“Good enough” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Stella

Save Saved
You added Hotel Stella to your Saves list
Hotel Stella
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Don Gil Garcia Street Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #29 of 73 hotels in Cebu City
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Good enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Whenever in Cebu, I always stay at Cebu R Hotel. Last February it was fully booked and I was looking for another decent, budget hotel in the same area and found Hotel Stella. I was only here for one night. My flight arrived at 4am. I was given a room at 4.30am for an additional 300pesos. I was very sleepy and didn't mind the additional 300 to be able to sleep. I got the deluxe room with breakfast. The room is small, as well as the toilet (but there is a functional heater which is a requirement for me, so overall the toilet is functional and I'm fine with it). But the room is clean with an LCD TV (good cable, lots of channel options) and the A/C was adequate. The breakfast is the common tapsi breakfast set and you may choose your protein of choice - longganisa, tocino, etc. You can choose to have your breakfast delievered to your room. The reception people are helpful and nice. When I complained about the weak wifi in my room, they looked into the matter plus gave me the password for the lobby wifi. When I came back in the evening, the wifi situation in my room was better (though the signal dispappears, when you are too far from the door). Overall, this hotel met my needs for 1 night - it was clean and decent with nice staff. Location is very good, if you need to be anywhere in the city. SM Cebu and Ayala are just a few minutes away in a cab.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mngt_Stella_Hotel, Front Office Supervisor at Hotel Stella, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Hello Ms Carpio,
Thank you for the review ma'am.We appreciate the time to write and post a review for Hotel Stella .Thank you.We are pleased to know that even for the short period of time you have stayed in our hotel we were able to provide you with your needs.We are looking forward of having you again and hopefully stay longer with us.We are happy to have you as our guest and your comments matter to us.From the bottom of our hearts thank you,Until your next booking.
Daghang Salamat.

-Anne-

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

this hotel has very small rooms, we stayed in a deluxe room and the bathroom was so small you can only just turn around in it. Breakfast comes with the room but the dinning area is so small you have to line up to eat and its only cold toast and juice which you can buy outside of the hotel for far far less.the staff are good but over all there are are far better hotel for less money.I would never return to this hotel and advise you to look else where. we moved to the Cebu R hotel just up the road for less money and much bigger rooms with a good bathroom with bath and much better choice of b/fast yes stella is new hotel but very small rooms and bad b/fast does not make for a good stay

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Iligan, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in this very clean hotel for five days.The experience was overwhelming because the place is very tranquil plus the housekeeping staff (especially the lady) works very well and kept the room a very comfy place to stay.The front desk staff, room boys and security guards were all good.I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I will be making my reservation in this hotel for my trip next month.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the very nice comments you have given to Hotel Stella.We are very happy we able to gave you comfort and meet your needs.We are working very hard to do better if not best of the service we can give you.
With all your comments and suggestions we can be able to assess ,improve our services to provide excellent and quality satisfying experience to our beloved guests.
In behalf of the management of Hotel Stella.We thank you guests for giving us the chance to take care and serve you while enjoying your stay here in Hotel Stella.
Until your next booking.

Anne
Hong Kong,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here enroute to Moalboal for just one night. This is a great budget hotel! My flight was only slighty delayed time and I arrived easily. However the other parties got stuck in Hong Kong with a Black Thunderstorm and were delayed 8 hours.
The staff took this all in their stride. Breakfast is free so on the light side. Tricky time of year as it was Holy Week so most things were going to be closed. It proved to be a perfect location, I needed to get to a supermarket for list of friends requests and staff advised the only one open was the one in Colon reachable by Taxi for 60P which was only open the day of our arrival Thursday.
Staff are helpful and attentive and made us feel welcome. The place was VERY clean. I slept excellently, sometimes no windows are a bonus, it was quiet and peaceful, a real haven.
One Street back from the Main Road, plenty Jeepneys going up and down, everything so convenient on corner is a Major Bank (closed), cross the main Road is a branch of Red Ribbon (open) famous for fresh butter mamons, walk down that road toward Osmena Fuente there is 2nd Hand Clothes Dealers open, Bakery open, Western Union Exchange open Thursday closed Good Friday, MacDonalds open, Pizza Hut (open) Large Minimarket on corner (open), Robinsons closed the entire week of Holy Week. Loud air conditioner but be thankful for the air conditioning! There seemed always to be a taxi waiting for a ride at the front, Fantastic. I would definitely stay here again if coming to Cebu City and needed a short term stay, I would highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the very nice comment we truly appreciate the all the things you said about the staffs and the hotel.We value your comments and suggestions and we will never stop to do good on our work.You are our priority and we are here ready to serve you.Looking forward of hearing and hopefully be booking you for another stay wit Hotel Stella.
Thanks Again

-anne-
Bergenfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Staffs at the Front Desk knew their roles.
They were very accomodating and answers all your questions
truthfully. The security guards, the roomboys and even the cleaning staff
were very helpful and attentive to your needs.

SERVICE is A plus in my books.

The price is affordable but you get a no nonsense accomodation. They are better
than 4-5 star hotels I have stayed in my previous trips.

I got a view of the city. You have to ask for it.

The hotel location is great and quiet. Since it is relatively new,
not all taxi drivers know where it is. You have to give the taxi drivers
more familiar landmarks neaer the hotel so they will know.
The Front Desk Staff will help you and assist you anytime.

Internet connection is great.

Room Tip: It is better to eat out because the Hotel does not have a variety of choices. It is a Hotel not a r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice and clean budget hotel 60php taxi ride from Ayala mall. Cheap prices include breakfast for Filipino taste, continental breakfast is more like a joke.

Rooms are small and executive room for 1290php didn't have even a window. Room size is like Tune hotel if you have been there.

Kind and attentive service, easy to get a taxi in the morning. It takes a while for them to answer to emails or even to txt messages.

This is though a nice budget hotel from the best of the choices.

• Stayed February 2013
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just arrived from our 4 night stay in Hotel Stella and it had just been a wonderful experience. It started really with Anne, the person I dealt with via email durng reservations with the hotel. She was very diligent, efficient and made any of my concerns easy to resolve. Because of her help, we were able to check in with so much ease and I was able to get a room with a nice view of the city.

The room and the whole hotel was very clean and tasteful. Whoever designed the hotel was able to maximize the floor area, so that even if the front desk and cafe were beside each other, it did not feel cramped. The minimalist design of the hotel was also a sight to enjoy.

Same can be said for the rooms. The size of the room was just right and was properly placed to maximize the space. The bed in the room was to die for! I have not gotten such great sleep in years, and am not exaggerating. At times, I would just like to lie on the bed and rest! The LCD TV and the mini-fridge was a great addition to the room.

Another thing I would like to talk about is the breakfast. The serving size was just right, not too much and not too short. If you have a big appetite, you can always order more and the prices for thr food in their 24 hour cafe was very affordable. Nevertheless, it was a nice way to start your day and it was nice that you can have the breakfast in the room.

The staff were all wonderful, from the front desk ladies to the bellboy to the guard. However, the one I wanted to give the kudos the most is the housekeeping staff. Whoever cleaned our room was very particular with details and even took the liberty of fixing our things. That really sealed my stamp of approval with the hotel.

Two things they can improve on: the wifi was not reaching our room, or at least where the bed was. We had to sit near the door just to surf...though when it was working, it was fast. Also, hope they can consider placing a bidet in the toilets. It shouldn't cost a lot to add such.

Nevertheless, if you want to stay in a hotel that's trendy, near a lot of good places, accesible to transportation to anywhere you need to go in metro cebu, this is the hotel for you. I found my second home and I'll be staying here again when I go back to Cebu this year.

• Stayed February 2013
Until your next booking.

Anne

Been to Hotel Stella? Share your experiences!