“I shall come back” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 354 restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: First of all, it's hard NOT to remember the rather longish name. STK stands for the local dialect's term for grilled, sour soup, and pickled, a description of the type of food one can order in the restaurant. The ambience of this seafood house is unique. It's actually an old house with 1930s-1960s memorabilias and antiques. Their POS is even this old cash register. Their phones are the old ones with dials. Then the food. They serve authentic grilled Filipino dishes like the jaws of the tuna fish ("panga" in the local dialect) and innovative creations like curried crabs. Finally, the bill...US$7/head and you head out with a doggy bag! Good ambience, excellent food, and great value for money.
Cebu City, Philippines
“I shall come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The place is really quaint and I have no complains on the food here. In fact, I have nothing but praises. I've been here twice and I haven't had issues. The food were served hot and sumptuous. The price was very reasonable. It's not the cheapest. It's not really budget-friendly, but you get your money's worth here. The service is not at the fastest, but I haven't really noticed that it took that long. I was with family then, so I must have been too distracted to notice. There certainly are areas for improvement but no complaints. I shall come back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Cebu City, Philippines
“Yummy dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I will definitely go back to their restaurant. We've waited for a couple of minutes to have a vacant seat when we went there last night but the wait was worth it. It's a mus try for food lovers. It looks like a small restaurant but once you get inside it's so big and there were doors in almost every direction.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Delicious food, fast service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Mainly a seafood menu- a few non-seafood items. All our meals were tasty and served quickly, with a smile. I loved the old house and all the pieces of old furniture, memorabilia and china.

Visited January 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hyped but service lets it down. Very popular so we waited for more than an hour for our table and ordered mains, and then almost another for the rice (?!), by which time our mains were, of course, cold. Tuna belly was nothing special, calamares were very good - a pity that the restaurant is overpopular and apparently understaffed or poorly managed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cebu
“Good food but very slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been eating in this restaurant for many years, at first when it was just a small restaurant in their "garage"until it got bigger and bigger, occupying most of the ground floor of the house. I have my favorites with them, baked scallops, sisig, suglaw with gata and their tuna belly. They even used to offer free Thai soup. But the thing that turns me off is their very slow service. With their present system, there are only a few waiters who can take your order and it takes them more than 15 minutes to serve the food. Also, the waiters are not that friendly and customer-oriented, just shrugging off our complaint about the delay of food. I normally ask for the bill right after they serve the food because it also takes a long time for them to provide the bill. I suggest that management find a way to improve the service. I agree with others that it is a good way to introduce Cebu...but if you decide to try this restaurant, come early (especially during lunch time) so you can order ahead.

• Visited January 2013