“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 77 hotels in Cebu City
USA
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was in Cebu for less than a week and the very friendly ambience of the place made me felt like I never left home after all. The location is right at the heart of Cebu's tourism, walking distance to the bustling Ayala Business Park, and meeting with friends and families was a lot easier and more pleasures for all of us .

• Stayed July 2014

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed overnight and shopped at Ayala, which is right next door, so the location was good.

Service was great; our first room was too noisy to sleep (aircon), but they helped us transfer to a new room even though it was just before midnight. Breakfast buffet seemed small, but was quite good.

The pool is small but nice and the rooftop view was good. The hotel and rooms were clean, but the faucets and soap holder in the first room were a bit broken. The second room was good, though. Wi-Fi was broken when we were there, which was not nice. Also the hot water seems to run out all the time, but it wasn't too cold, so we didn't mind.

We would stay again if the price is right.

Stayed June 2014
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I invited my mom for a dinner in diamond.May 10 this year and exactly they had a mothers day promo if im not mistaken..at that time my mom is dipressd bec. Her best friend died 3 days ago so she needs something that can make her feel better, the food that 1st come in my mind but she was suprised bec.service in the restaurnt is very excelent,me and my mom experieced there..like in entering the smeone will guide you,but mostly she remmber that waiters are very well trained...one that my mom keeps talking is the senior waiter KRISTOFER GARCIA.in behalf of my mom defntly we will come back..A TWO OR THREE STAR HOTEL W/ A FIVE STAR SERVICE AND CONFORT

• Stayed May 2014
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Walking distance from Ayala Center! Their rooms are small but still comfortable. I love their pillows!!! We asked for an extra bed and was surprised (and very much delighted) to see that its really a bed and not just a mattress or a common folding bed like in most hotels. So good job!

Staff are friendly! Smoking area in the 2nd floor. The elevator is very small but there's stairs and, because, our room is just on the third floor, we opted to use the stairs (exercise!). When we stayed there, I think their walls were newly-painted so there's a funny smell on the hallway.

I wasnt able to use the pool but my room mates said its quite disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The room that I was provided with was quiet, but I was disappointed that both the swimming pool and fitness room were closed for renovation. That was a let down because both amenities are promoted by the hotel. I would have been less dissatisfied if one was still available, but to have both under renovation at the same time seemed to be poor planning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Iligan City, Iligan, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I first stayed at Diamond Suites early last year. I was impressed by the clean lines, and neutral color tones in the room. The room was light, and relaxing to the eyes that I decided to try it out again early this year.

Location was also one of the re4asons why I stayed here. It is less than five minute walk to the mall, and very accessible when commuting around the city.

On thing that I also liked about Diamond Suites is how fast the services, and response were for requests of additional towel, or when asking someone to check out a problem with the sink faucet which was addressed promptly.

The restaurant, and breakfast was really fitting. I like their breakfast served which was surprisingly good for the rates.

The do have fast internet connection, and I would come back, and stay here should I need a place to stay, and work at the same time. With that said, yes, I would go back to stay at Diamond Suites.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel and condo is ok. The people are brilliant as they look after us. The building could really use maintenance i.e. the gym is like a storage room not a gym, the pool is not maintained and not safe for kids, the toilets by the pool is out of order for the whole month we stayed, the roof obviously needs maintaining. We are located on the 6th floor condo 607, whenever it rains, the rain drips down on the marble corridor and makes and the hallway very danger zone to walk. Also, heavy rain made one of the condo bedroom ceiling leaking so badly, we had to come down to the front desk to ask for more buckets, as they didn't want to send maintenance to help us during a heavy rain fall at 12 midnight.
The trouble with the condo is not up to the standard or what they advertise. No running hot water, we had to ask for hot showers to be put in. Very low water pressure for showers and bathroom flushing.
No clear responsibility of who is in-charge between the condo management and the hotel management. Any problems we had just went around in circles, until we had to take our own time to fix the problem and sit people down.
We did not try the buffet, but they could use a 24 hour service, as my 3 year old boy was hungry at 2 am, and we had to venture out to get food.
Location is ok, but its not really a family establishment, even though they got the residences.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Diamond Suites & Residences? Share your experiences!