“Not the best but pretty darn good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zubuchon

Zubuchon
One Mango Mall / Escario Central /Islands Stay Hotel Mactan | Mango Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines
+63 32 2395697
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 353 restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Philippine
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We serve roast pig as the main dish, with nearly three dozen other Filipino dishes that are either based on roast pork, or complementary dishes. We have seafood, vegetables and fresh local fruit shakes. This is the pig that Chef and TV Host Anthony Bourdain declared as "The Best Pig, Ever!" on his No Reservations episode on the Philippines. For a taste of Filipino cuisine, in a clean, comfortable space, visit us at any of our branches in Cebu.
Delta, BC, Canada
“Not the best but pretty darn good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I wouldn't say Zubuchon's lechon is the best I've ever tasted, but it's pretty darn good! Although the lechon was tender and the skin was crispy, it tasted kind of bland to me. The camias shake was refreshing. Service was friendly and efficient. We did visit CNT but there was no more lechon when we got there. The smell of the place made me want to gag though. Good thing Zubuchon was clean and spotless.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Definitely not the best pig EVER - Cebu produces the best Lechon but maybe CNT or Ricos”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was really looking forward in my first dining at Zubuchon in my trip to Cebu. This restaurant's claim for fame was the Anthony Bourdain's food show that said that this is the best pig dish in the world. I agree that Cebu makes the best pig (Lechon) but maybe it is CNT or Ricos - the original Lechon Cebu.

What I like about Zubuchon is the restaurant feel (air-conditioning and decent facility) unlike CNT's Rugged and hot restaurants (they are more for take aways). They serve good dinuguan but that is about it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Interesting experience in a spotless environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Wanted to try great lechon baboy... and it was indeed quite good! Welcomed to the sight of a whole pig (not a suckling however, keep that in mind) resting in a display window, waiting for dinners.

Service was ok, although explaining some of the dishes was a little difficult. Had a plate of the lechon and the calamari stuffed with sisseg (a local pork-chicken liver dish). The pork was excellent, although cold (I believe that's how it's normally served though). The calamari was tasty, but way too salty (and I'm a salty eater).

Liked the experience, but would like to try another version of the lechon baboy!

Visited March 2013
Bergenfield
“Great Place for Lechon feast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

They say Zubuchon meant Sugbu Lechon.
Sugbu is a vernacular term for Cebu.

The roast pig was a delicacy. The crunchy
skin and the tasty meat were worth a second trip.
I would not be ashamed to bring and invite my friends to
dine in.

The places are not that big but I have seen
Zubuchon branches in many parts of the city since
I last visited Cebu.

They also serve other Filipino foods.
To try once is not enough. To come back meant to
come back for the third time. I like their new Capitol
site restaurant.

Visited January 2013
Cebu
“Yummychon!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

If you are a lechon lover then Zubuchon is probably the best place for you. they have a variety of choices which will satisfy your tastebuds. plus try to partner it with their kamis shake to burn out all the cholesterol.. :)

• Visited February 2013