Cebu has changed a lot since the first time I got here in 1981. Luxuary hotels were very few but now you can make a choice. Quest hotel is one of them. Either for business or leisure, we can recommend this hotel. The restaurent offers a wide range of self service dishes from different continents and a menu choice as well. The breakfast is somewhat on the expensive side. Room service is professional and friendly but this is very common in the Philippines. You feel at home. The frontdesk is somewhat on the small size. I wonder if many people want to check out at the same time how long this will take, just 3 persons to help you.
We would return again for sure. Rooms are spacy and up to date on latest technology

Room Tip: I think all rooms are overlooking the city quit nice, if you like city vieuws
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EJrobberts,

Greetings from Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Your recognition of our efforts encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Cebu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a nice, pretty new hotel. Its location is pretty much in the center of Cebu city. Traffic in the area is awful, but that is pretty much the story with Cebu city in general.
The rooms are nice, and the physical upkeep is very good. The breakfast Buffett is really very good, however if you’d like to get any service with your breakfast – like a cup of coffee – get there before 8am. We ate there twice at 9am and never could get a waiter to bring us coffee once, and the other time we did manage to request coffee and water, but never got any before we finished our meal. Any time after 0830, you should anticipate hordes of people vacuuming up the buffet tables and a staff that is struggling just to keep the rice steamers full.
Room service is similarly challenged. On all but one occasion room service failed to deliver all menu items that were ordered.
Check-out can be a lengthy process if you attempt it anywhere around the final check out time. The hotel advises that you allow at least one hour for check out – absolutely ridiculous.
This is a nice place, just across the street from Ayala mall. The physical facility is certainly worth the 3 start rating, without doubt. The service…. That’s a different story in my opinion.
I’ll stay elsewhere next week when I have to return to Cebu.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast early if you'd like to eat in peace with a chance of service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear RichardCebu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your views about our hotel. Quest Hotel is indeed conveniently located in one of the more accessible parts of Cebu City. We are truly fortunate in that regard and that the convenience of the location extends to our guests.

Our hotel was full to capacity during your stay. The bulk of check-out happens from 10:00am to 12:30PM. We were having quite a challenge owing to the streams of guests checking in and out at that time.

Of course the above is a convenient excuse and we really feel that we could have done our best to serve but failed. Admittedly we were remiss on many fronts like Rooms Service failure to deliver the ordered items and the slow refill of food during breakfast time. On behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel Conference Center, Cebu, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

At any rate, we would like to thank you for the forthright comments. We are addressing all your concerns. We will try our best to do better next time.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Been to Quest Cebu? Share your experiences!