“Comfort and fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Cebu City
El Paso, Texas
“Comfort and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

When I first arrived here the staff was extremely friendly and the check in process was quick. The security is great because in order to get to your room using the elevator you have to have a key card so no random people will be wandering the hall way. The food was ok, but it reminds me of any other place you get hotel food from, the rooms were clean and offered an outstanding view of Ayala and the surrounding area. The only draw back would be the really busy street in front of the hotel so if you have children keep a close eye on them when heading outside.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
nygel6
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

When we arrived n Cebu, we did not have a booking yet, but when we arrived from Mactan Intl Airport i told the cab driver to take me to a hotel near Ayala Center or Marriot, then when we got to Marriot it was fully booked and we asked the Cab to take us to a newer hotel and he suggested Harolds, and we said yes because it sounded like Harrods ahahah!! To our delight even the logo looked liked Harrods...

We checked in and they had an ok lobby... standard interior but new..and a buffet restaurant with an alfresco area... looks already great.. Then the PRICE or RATES was excellent considering this was the Sinulog Week or their Fiesta Peak season...

When we got to the room it was excellent... clean.. and just the right size and a bathtub... and not to forget the all natural no amenities like the soap shampoo body gel wash etc... excellent...

then they have a roofdeck lounge over looking the city which was nice quiet and good place to relax and have some wine...

The breakfast buffet the following morning was quite okay but not so fancy and we kinda expect the usual for the morning buffet and it was just the usual...

We stayed for 3 days 2 nights before checking in to Shangrila Mactan after wards

Over all it was an easy and nice city hotel...If you want a short trip to everywhere in Cebu City...Stay at Harolds.. The staff where excellent!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The location is nice, not far from the port which is how we arrived and not that far from the airport either. The room is spacious and modern although I had an initial concern about the bed size. I requested our travel agent to arrange a minimum queen sized bed for the bf and me and the bed in the Superior Room is absolutely not a queen, though the staff said it is. Looks like beds sizes for single, queen, double or the 'matrimonial' are inconsistent so if you are tall or big it is important to check. Our room had 2 single beds so we asked them to connect them for us to have a 'bigger' bed. We were at the 10th floor and had a good view of the city, both day and night. Fixtures and bathroom are modern. Buffet breakfast which is included in our package is ok. Since this is my first arranged tour with an agent I didn't think of it as much but for the next leg of our trip I researched the hotels we were booked with for reviews. I am already at the hotel when I looked it up online and it seemed decent.

Have at least one dinner or late night drink at the rooftop bar, it is a really nice location and view. If you book through a travel agent the airport/ seaport pickup is not refundable even if you had other arrangements or misunderstandings with the agent. It is a comfortable place to rest after spending the whole day exploring Cebu, which is what we did for the 3 days we were here.We had day 1-city/historical tour and zipline 1, day 2-island hopping and snorkeling, day 3- mountain and hill tour and zipline 2. It was relatively pleasant.

Room Tip: choose 9 or 10th floor so you get a good view but not too close to the rooftop bar.check and confirm...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last Jan 25 to Feb.1 2013, venue for our HS reunion. Checked in was quick, just a mis-information from the receptionist regarding my free breakfast buffet, first day was free and second day I have to pay, which no problem for me. Trays always out of food and u have to ask if there is some more food coming. My third day, I decided to eat in the nearby mall. Room is spacious and always clean. The only problem I had was the phone line connection, everytime I called out, line got cut off. I was told that every call there is a charge and I notified the receptionist about the problem, she said "We will take care of it Sir". Staff are friendly, they do everything to make my stay a memorable one, but I know they are only doing their job. Management? I end up paying those disconnected calls. I didn't bother to questions, it will be a waste of time. Hopefully next time, If I decided to stay here again, things will be better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Their rooms are good (we tried their executive, their superior and their deluxe types), so we can definitely vouch that their rooms are good.

Executive suite:
Pros
-helpful crew and front desk
-spacious room
-comfy bed
-can make domestic calls
-electronic key card
-good aircon
-nice carpet
-tempting mini bar in the fridge
-with dining area
-shower area is also good with hot and cold shower; toilet with bidet
Cons
-logging in to the wifi is tedious and signal isn't that strong...
-housekeeping was late in setting up the extra beds

Superior room: (adjoining the executive suite)
-all in all it was good... Hubby's parents saw ants in the room though

Deluxe room: (stayed there on the wedding night)
-with bathtub and good shower area
-spacious room
-can make local calls
-we didn't bother about the wifi.. (We didn't need it at that time anyway)
-everything was good actually

CONS:
Their rooms were great but if u wanna have a wedding function with this hotel, always make sure that everything will be done as agreed on the contract.

Pros:
-their banquet manager was very beautiful and accommodating.. I always get a quick reply from her even beyond office hours just to follow up my wedding.. She knows I'm an OC
-superb food tasting and food presentation
-room discounts(for the rooms we booked) and early check in (with additional P1000 for check in at 8am)
-guests told me that the food was reallly really good.. The guests appreciated it... Not the sponsors... I'll explain this below

CONS:
-no Signage for the wedding provided
-there were Only 7 tables (for guests instead of the agreed 10tables on the contract) and One long table for the sponsors
-Pica pica with shrimp (I specifically instructed that shrimp and pork shouldn't be served... The shrimp triggered my cousin's allergy which panicked my aunt...they had to rush him to the hospital)
-Grape juice but wine? (It was on the contract to give us grape juice but alas! When wine toasting came, me and my groom drank wine! I was a bit dizzy after coz I usually don't drink!)
-Sponsors served late (the guests were almost full and done with their meal but the sponsors just had soup? They were already very hungry... They're supposed to be served FIRST... Coz they're my VIPs... But no... So I was ashamed after the wedding when they told me about this... My sponsors were doctors, lawyers and such but they weren't able to eat properly... They were able to start eating only after the guests finished theirs)

-Also bride and groom (we were the last ones to be served the food... We were just given soup.. Good thing my aunt asked the crew and finally they gave us our dishes after they served the sponsors)... We didn't finish our food already coz we had to stop eating to participate in the program coz the guests were already done with their food...
-Lacking food presentation: fruit salad just in a platter and not in a salad bowl or like during food tasting in wine glass
-Iced tea instead of sprite (we instructed to have sprite...)
-i understand that the sponsors meal was plated and not buffet. But The way the dishes were served to the sponsors was not organized. The appetizers (like the fish roe) were almost not served. If mama didn't check it, it wouldn't have been served. The fish roe (appetizer) already came with the fruit salad... Appetizers are supposed to be served before the mani course...
-moreover, the one in charge of the sound system was like a newbie... He didn't know how to operate the sound system... Seriously? Good thing my sister (17 yrs old) had knowledge about gadgets so she made the sound system work...

They would've been okay as a reception venue coz the function room had a good carpet and good interiors... We also chose this Hotel coz of it's proximity to our church ceremony. Good for pictorials... But I think they should improve on the way they handle agreed terms "On the Day" itself. They should follow what was stipulated in the contract. There were a lot lot lot of glitches which could've ruined our wedding night but I was just fortunate that I had a supportive family who backed me up at that time...they did everything to mend those lapses...

• Stayed March 2013
Tarlac,Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Function rooms are spacious and relatively new. It's my first time to stay in this hotel,kind of impressed because despite small it was overshadowed by the neatness,good interiors and good customer service.staff are very accommodating.rooms are clean and space is just right.one most importantly,location is the best,in front of a bank and near the mall.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

i must say it is one of the best places to stay in Cebu, one of the best places to dine in as well since their rates are of reasonable prices.

Reservations staff Mhel was very helpful when i made a booking for me and my family. Front Desk staff were all accommodating and friendly.

Rooms were nice and bed was really comfortable. I love their restaurant at the roof top, overlooking the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Harolds Hotel? Share your experiences!