“Not Bad, Friendly Staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Spa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Spa Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Spa Hotel
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Gov. M. Cuenco Ave. | Banilad, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #37 of 58 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Cebu
“Not Bad, Friendly Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We picked this hotel mainly because of the pool for my daughter, and it looked clean and safe from the pictures we saw on the net. We were using this hotel as a base or a kind of stepping stone until we found an apartment to move into, the location of the hotel is fantastic and near both of the major malls and very close the Cebu IT park which has some great bars and restaurants.

The room was ok, and came with cable TV and a great AC unit. The only downside was there wasn't a window in the room, we didn't spend much time in the room so we weren't really bothered by this.

They have free wifi in the lobby area and in the lobby cafe, where I spent most of my time, but the internet seemed very intermittent.

Food was ok, a little expense compared to eating out of the hotel and the portions were very small. I actually counted 7 fries on my plate when I ordered a burger.

All in all a good hotel especially if you have younger children as it was safe and clean and the bell boy was always there to help with bags and getting taxis

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went here for the spa only, stayed at another hotel. Actually wondered at first why some people in my group wanted to go here when massage services were offered by the hotel we stayed in. Now I know. The massage was so good! The place did not look fancy, no scents or piped-in music when you walk in. Shared dressing/locker room for females. They had spacious, private massage cubicles though. They only had one scent of massage oil, which I didn't like very much (eucalyptus, I think). The massage made up for it though. I hated the cab ride back to our hotel because I was ready to go to sleep right after...I was so relaxed! Would definitely come back for more!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cebu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The room we stayed in was basically clean and ok but had no window, kind of depressing. Most of all I chose to stay here because of the gym. When I checked in I was told it is not included in the room rate which I didn't like at all. When I went on the second day to the gym somebody came after me and told me quite unfriendly that I had to go through sort of a registration process at the front desk if I want to use the gym. Well, I was at the front desk but nobody told me, I felt like I was accused of cheating. Then I wanted to avail of their spa services but they had no therapist and told me to come back some time later. Didn't like the food, too. I decided to check out...

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here first week of May 2012. We booked this hotel because of its promo rate and its lap pool which my kids enjoyed. The promo rate is beneficial since we had to extend our stay for 6 hours for our late flight. The hotel is not really along the main avenue, its in the inner part of a street fronting a parking lot. . about a minute walk from the main Ave.. so no problem.

This hotel is like a YMCA health club like it’s a meeting place for Cebu’s fitness buffs . The small breakfast buffet is always available for around P200.00 mostly Filipino food. The hotel rooms are adequate with good airconditioning. The spa is great too, they also have a promo when we tried it.

Things I didn’t like: 1) You text them and I think they reply using a Freetext website 2) Cats are roaming and leaves poops in their small garden. .cleaning took so long 3) You have to pay the Wifi in your room. (so just go to the lobby restaurant) 4) Lobby’s aircon is not strong during our visit.

I wouldn’t mind staying here again if under promo rate and to visit the spa.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cebu City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

At 1 st first sight when you enter everything is nice..........but at the front desk........terrible.....I didn't know if i was in front of reception of 3 stars hotel or at the desk of Jolibee (fast food).
the room amenities are very clean and good, I was surprised when they told me i need to pay to use the gym....what is funny i checked on their website or on agoda and it s not explain anywhere...................
and no elevator, so if you have big suitcase and if the only one doormen is busy then.........you do that by yourself!!!!
they don't need to shout everywhere in cebu city it's 3 stars with 5 stars amenities because there is a world between this hotel and some 5 stars there..........big difference in the service and not so much in the price!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel because everything is in supplement!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

April 2012 – Large lap pool with convenient restaurant. Gym had lots of equipment with filipino group sessions in the afternoon. Rooms without windows are painted brown and too dark for me. Pay the extra pesos and get a Room With Window. There are no businesses or services within walking distance, so you are using a taxi all the time. Allow an extra 500 pesos a day for hotel taxis use. If you book online for this Chinese owned hotel, you have to prepay for taxi service to and from the airport even if youre not coming from the airport (no refund for not using their prepaid taxis). The driver when dropping you off at the airport try’s to scam you to pay the meter, stating that he isnt part of the hotel. The pool was the highlight of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a WINDOW
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

After notifying the hotel that we'd be arriving at about 2am, there was a staff member waiting for us when we arrived. The room was clean, with a large king-sized bed. The bathroom was also clean. The staff wasn't really that helpful. I felt like maybe they didn't have many tourists who wanted to see Cebu City. There is nothing in the immediate area around the hotel, which means that you'd have to take meals in the hotel if you're hungry unless you want to go far. The service was painstakingly slow, but we experienced that in every place in Cebu/Bohol. The pool was open, and provided nice refreshment from the daytime heat.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!