“Good Value Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location

and 1 more site!
You added Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location to your Saves list
Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza Garcia Building | Magallanes St., Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #28 of 80 Hotels in Cebu City
Hillsboro, North Dakota
“Good Value Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

This hotel is fairly new..and is a great value for the money....like betwenn $20-$25 dollars a night. Clean rooms....friendly helpfull staff....free shuttle to and from the airport.
So for a budget stay.....this is a great value.....also...has free wi-fi....rooms are not large..but beds are comfortable and clean...cafe is open 24hours..and the food is pretty good and not expensive....Location is not far from major malls there...maybe 10 minute taxi ride....i have stayed there a few times....and always enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Pedro, Laguna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Booking and reservation was easy. The girl I talked to, Vanessa, reserved a room for me right away and didn't even ask for a deposit. Maybe it was because I booked 2 days already prior to arrival.

Our group (5 of us) also availed of their free airport shuttle. We didn't have a problem with it either. I don't why others had problems with it. You just need to remind them, I guess, so they remember!

For the room, I was quite disappointed with the beds. We got a family executive room which is supposed to have a queen bed and a double bed. I didn't see any queen bed. It was more of a double bed. The pillows were what one would expect for a rather cheap accommodation. But you can get extra pillows for a very low price of P25/pillow per night!

The service in their cafe is also bad. Our food took about 20 minutes to arrive and we're the only ones eating! The food was ordinary. I suggest you eat out in nearby fastfoods such as Chowking and Jollibee instead, which is what we did on the second day.

Overall, for the price, the stay was worth it! If you're on a budget, Sampaguita Suites is good. Besides, it's walking distance to the Magellan's Cross and Basilica del Sto. Niño. So if you're into churches, this hotel is perfect. If you want a place that's near the city and night life, don't book this place! This place is like the Binondo in Manila, with fewer establishments.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We needed a bed to sleep in a lay over in Cebu. We landed in Cebu at 2245 so the free shuttle was a blessing and we needed to be at the pier for the 7am ferry so again the shuttles was a blessing.

The hotel is nice and clean and for 898p for two people is a real good value for your money.

• Stayed August 2010
davao city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

they didnt inform us ahead of time that check in time is 2 o'clock..but we did inform them that we will arrive at 9:30 a.m. when we arrived there they said that we should wait for 1-2 hours...grrrrr... no towels in the room... calling front office was no use , no one will answer.
cockroach on the lobby too!!! just a hotel for sleeping...expect no other amenities!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We had an unpleasant experience when we stayed in this hotel. We stayed in this hotel for 1 night last July 31, 2010. I made an online reservation a week before our arrival. When we arrived at the hotel, we got surprised when the receptionist at the front desk told us that we don’t have a reservation despite that we presented the confirmation of the reservation. The receptionist told us that the room that we want is no longer available and that there is only 1 left that will suit for 5 persons which is the executive family room. We took the said available room and there is no problem with this kind of situation, but unfortunately, when I asked if there will be no double charge on our part since this will be a new reservation and that our online booking will not be used, the receptionist sarcastically answered me with an unpleasant smile. I’m just worried that they might charge my credit card for no show fee since they did not take up the reservation and that there is a policy indicated in the confirmation that a cost of 1 night will be charge on the credit card if the reservation was not used and cancelled. One more thing was that, the receptionist set us aside when a group of foreigner arrived even though we are not yet finished discussing our situation. The receptionist indeed discriminate us. The receptionist welcomes the foreigner guests with a very pleasant smile and efficiently accommodates them while we as a local tourist received an annoying treatment.
It’s an affordable and clean hotel but beware of the rude staff. Customer Service is not included in their vocabulary!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Needless to enumerate the hotel staff 's incompetence in actually practising "accommodation", at least, and considering how we, as clients, tried to control our temper despite disappointing and annoying circumstances the careless staff has brought us into, I find it UNNECESSARY, DEROGATORY, and UNETHICAL for any of the staff (specifically, their SHUTTLE DRIVER) to SHOUT AT ME, THEIR CLIENT OF AN EXECUTIVE SUITE.

Right now, I don't even care if they have acceptable rooms, or accessible location. I was on vacation with my friends, and with how that driver treated me, I honestly experienced more stress than my life in Manila has been! It was really traumatizing, especially that, being a Cebuano myself who's been based in Manila, was proudly sharing to my friends the culture that is uniquely Cebuano. And this is how they treat their clients?

I know for a fact that we weren't a victim of circumstance, because as the front desk officer was reporting to the finance manager thru phone (in Cebuano), I could very well understand that this was not the first time they failed to accommodate clients for the shuttle service.

The staff driver doesn't know how to give due respect (or even common courtesy) to clients and to women. And I'm pretty sure none of the staff, not even the finance manager, knows the definition of CUSTOMER SERVICE at all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

It's a budget friendly hotel. Cheap yet clean. It's location is very ideal if you plan to stay in the heart of Cebu City. Very accessible to commercial/shopping centres, restos, nighout areas. Has WIFI at the lobby.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location? Share your experiences!