“Great bang for your buck” 4 of 5 stars

Diamond Suites & Residences
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #8 Apitong cor. Escario Street, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Cebu City, Philippines
“Great bang for your buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Lovely pool deck. A great way to spend a romantic afternoon in sunny cebu. I could get enough of the privacy of the sun deck. great sunrays to be had up there. top notch. Ultra-violet splendor. The most impressive thing about the hotel for me was the wallpaper in the ballroom. So ornate and so lovely. I couldn't get enough of that either. Well well, the restaurant downstairs has some nice food. I was there for a business opportunity meeting and the staff was attentive and a few of the female staff were very pleasant people. I would recommend this place to my friends without a doubt.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
EU
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked nice ahead of our arrival, got two rooms next to each other -family of four- and found out that they were windowless... Luckily we use our hotelroom to sleep in, not to gaze at the traffic nearby :-) We were out of the room from breakfast until later at night, so it didn't matter that much to us, but was quite a surprise nevertheless.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. Housekeeping did a good job, the restaurant (breakfast) was OK - early birds ate much of the fruit -, variety is limited (we stayed in total 5 nights). Reception is very helpful and courteous -one very long haired lady being the exception, she had the idea she was our superior. Swimming pool is small, but was almost always empty, so that didn't matter. Nice to take a dip in the morning/evening/...

There was nothing bad to mention about it really, a good place to stay.

Location, next to the Ayala mall is great. Jeepneys stop near the front door, other route jeepneys are at the mall (special dedicated area) with a lot of very friendly helpful people that diect you to the one you take best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I wanted to stay in a hotel where it would be near a mall (like Diamond was just literally walking distance from Ayala Center) so it wouldn't be hard to find good food other than hotel food. I was on a business trip so I was by myself, the staff were really well-trained, from the guard to the front desk and bell man.
Although it took quite awhile to get me checked into my room, probably it was because of the number of guests, there was only one person manning the front desk at that time but i was able to check in pretty quick than most hotels I've been to.
The room is just enough, they have a work station beside the bed and the lighting can be changed to suit your mood (unlike some hotels where they just have really bright lights or just really dim dim lights). My only problem is that the bath room looked a bit old (stains and all) and the water pressure wasn't that strong as I had hoped it would be but other than I loved their touch of "home" in the hotel like providing bedroom slippers, having a personal safe inside your closet where you can store your valuables and on top of that they have complimentary bathroom essentials (soap, lotion, shampoo/conditioner and yes, a razor!).

I would definitely request to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: rooms not near the elevator if you don't want noise (sometimes, guests tend to be noisy going in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Timaru, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here a few weeks ago with my family. Very nice experience. All the staff were very very good. Nice breakfast, they had no bacon so cooked for me especially. A bit overcooked for my liking but they tried. Next day bacon was on the buffet (still overcooked). I will stay here again when next in Cebu. Only one critism and I hope this can be helpful. The toilet seat was loose. Such a simple thing to report by room attendants and put right. The toilet is cleaned everyday yes, so someone would have known. I do find it a bit strange generally in the Philippines where labour is so cheap that maintenance is often an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Baguio, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Diamond Suites Cebu served as our "Refuge Amidst the Storm" back in December 2012 when our ferry trip to Bohol was cancelled due to typhoon Quinta. We were actually billeted at The Diamond supposedly 2 days after our Bohol break. I made a quick call to The Diamond asking if we could check in 2 days earlier because of our situation. Without any hassle, they delightfully welcomed us! It was a huge sigh of relief for my tired kids when we got there. We were met with warm hospitality and was given this beautiful clean room as a resting place. That soothed all our tired feet! Praise God!

Thank you The Diamond Suites, to Ms. Kristine and the front desk staff who are all wonderful! God bless you for the excellent work that you do!

P.S. Our hats off too to the efficient food services staff! Your breakfast buffet is great! We enjoyed every bit of it! And to Janitorial staff: you guys are precious gems! Thank you and keep up the good job!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice hotel and comfortable room. Very convenient too. There is a refrigerator, coffee maker, mini bar, telephone, slippers, dental kit, shaving kit, shower gel, lotion and shampoo. Very clean. All the things I need are all in the room. Affordable price. Very cheap for a very nice and perfect room. I had a good sleep because the bed is so comfy. The room smells good like all the time. Too bad we don't have time to visit the pool.The hotel is in the city near Ayala. I recommend this hotel. We will stay here again when we go visit Cebu again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

the deluxe room with two queen beds is very spacious and clean. lighting is perfect and the linens are clean. great to have a good night's sleep with airconditioning perfect. the bathroom is clean and new. the towels need to be immaculately drycleaned white, though. the food at the bar was excellent; large to be shared with three. tasted good. music of the band needed more life but was fair anyway. the last minute arrangement for the city tour was good. very accommodating staff. since our trip back to manila was at 8 pm yet, we were allowed to stay until 4 pm.

Room Tip: take room 222 deluxe.. great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Diamond Suites & Residences? Share your experiences!