“Customer Service is Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Stella

Save Saved
You added Hotel Stella to your Saves list
Hotel Stella
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Don Gil Garcia Street Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #32 of 75 hotels in Cebu City
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“Customer Service is Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

aside from poor email Etiquette that I received from one of the reservations team name Anne, I would suggest this hotel to my other friends when looking for a place to stay in cebu. Cheap but very clean and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here twice and will be staying here in our future travel. The place is new. It's near BPI and BDO if you need cash. Hospital is near and restaurant is walking distance.

Service was good but needs consistency. My husband and I was really tired from our Coron trip and we stayed in the lobby for our room to be ready. We were told it's ready but when we got there housekeeping was still cleaning. No Billboy was there to help us carry our luggage. It was our 3rd time to stay there and I was expecting a lot. Consistent service is what most returnees is looking for.

Good thing the bed and pillows were comfy. The room is cool and hot shower is ready. Restroom is just small butyou don't stay there longer anyway. We always book superior room because it has window and refrigerator.

I hope they give upgrades or complimentary drinks or snacks for returnee guests like us.

• Stayed July 2013
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went to Cebu city on a Saturday without booking any hotel in advance while traveling on a budget, really smart of me. not . As all the other budget hotels are fully booked, I tried Hotel Stella, I was on luck for there was one room with breakfast available and they were on a promo, so I get it cheaper. The receptionist was very friendly, she held the room for me while I was still on the road. I checked in without any problem and was pleased with the room. It was a little small, just good for one queen size bed, closet and side tables but it was very clean and very comfortable almost at par with swankier hotels if not for the size. Really good location too, at the heart of the city.

I had my breakfast delivered to my room, it was quick and serving was good enough for me.

I initially had a problem connecting to their wifi when I arrived but it was sorted the next day and when I did, boy, was it fast!

One thing though, they need to increase the shower's water pressure, it wasn't strong enough even if the water volume was on full. (at least the room where I stayed).

Overall, I had a good stay. It's a very clean and comfortable place, I stayed in on my 3rd day and extended my stay instead of going out- that's how comfortable I was.

I'd definitely stay here again when I am back in Cebu City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

nice hotel near to fuente osmena and some shopping malls.also chong hua hospital and cebu doctors nearby. small but clean rooms,good beds,nice bathroom.breakfast not realy big portion but many places nearby to go and eat.good place for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Rooms are not that big, just enough space but beds are comfortable. Downside is, the toilet of our room is so small, nonetheless, we still enjoyed our stay. Hotel Stella is a good choice if you want to stay near the city. It was located in a quiet in peaceful area but walking distance to some attractions such as the Skywalk in Crowne Regency and the Osmena Circle. Public transportation is just minutes away to bring you to Magellan's Cross and Mango Avenue where you can enjoy a nightlife and food trip! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hotel Stella was our pick when we came to Cebu because it was one of the new hotels in town - so we were quite sure that it's clean :) and it was! we had a pleasant stay in Hotel Stella as rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not as good though, and a bit pricey :( then again, it's location is very convenient so you can just walk to robinsons mall nearby in case you want to eat something else :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Metro Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Stella's family room with 2 of my friends last May for 2 nights.

The room was big enough for the three of us, not to mention 2 of us had medium-large suitcases.
The beds were soft, clean and comfortable.
I did notice the aircon become a bit noisy (like a buzzing sound) but it wasn't too distracting.
Had no problem with the Wi-Fi connection from our room (5th floor).
The bathroom was a tad small and the step/ledge(?) that would 'separate' the shower area from the toilet/sink was almost non-existent so it was easy for the water to spread all over the bathroom.

We requested for our free breakfasts to be served in our room. The waiting time wasn't long and the food was actually good, we ordered the longganisa on both days since they were out of tapa.

The staff were really friendly and accommodating, kudos to the security guard as well for flagging down cabs when we needed one (although there seems to be a taxi on stand-by most of the time). He was able to advise us how much the approximate fare would be.

Strategic location: Just a few minutes away (on foot) from Fuente Osmena Circle where Robinsons and Mango Ave/Mall are.
We weren't able to explore much around the streets nearby but I believe I saw a few cupcake stores, fast food restaurants, convenience store and the capitol nearby.

Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Stella? Share your experiences!