“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Spa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Spa Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Spa Hotel
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Gov. M. Cuenco Ave. | Banilad, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #37 of 58 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Warsop, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just spent two weeks at this hotel at the promo rate of 1500 per night, for deluxe room with no window. Great value for money. Room was large and well presented, fan a/c, good selection of tv channels, Cinemax had some good action films on. The room was cleaned daily, with fresh sheets and towels. Shower worked well, with plenty of constant hot water. A bath would have been nice, but not the norm, I think. Cleaning staff where friendly and helpful. Eating in was nice, not bad choice, well priced and plentiful, my favourite was the chocolate shake, hehe. Gym and pool was nice also.

Wi-fi, worked well in the room, but not so good in reception. You have to pay for wi-fi in room. Reception staff were always friendly and happy. Location was pretty good, with food outlets fairly close. I will stay here again in the future, great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed three times at the Holiday Spa Hotel. First time was April 2011 and then on two separate occasions in September 2012.

HSH is located close to Ayala Mall and Gaisano Country Mall - approximate 70p and 50p respectively in a taxi. The hotel was originally a health spa with the accommodation rooms added in 2010 - or so I believe.

The hay pool-view rooms and viewless room with a couple of hundred pesos difference in price. As I sat by the pool I saw no pool-view rooms with their curtains drawm back 0 so you might want to think about paying extra for a view you won't look at. The reason being is that the pool is a lap pool. It is not a resort pool. It is approx 25 metres long and line-marked for swimming. I have to say that the water was very clean and not over chlorinated.

The room are very big and clean. I stayed in a room with a king-sized bed. The linen was fresh and the towels small but clean. The shower had some mould in the grout of the floor tiles of the shower recess, but I have seen that in the Crown Regency and other more expensive hotels. There was plenty of water pressure and the hot water was hot.

The walls are covered in a brown felt-type material which does a great job of sound-proofing the room. The curtains were thick, so if you like a very dark room to sleep in (as I do), this is for you. I like a firm bed - firmer than most, but the bed was too firm for me - I woke with a sore back each morning. Perhaps they are not meant for solo sleeping.

The skirting boards of the rooms are made of MDF and therefore are swelling and cracking from the continual mopping of the floor. There was an LCD TV mounted on the wall and the ubiquitous cable channels to choose from. There was no refrigerator in the room.

For 150p guests can use the gym. It is a well-equiped gym with most things the average user needs. As a gym-rat, I found the only thing lacking was a seated-row machine - but most gym-goers won't notice. There is a great array of dum-bells up to 110lb.

There is a small cafe with ala carte menu - but if you ask nicely, the chef might make a meal that you request. The brewed coffee is very good - I love coffee and most times the brewed coffee at cafes in the Philippines is thin and bitter. The coffee here is great. My only two gripes are that the coffee comes in small cups. I asked for a large cup and got it - with the small cup amount in the bottom......the second gripe is: the advertised prices on their menu board is WITHOUT sales tax - so add 10% to the price of what you buy.

The girls and guys at the desk are friendly and accommodating - try using some Bisaya and they will like you even more.

Taxis are usually not a problem as there are usually a few at the end of the drive and the security guard will whistle for them.

Overall: I like this place - it's clean, the rooms are big and very quiet, the service is good, the coffee is good and the hotel is in a handy location.

Room Tip: Rooms with the king size beds seem to be on the ground floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cebu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We picked this hotel mainly because of the pool for my daughter, and it looked clean and safe from the pictures we saw on the net. We were using this hotel as a base or a kind of stepping stone until we found an apartment to move into, the location of the hotel is fantastic and near both of the major malls and very close the Cebu IT park which has some great bars and restaurants.

The room was ok, and came with cable TV and a great AC unit. The only downside was there wasn't a window in the room, we didn't spend much time in the room so we weren't really bothered by this.

They have free wifi in the lobby area and in the lobby cafe, where I spent most of my time, but the internet seemed very intermittent.

Food was ok, a little expense compared to eating out of the hotel and the portions were very small. I actually counted 7 fries on my plate when I ordered a burger.

All in all a good hotel especially if you have younger children as it was safe and clean and the bell boy was always there to help with bags and getting taxis

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went here for the spa only, stayed at another hotel. Actually wondered at first why some people in my group wanted to go here when massage services were offered by the hotel we stayed in. Now I know. The massage was so good! The place did not look fancy, no scents or piped-in music when you walk in. Shared dressing/locker room for females. They had spacious, private massage cubicles though. They only had one scent of massage oil, which I didn't like very much (eucalyptus, I think). The massage made up for it though. I hated the cab ride back to our hotel because I was ready to go to sleep right after...I was so relaxed! Would definitely come back for more!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cebu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The room we stayed in was basically clean and ok but had no window, kind of depressing. Most of all I chose to stay here because of the gym. When I checked in I was told it is not included in the room rate which I didn't like at all. When I went on the second day to the gym somebody came after me and told me quite unfriendly that I had to go through sort of a registration process at the front desk if I want to use the gym. Well, I was at the front desk but nobody told me, I felt like I was accused of cheating. Then I wanted to avail of their spa services but they had no therapist and told me to come back some time later. Didn't like the food, too. I decided to check out...

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here first week of May 2012. We booked this hotel because of its promo rate and its lap pool which my kids enjoyed. The promo rate is beneficial since we had to extend our stay for 6 hours for our late flight. The hotel is not really along the main avenue, its in the inner part of a street fronting a parking lot. . about a minute walk from the main Ave.. so no problem.

This hotel is like a YMCA health club like it’s a meeting place for Cebu’s fitness buffs . The small breakfast buffet is always available for around P200.00 mostly Filipino food. The hotel rooms are adequate with good airconditioning. The spa is great too, they also have a promo when we tried it.

Things I didn’t like: 1) You text them and I think they reply using a Freetext website 2) Cats are roaming and leaves poops in their small garden. .cleaning took so long 3) You have to pay the Wifi in your room. (so just go to the lobby restaurant) 4) Lobby’s aircon is not strong during our visit.

I wouldn’t mind staying here again if under promo rate and to visit the spa.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cebu City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

At 1 st first sight when you enter everything is nice..........but at the front desk........terrible.....I didn't know if i was in front of reception of 3 stars hotel or at the desk of Jolibee (fast food).
the room amenities are very clean and good, I was surprised when they told me i need to pay to use the gym....what is funny i checked on their website or on agoda and it s not explain anywhere...................
and no elevator, so if you have big suitcase and if the only one doormen is busy then.........you do that by yourself!!!!
they don't need to shout everywhere in cebu city it's 3 stars with 5 stars amenities because there is a world between this hotel and some 5 stars there..........big difference in the service and not so much in the price!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel because everything is in supplement!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!