“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Stella

Save Saved
You added Hotel Stella to your Saves list
Hotel Stella
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Don Gil Garcia Street Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #40 of 77 hotels in Cebu City
Metro Manila
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Stella's family room with 2 of my friends last May for 2 nights.

The room was big enough for the three of us, not to mention 2 of us had medium-large suitcases.
The beds were soft, clean and comfortable.
I did notice the aircon become a bit noisy (like a buzzing sound) but it wasn't too distracting.
Had no problem with the Wi-Fi connection from our room (5th floor).
The bathroom was a tad small and the step/ledge(?) that would 'separate' the shower area from the toilet/sink was almost non-existent so it was easy for the water to spread all over the bathroom.

We requested for our free breakfasts to be served in our room. The waiting time wasn't long and the food was actually good, we ordered the longganisa on both days since they were out of tapa.

The staff were really friendly and accommodating, kudos to the security guard as well for flagging down cabs when we needed one (although there seems to be a taxi on stand-by most of the time). He was able to advise us how much the approximate fare would be.

Strategic location: Just a few minutes away (on foot) from Fuente Osmena Circle where Robinsons and Mango Ave/Mall are.
We weren't able to explore much around the streets nearby but I believe I saw a few cupcake stores, fast food restaurants, convenience store and the capitol nearby.

Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bacolod, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have stayed in a deluxe and superior rooms.
The hotel is small but very nice, the place is very clean, the staff very accommodating and deliver service with a smile.
For some reason I find the tv in the superior room bigger as it's fronting the queen size bed and the big windows give the room an air of elegance. They give tiny soaps but it doesn't bother me as I usually bring my own toiletries. They provide 2 thick white towels and a bathmat. Extra pillows cost 30 pesos but are soft and fluffy. Free breakfast is ordinary, instant coffee or watered down orange juice with Rice, egg and meat. Nearby are jollibee, chowking and Bo's coffee.
The security guard will help you with your bags, open the door of the hotel, hail a taxi for you and even sweep the premises.
I love staying at hotel Stella, the beds are so comfy, the aircon works very well, everything seems new and well-maintained, the staff seem to go the extra mile in delivering the best service and 70 pesos in a taxi will take you to Ayala mall which is great for shopping and dining.
The deluxe room does not have a window but with everything else considered, a great value for money.

Room Tip: For a couple, I would choose the superior room, for 2 singles the deluxe room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I are from Manila but for more than a year now, we have been living in Boracay. We have planned for a Bohol-Cebu vacation and thinking that we missed the city, we have decided to stay in Cebu city this time and as a friend of mine recommended, we booked a room at Hotel Stella.

When we got to Cebu City, that's when we realized that we did not miss the city that much and just decided to stay in the hotel. Hotel Stella provided us with comfort that we have long been wanting. Yes we have stayed mainly in our hotel room when we were in Cebu. The room is clean, small but very well arranged. The staff are always courteous and helpful. Ms. Anne, of reservations is very efficient and even helped us to have a room with a nice view of the city in such a short notice. The breakfast could be better but the bed is the best! The beds are very comfortable that you can compare it to five star hotels.

Hotel Stella is near Robinsons and Larsian and Red Ribbon is just across the street. We will definitely stay in Hotel Stella again when in Cebu City and will recommend it to my friends

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mngt_Stella_Hotel, Front Office Supervisor at Hotel Stella, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Hello Ma'am,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with Hotel Stella.We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you for trusting us to take care of you on your vacation.We also like to thank you for the very nice words and giving time to write a review for us.We are looking forward of having you back to Hotel Stella.Until your next visit Ms Charlotte.
Daghang Salamat.

Anne
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Whenever in Cebu, I always stay at Cebu R Hotel. Last February it was fully booked and I was looking for another decent, budget hotel in the same area and found Hotel Stella. I was only here for one night. My flight arrived at 4am. I was given a room at 4.30am for an additional 300pesos. I was very sleepy and didn't mind the additional 300 to be able to sleep. I got the deluxe room with breakfast. The room is small, as well as the toilet (but there is a functional heater which is a requirement for me, so overall the toilet is functional and I'm fine with it). But the room is clean with an LCD TV (good cable, lots of channel options) and the A/C was adequate. The breakfast is the common tapsi breakfast set and you may choose your protein of choice - longganisa, tocino, etc. You can choose to have your breakfast delievered to your room. The reception people are helpful and nice. When I complained about the weak wifi in my room, they looked into the matter plus gave me the password for the lobby wifi. When I came back in the evening, the wifi situation in my room was better (though the signal dispappears, when you are too far from the door). Overall, this hotel met my needs for 1 night - it was clean and decent with nice staff. Location is very good, if you need to be anywhere in the city. SM Cebu and Ayala are just a few minutes away in a cab.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hello Ms Carpio,
Thank you for the review ma'am.We appreciate the time to write and post a review for Hotel Stella .Thank you.We are pleased to know that even for the short period of time you have stayed in our hotel we were able to provide you with your needs.We are looking forward of having you again and hopefully stay longer with us.We are happy to have you as our guest and your comments matter to us.From the bottom of our hearts thank you,Until your next booking.
Daghang Salamat.

-Anne-
sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

this hotel has very small rooms, we stayed in a deluxe room and the bathroom was so small you can only just turn around in it. Breakfast comes with the room but the dinning area is so small you have to line up to eat and its only cold toast and juice which you can buy outside of the hotel for far far less.the staff are good but over all there are are far better hotel for less money.I would never return to this hotel and advise you to look else where. we moved to the Cebu R hotel just up the road for less money and much bigger rooms with a good bathroom with bath and much better choice of b/fast yes stella is new hotel but very small rooms and bad b/fast does not make for a good stay

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Iligan, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in this very clean hotel for five days.The experience was overwhelming because the place is very tranquil plus the housekeeping staff (especially the lady) works very well and kept the room a very comfy place to stay.The front desk staff, room boys and security guards were all good.I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I will be making my reservation in this hotel for my trip next month.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the very nice comments you have given to Hotel Stella.We are very happy we able to gave you comfort and meet your needs.We are working very hard to do better if not best of the service we can give you.
With all your comments and suggestions we can be able to assess ,improve our services to provide excellent and quality satisfying experience to our beloved guests.
In behalf of the management of Hotel Stella.We thank you guests for giving us the chance to take care and serve you while enjoying your stay here in Hotel Stella.
Until your next booking.

Anne
Hong Kong,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here enroute to Moalboal for just one night. This is a great budget hotel! My flight was only slighty delayed time and I arrived easily. However the other parties got stuck in Hong Kong with a Black Thunderstorm and were delayed 8 hours.
The staff took this all in their stride. Breakfast is free so on the light side. Tricky time of year as it was Holy Week so most things were going to be closed. It proved to be a perfect location, I needed to get to a supermarket for list of friends requests and staff advised the only one open was the one in Colon reachable by Taxi for 60P which was only open the day of our arrival Thursday.
Staff are helpful and attentive and made us feel welcome. The place was VERY clean. I slept excellently, sometimes no windows are a bonus, it was quiet and peaceful, a real haven.
One Street back from the Main Road, plenty Jeepneys going up and down, everything so convenient on corner is a Major Bank (closed), cross the main Road is a branch of Red Ribbon (open) famous for fresh butter mamons, walk down that road toward Osmena Fuente there is 2nd Hand Clothes Dealers open, Bakery open, Western Union Exchange open Thursday closed Good Friday, MacDonalds open, Pizza Hut (open) Large Minimarket on corner (open), Robinsons closed the entire week of Holy Week. Loud air conditioner but be thankful for the air conditioning! There seemed always to be a taxi waiting for a ride at the front, Fantastic. I would definitely stay here again if coming to Cebu City and needed a short term stay, I would highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the very nice comment we truly appreciate the all the things you said about the staffs and the hotel.We value your comments and suggestions and we will never stop to do good on our work.You are our priority and we are here ready to serve you.Looking forward of hearing and hopefully be booking you for another stay wit Hotel Stella.
Thanks Again

-anne-

Been to Hotel Stella? Share your experiences!