“Visit March March 15/16 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Quest Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Vancouver BC Canada
“Visit March March 15/16 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Great new Hotel, very clean,, rooms where great and bed super comfortable, restaurant and breakfast buffet really good, lots of selection and staff was super friendly, pool and sun deck on 7 floor was great, nice view,, really great shower stall, no bath tube. super location, right across from Allaya Mall, 3 min walk. Great promotion rates up to May, great price at about 75.00/night all in with breakfast. highly recommend and will stay there again on next visit in Sept. Cant go wrong. The staff at front desk and restaurant where very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: corner units have king size beds and balcony, great on 7th floor as just walk down hall to pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Bothmer399,

We thank you for taking the time to write this review on our Hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and will return to see us next time you are in Cebu, we await your arrival.

I really like the photo you took of the pool just before sunset..really shows how nice it is up there.

Once again thank you for your review.

Quest Cebu General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

i was at the Quest for nearly 3 weeks, off and on, during feb 2012. new facility. wonderful staff—i was at the parklane at first (not recommended) and the Quest security guards would greet me as i walked by, even helped my cross the street on occasion, and that was before i was a guest at their hotel! clean clean clean. close to ayala, across the street.

you can find cheaper places in cebu and more expensive. but, unless your on a real tight budget or don't care about budgets, the Quest is a great place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Dear ak_jkl,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay.

We do understand the importance of the guards helping the guest crossing the street and keeping an eye out for not only our guests but everyone near the hotel. I'm glad this was noticed.

We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Maroochydore, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great place to stay,
The staff are wonderful they cannot do enough for you and the GM of the hotel is a really down to earth guy to talk too.
The rooms are nice the bed is great, what a great nights sleep we had .
Breakfast is nice and fresh.
Location is in a good spot just a short walk across the road and your in Ayala Shopping Centre
They have a nice pool area on the seven floor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear now2mark,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write this review on your stay with us.

I noticed you really enjoyed the beds and that is one of our selling points, we did invest in some great beds and bed toppers. You also commented on our location which has helped us as well, I'm glad it suited your needs.

Your comments on the staff in appreciated and I will make sure I pass along the comments to the team.

Davao City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Quest hotel had its soft opening last March and we're glad to have stayed in that hotel for 2 nights and 3 days..Rooms are big and since it is new, everything is sparklingly clean especially the sheets...Its buffet breakfast is superb!! It's just fronting Ayala Mall...Will go back to this hotel again once in Cebu...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear filipoy,

I will pass on your comments on the clean rooms to the housekeeping staff and we will do our best to make sure the rooms stay that way.

I am also pleased you enjoyed the breakfast buffet, it doesn't have the same number of offerings as a five star hotel would, but the presentation and flavors are quite good and we train to give the best service.

I hope you will find the time to come back to Cebu and stay with us

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I'm very happy I stayed here. The first (Internet ) booking was without breakfast, 750 was stiff, but I added nights and the staff threw in breakfast. The bed felt great, the room clean, the staff very nice and helpful.
I had 2 unplanned last minute pool parties when friends stopped in and each time tables were set out and it came together in few minutes.
For price and quality, VERY GOOD .....
Steve
PS Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Executive Assistant Manager
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Spent 3 days in Cebu with buddies last Mar 2-4. Got rooms at the Quest Hotel for around Php 3,000 per night (with breakfast!) and I must say that this hotel rocks in terms of value! It is a 4-star business hotel that's packed with the basic experiences plus some extras that makes you feel that you're getting 4 star experience for much less.

The lobby was tastefully designed with a waiting lounge and a restaurant. Great staff who always warmly greets guests at the door. Reception staff also very pleasant. You are well taken care of in this place.

Hotel room was of average size. I would think maybe 25 sq.m. Beds were very comfortable, linen and pillow all feel smooth on the skin while you're sound asleep. Bathroom had a basic and clean white look with strong showers and complete toiletries. I just noticed that the vent fan right above the water closet leaked water. Not good to be sitting there and having drops of water land on your head :) TV good, lighting good, study table good. A refrigerator offered some beverages just in case you and your friends want to relax in the room with a beer while watching the Discovery Turbo channel before heading out to Cebu's popular clubs.

We also tried the hotel pool. Excellent for a quick dip before dinner. With that, our portable sounds, plus the hotel's consistent beer and beverage service, we couldn't ask for anything more.

The restaurant at the ground floor served excellent breakfast for champions, very inviting specially after a tiring night out. Excellent selection and food quality - very good value considering the room price!

Hotel location? It's right beside Ayala Center Cebu! We'd just cross the street for errands, pasalubongs (gifts) and dinner! I couldn't imagine a better location than this (except maybe Radisson Blu, slightly more expensive).

All in all I would rate Quest as an excellent value choice for business travelers and friends looking for a quick Cebu weekend. This hotel has excellent accommodations, great food, enviable location and very pleasant staff. I would be happy to come back here anytime. Thanks Quest!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear The Euge,

I have mentioned previously that I really enjoy getting reviewed by guests like yourself who have so many reviews, I see you have submitted 26..wow.

Your comments were quite detailed and as a seasoned traveler you have hit on all of the key points we try to train on and ensure a positive guest experience. Our location is just a bonus.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the future.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

It all began with such promise. My first email inquiries regarding facilities -- specifically, the distinction between deluxe and "premium" deluxe -- were promptly and completely answered. ("Premium" means with balcony, in case you are curious.)

And upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted by a multitude of friendly staff. But then I began to smell the paint. The chemicals. The work-in-progress of an under-construction facility.

As the bellman showed me to my floor the odor worsened and once in my room, it was literally unbearable for me. Now, I know some people aren't bothered by odors, but my eyes were watering. Add the fear of not knowing exactly what was in the terrible odor I was smelling and how would it effect me to sleep with this odor in my room--effect me immediately and long-term--and I was more than a little concerned. I immediately asked for a room change. The front desk told me all the rooms smelled the same because the paint was uniformly fresh throughout the hotel, but he would see what he could do and asked me to wait in the lobby while he looked. Finally he offered me one room change--to a "deluxe" room.

Yes, their response to my problem with their unannounced soft opening, with the stench of paint in my room, was to offer me a "free downgrade". I went to look at the room because I had prepaid through Agoda and didn't want to walk away from my money, but, as I had been informed in my very first email, the only difference was their proffered option had no balcony. And it had no window to open. It had absolutely no ventilation whatsoever. So, yes their "helpful" response to my difficulty breathing in the stench of paint was to move me to a room where that stench could be in no way ameliorated.

I declined their generous offer of a 'free downgrade' to a room where I would most assuredly be unable to sleep.

Back in my room I set a chair against the balcony door to prop it open and turned the bathroom exhaust fan up high. And left the room to "air out".

About this time I spotted a "Dear Guest" notice sitting on the desk in the room. Along with "A warm welcome" this low-key, unannounced little piece of paper told me that "The hotel is in its soft opening and some areas are on its final stages of construction."

I couldn't believe it. A secret soft opening? "Some" areas?

Now perhaps some of you will forgive this hotel for attempting to lure guests into paying for their rooms before informing them that they're having a "soft opening". And perhaps some of you will forgive them for writing that "Some areas" are in "final stages of construction" when absolutely every room in the entire hotel smelled like a paint factory.

Perhaps some of you will. I will not. I have spent my first day in Cebu prowling the City Center searching for a hotel to which I can move. It is Easter week. Today is Easter Sunday. I am unprepared for such a destruction of my would-be holiday, but the Quest hotel has left me no option.

Adding to my unpleasant experience was the failure of every ATM I tried to accept either my MC credit card or my Visa debit card. So I was walking penniless around Cebu City. I asked at the front desk of the hotel to which I had already pre-paid two nights on my American Express card if they might allow me a cash withdrawal to see me through the unfortunately-timed Easter Holiday--because banks would not be open for two days I could not further investigate the difficulties with my Bank of America credit and debit cards (I won't get off-topic to discuss BofA right now). The hotel refused. They further said they had no license to change money. I tried to explain I was not seeking any illegal changing of monies, nor was I attempting a free cash withdrawal. I just needed to get through a bank-less Easter Sunday and Monday and perhaps, because I was a pre-paid guest of the hotel, they might find a way to assist me in this. They could not. I confess it was a bit embarassing to stand at the front desk and literally beg the hotel -- at which I was a pre-paid guest -- to assist me in obtaining money to get through the week-end. And the hotel did absolutely nothing to make it any less embarrassing, making it clear that this was my problem, not theirs.

As was my aversion to the stench of paint in my bedroom. As was my disdain for an unannounced "soft opening".

As is my opinion that the Quest hotel and whoever determined it should behave in such a manner are the worst choices a traveler can make when visiting a new city and expecting to be welcomed not by false and superficial smiles, but by sincere and useful assistance.

So, yes, the Quest Hotel is the most disappointing hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear jay90210,

On behalf of the team here I would to apologize for your unpleasant experience, we do try our best to give everyone a great experience.

Hopefully you will find a way to give us a try in the future when we have been open for some time.

I will look into all of the issues you raised to see if we can find a way to improve on our services.

Quest Cebu General Manager

Been to Quest Cebu? Share your experiences!