“New hotel with the best furniture ever!” 4 of 5 stars

Quest Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Cebu City
Philippines
“New hotel with the best furniture ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Loved their furniture in the lobby! Check-in and check-out were kinda fast.. They asked for my ID & had it photocopied. They also swiped my credit card as a guarantee for my overnight stay. I don't recall Radisson Blu doing this, but well..

The hotel was located right across Ayala, but you had to cross a busy road/flyover to get there. It was sometimes difficult and dangerous for us specially with 2 kids in tow. There was no security guard to assist us in crossing the street.

Breakfast was tasty; staff were all courteous; pool was okay. It was raining hard (with lightning) when my husband & son went there for a dip so they were not able to enjoy it for long.

Our request for an extra comforter and 2 extra pillows were also accommodated. All in all, we had a pleasant stay in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our motivation to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my best friend's wedding. We used their rooms for dress-up, picture taking for the bride etc for no extra charge at all. I would say that the staff here are very accommodating, they helped us out with our requests and they are very polite.

The room is big and new with nice interior. Breakfast was also delicious. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Guam, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the newly built Quest Hotel in Cebu from May 30th to June 07th, and I must admit the price, value , location, and customer service is what I would expect in a 4-star hotel. Mind you the hotel is in their soft opening and some are still under renovations, BUT nevertheless the staff and management were apologetic about the situation.

The morning breakfast buffet was very decent, and had a variety of what I would expect in a continental breakfast: fresh fruits, variety of pastries and juices, local delicacies, "Ammerican style" breakfast, salads, and etc. The staff-- housekeeper, waitstaff, doormen-- always had a smile and curtesy to greet us every time we get in and out of the hotel. Every morning the waitstaff always make an unpretentious conversation without hoping or asking for gratuity. Needless to say, the hotel made us feel welcome throughout our eight-day stay.

However there are always drawbacks; one of very few that I noticed was, first, the frontoffice doesn't do currency exchange, w/c caused us a bit of an inconvenience. Thank goodness, there is a bank right beside. Plus, once we figured out our ways around the mall, w/c was just right across the hotel, they have one as well. Second, there were only single-pane windows, which means despite the fact that we were staying on the 11th floor, we can hear all the husstle and bustle of traffic and the metropolitan life. But this was compensated at least with a really comfortable bed (which was great for my husband since he already have five back surgeries!). Third, the hotel is situated right across a (huge) mall which makes it tricky to go back and forth the hotel-- it was almost playing dodgeball with vehicles. There is no pedestrian lane anywhere near or a traffic officer to control the situation; we had no choice but to become jaywalkers! But must admit the mall makes it worth it-- it's basically a one stop shop for everything!

In terms of the hotel experience, our overall experience was great and we are really pleased with the attention and the customer service we had experience with Quest Hotel!

• Stayed June 2012
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Ms. Rose Anstett,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay in our hotel on trip advisor. We are honored with your appreciation, notably for the housekeeping staff , waiters and doormen. We appreciate the feedback we get from our valued guest, since we use this information for the continuous improvement of our hotel .

Our hotel is in its soft opening phase and some areas are on its final stages of construction. Rest assured we are doing the enhancement of our rooms to make way for a better Quest experience.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

your home away from home, you can experience the luxury and pleasure of good and with a good value for money. it is an excellent new hotel with good food and highly trained staffs. i was with my friends and we got connecting rooms, it is very convenient especially when in a group of 4 people so you can enjoy your stay even if you are in different rooms. the location is also another plus, it is just across the ayala center mall one of the biggest malls in cebu. so if you want to go shopping or hang out it is just a couple of steps away. check out Quest hotel in Cebu City.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Margelyne,

Thank you very much for the kind words. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center.

Our hotel constantly provides the convenience of modern facilities coupled with the homegrown manner by which our team members assist each and every one of our guests. It is our mission to provide you with a feeling of comfort and ease only found in one's own home. We are genuinely proud of this outlook geared toward absolute satisfaction of our guests.

You can be certain that this way of thinking is inherent to the overall way that Quest Hotel follows. And the next time you are here with us, that constant mindset will always welcome you, your friends and your loved ones.

We truly look forward to your being here once again enjoy your home away from home.

Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Quest hotel is located conveniently near a mall and near the airport. The hotel has a nice facade and well-designed, clean and comfortable rooms. The staff is very accommodating. They can give you directions on how to go to nearby tourist spots and how to get around Cebu. The food is good too. It's a good place to go if you're looking for a place where you can both have a vacation and not get behind your work (the hotel has wifi). Great experience and good service with an affordable price. :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I'd booked a room through the hotel website, and secured that with my card. The reservation included a hotel transfer to the airport on my departure the next day, with flight details etc.

If there is one thing that really annoys me it is turning up at a hotel with a direct confirmed booking and being treated like a stranger who has just walked in from the street. They even asked if they could take my print out of my reservation (they didn't seem to have much or any record of me). After 15-20 minutes of standing there at the desk, they were apparently clueless that I needed an airport transfer in the morning (despite having already booked and paid for it). It was a painful check-in. They then wanted to take my credit card to pre-authorise some kind of fee for bills 'To make it easier for you if you dine here tonight'. I told them I wasn't going to. Despite that the next morning we spent at least ten minutes again at my credit card unwinding this holding payment. All the while I stood there fondly recalling express check-out at other hotels.

On the way from the front desk to the lifts I passed two ladies by the front door. I'll say no more but that I'm surprised that a hotel such as this allows them in. As I passed one said 'Hey mister, your zip is not closed'. Classy.

The room itself was very nice and recently done. Compact, but nice. The location also seemed good although Cebu is not a walking city so you'll need taxis to get anywhere apart from the huge mall opposite.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mr. London Genie,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay . As always, we appreciate the feedback we get from our guest since we use this information for the continuous improvement of our hotel.

We regret the fact that we were not able to provide you with the service that you have come to expect during your recent visit with us.

On behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel & Conference Center, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience that we have caused you. You have our assurance that we we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this will not happen again in the future to our valued guests.

We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again.

sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Hotel is new and the location is great, being across from Ayala in a safe location. The rooms are a little small but manageable, nice walk-in showers. The staff are friendly and professional. However we had some issues with our stay and left disappointed. Partially our fault, partially the Hotel and partially Agoda. The rooms were booked through Agoda in a hurried state, and upon check-in were given 2 rooms with 4 twin beds for 4 adults (2 couples). No good...don't want twin beds. back to front desk and hotel is apparently full and no other rooms available.(did not look full). Agoda has a stupid little "special request" dropdown which is easily overlooked, and it not completed the default setting is 'twin beds'. How dumb is that, I've booked hundreds of rooms but it is easily overlooked sometimes. who would choose a twin bed over a queen/king? The default should be queen/king unless special request for Twin. Hotel girl blamed me for not filling out the silly 'special request' section and that I need to talk with booking agent re: refund. Thanks front desk manager girl for stating it's my fault. Agoda said as it was booked within 3 days that one night is forfeited for a refund and they'll speak with Hotel about the other nights. Quest Hotel would not oblige a refund, nor did they offer a suitable solution ie. upgrade or anything else. Have nothing against the Hotel, it is nice..I may stay there again, but first impressions have been tarnished a little. Maybe will use it as a back up option...

Room Tip: make sure you select queen or else they'll shove you in a room with twin beds