“Perfect location for just the right price.” 4 of 5 stars

Quest Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Perfect location for just the right price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Loved the location of Quest Hotel, which is just accross Ayala Malls. Though crossing the street to get to the mall can be challenging. We hope for a pedestrian overpass going straight to the mall soon.

The hotel service is quite good. Very accomodating staff. They allowed us to check in early. Though they charged us for a local call which is surprising.

No complaints really. Value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Thursdayclub 79,

On behalf of the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center I would like to thank you for your positive review.

We have good news for you. We are happy to inform you that an overpass crosswalk for pedestrian will be constructed soon from Quest to Ayala Mall in coordination with the Cebu City government.

We have been batting for its construction since the very beginning of our operation. We are also very much concerned for the safety of our guests crossing the said 4-lane street going to Ayala Mall. Once it is operational, the challenge and the danger in crossing said street will be a thing of the past.

We look forward to your return to our hotel.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Las Pinas, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at Quest from Nov 1-3, 2012. Hotel is new, very clean and well designed. Stayed at a Junior Suite room..the room is nice, has a reception area with flat screen tv, the bedroom has another flat screen tv. Buffet breakfast in the hotel is delicious and has many variety except that during our stay, they do not have bacon.
Location is good...the hotel is just across Ayala Mall.
I could have given this hotel a perfect score except for the check-in...check-in is supposed to be at 2 pm but we were able to go to our room at past 4 pm.
If I will go back to this hotel again? Yes, hopefully the management will do something about the check-in procedure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Jcop88,

Thank you very much for the very kind words. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center.

We also regret the fact that you encountered some minor problems during your stay. Rest assured that we have discussed this with the concerned departments for immediate action.

Once again thank you very much and more power to you.

Mid Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

To be fair, I didn't stay the night, I used the room for the day, waiting for my midnight flight out of Cebu. But I did utilize a lot of services in the hotel. I chose the Quest precisely because it had a high rating and was the cheapest hotel in the area. I kept waiting to find the thing(s) that made it such a cheap hotel, but never really did. The lobby rivals the more expensive hotels I have stayed at in the Philippines. The staff were professional and attentive. The concierge was staffed by two people, I asked them for assistance multiple times and they were always helpful. The room itself was not large, but well equipped. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was very modern. The hotel is located right next to the Ayala Mall which was nice for shopping and eating. The restaurant in the hotel appeared quite nice and the menu was significant, but this was an "on the cheap" visit so I didn't eat there. You can even get a very reasonably priced massage, right in your room!
Two small negative notes. 1. The water in the shower wasn't very hot. 2. Wireless internet in the room dropped periodically, although that is not an uncommon experience for me, in the Philippines.
On the whole it was an excellent experience, and I will stay here again if my travel plans are similar. The taxi fare to the airport was 500 pesos, just FYI.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Frose,

On behalf of the management and staff of Quest and Conference Center Cebu, I would like to convey our profound thanks and appreciation for the very positive and encouraging comments that you rendered.
We are always focused on ensuring that our guests are absolutely satisfied when they stay here.

If ever we were remiss on anything, please accept our apologies. Be assured though, that we will correct them the soonest.

Once again our grateful appreciation for the kind words you afforded us in abundance.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel has only recently opened , worth a visit to experience a fresh and new hotel. The rooms are lovely although the aircon appears very loud even when not on???!!!

The staff are very attentive and friendly . Take some time to sit pool side or at the bar and meet some new friends and fellow travellers!

Must say the check in and out process is very slow which is dissapointing . After arriving at 2:30 for a 2pm check in we were forced to wait till 4:30pm for our room... with no offer of copensation or late check out even??? dissapointing.

We did not however let this over shadow our time here , the faciltiies are great and will stay at this hotel again

Definatly worth the $500php for buffet dinner and breakfast is awesome too!!! Enjoy :)

Room Tip: Try to get a Premium Dexlue Room on the 8th floor so your balcony is facing pool side!( these are th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Sarah P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay at Quest.

We would like to apologize for the discomfort that you encountered especially with the check-in process and also the aircon unit. We are very grateful that despite the disappointments you still find many aspects of our hotel satisfactory.

Rest assured that we are addressing the problems you have mentioned. And by raising the concerns directly we will be able to correct them. We appreciate the honest remarks.

More power to you and we eagerly await your return. Again , thank you very much.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I’ve been to Cebu many times in the past. I was not able to return for quite a while except two years ago when we opened an airline route from one of the cities in Korea direct to Cebu. Just stayed in a popular hotel, though and did not venture out much around the city.

I really wondered what changed. Wondered too where my former friends are, what they have become, what happened to them. I was curious.

I came back in July 2012 to explore, to satisfy the curiosity as well. I stayed in Quest this time around– and what a wonderful surprise! I stayed in a room elegantly appointed with a balcony overlooking a pool. Nice!

I met a very special friend that made my stay in Quest fabulous!

Quest hotel provided me a real walk-down-memory lane!

I had breakfast in the balcony with the cityscape and Mountain View as backdrop while I slowly sipped my morning coffee. Food was superb. But what I loved most was the view and the alfresco mood provided by the balcony.

Service was genuine and real coming from very courteous hotel staff. What can I say? I felt like a prince in my own castle!

Ayala Mall was just right across the street! And yes, explored it to see what changed. Lots! But it is still is “the” Ayala Mall I frequented long ago.

Coming back? Most definitely! I like to walk again down memory lane that only Quest could provide.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony if you can. They are limited though.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Leo F,

Thank you very much from the bottom of our hearts. The comments are exceptionally amazing coming from a long ago Cebu visitor. But returning at last to relish a homecoming that is long overdue and finding it only at Quest is one of a kind.

At Quest we always try our very best to measure up to the expectations of our guests. We are honored that we were able to provide the mood for an authentic and remarkable “walk in the memory lane” experience for you.

We greatly appreciate the marvelous review! We are surely looking forward to your return here.

Truly yours,

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights, very convenience to Ayala Cebu Mall and jeepney terminal to
other parts of the city. The hotel is clean and new . But the hotel is not business hotel.
The buffet breakfast is very good. The rates is very affordable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Wil523,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your views about our hotel. Quest Hotel is indeed conveniently located in one of the more accessible parts of Cebu City. We are truly fortunate in that regard and that the convenience of the location extends to our guests.

We always see to it that our restaurant offers only the best in food selections. Moreover, our rates are not only affordable but give the ultimate value for your money as well.

It is our avowed commitment to make our guests happy and hassle-free during their stay.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Quest Hotel & Conference Center Cebu
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Room was not ready until 4pm!! very frustrating, Aircon only worked 1/2 so by 8am the room was scaulding hot. The only thing that made the visit bearable was the 50% discount, if I had have paid full price I would have been furious. Oh and the old soap in the room made me really wonder about the hygiëne.

Room Tip: Ask for Ayalla View
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kinoycouple,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that your undue experience may have caused. However, we were really having difficulties owing to the streams of guests checking in and out at that time. Our hotel was fully booked.

I know the above is a convenient excuse and we really feel that we could have done our best to serve but failed. Admittedly we were remiss on many fronts like the air conditioning unit and the “old” soap as you said that was not supposed to be there.

At any rate, we would like to thank you for the forthright comments and for giving us a chance to improve on our service and facilities. We are addressing your concerns and we hope to be given another chance to serve you better in the near future.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Been to Quest Cebu? Share your experiences!