“Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 75 hotels in Cebu City
Pasig, Philippines
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The place is great! It's really near tourist destinations. The staff are very helpful.

Wifi is only available in the lobby area and is not even good at all.
If you're not picky about internet connections, this place is a good deal.

Elevator can only accommodate a few heads.

Right next to it is a souvenir shop for shirts and other clothing.

You can't really go wrong with Sampaguita Suite especially if you're on a limited budget.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for sending a review of our hotel. The concern about the Wifi has already been attended to since the time that you came and stayed with us last August. I suggest that you visit us again to see the difference. We always make sure that we listen to our guest's concerns. We aim to do and better serve our guests as much as we can.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Marikina, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

stayed here with a group of friends a few years back.

the location of this cheap accommodation is a real plus.
Cebu City's top tourist destinations are just a short walk from this hotel.
Fort San Pedro, Magellan's Cross, Sto Nino Basilica, Metropolitan Cathedral, Parian District and even the pier if you're going to Bohol.
a jeep away is Fuente Osmena and the nearby Larsian for your cheap barbecues.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your short review. It's kind of outdated though (Jan 2012) but nonetheless we'd like to invite you again to see the difference and compare how much we have improved our services and facilities. We have added a few more rooms at the ground floor for those who don't want to use the elevator. We have friendlier and more accommodating staff.

Do tell us again how we are now than before. we'd be happy to hear from you again! See you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I check here last december 2 until 3.just only for overnight stay because were going to bohol in morning.very nice staff. Have restaurant 24hrs. The waiter 'emay' give us the food before we leave.. The bellman also 'james' i think assist w/ carrying my bag.. Its near also in tourist spots like magellan's cross,the basilica de sto.nino,fort san pedro and plaza independencia. .
Nice hotel!! I will reccomend this to my friends. Great job. :-)

• Stayed December 2012
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the very kind words and your compliments on the hotel staff- James and Emay. They will be commended for this. Your review will encourage our staff to work harder and strive further to make our guests who stay at our hotel most pleasurable and endearing.

Again, our heartfelt thanks and God bless.
General Santos City, General Santos, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

we stayed here last october 21-24, 2012 with my husband and 8yr. old son. i chose these hotel for its great location which is very near tourist spots. and also its affordability because we travel on a budget. the friendly and courteous staff is also a plus factor. my son enjoy the elevator so much. keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. We truly believe that our manpower is our strength. They do deserve to be praised and complimented. Thank you again.
manila, PH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

when we arrived in Cebu we asked the person at the Concierge desk what is the best hotel in downtown cebu they said SAMPAGUITA SUITES. so we tried.

Fairly new hotel with touch screen elevator, not so big rooms but clean, friendly staff they even assisted us how to go to the places we want to visit. the hotel is just a stone throw away from Magellan's Cross and shopping centers... walking distance to Yap-SanDiego Ancestral house, Heritage of Cebu monument, Plaza Independencia, Fort San Pedro, Port of Cebu... one ride of Jeepney to the famous Larsian, Robinson, SM etc...

our plan was to stay just 1 night because they dont have smoking room but since the hotel is affordable, close to the locations we want to visit and has friendly staff we decided to spend the rest of our vacation at this hotel... they dont have wifi inside the room so we have to go to the lobby just to go online and to smoke as well, bearable since we're only at the 2nd floor. but it would be better if they have wifi inside the smoking room hahaha..

but over all we enjoyed our stay!
-two thumbs up for this hotel (one from me & one from my fiance)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for that very nice and pleasant complement. We're so glad to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I hope that this will be the last time that you will visit Cebu and our staff as well. We look forward to seeing you again. Warmest regards and God bless!
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

we've stayed here just last week ( sept 26-29). and this is what I can say about the hotel.

ROOM: (we stayed at the matrimonial room) small but clean, there's a closet and a cable TV in it, two clean glasses on the side of the TV and a side table. its very basic. the spaces in between furniture is very narrow (two people can't fit). but its forgivable. we don't sleep walk so bigger room and spacious area is not needed :)

BATHROOM: small but clean, The shower is hot and cold BUT, it will take you forever to finish bathing since the water is to shy to come out :( (we're on the 6th floor so i guess the water is having a hard time going up to that floor).

AIRCON: Satisfactory, the only thing is that it's quite dirty.

LOBBY: not that spacious but very presentable, wifi is also accessible on this area only.

SERVICE: for a budget hotel, the service was satisfactory. they helped us carry our luggage. oh the room has a telephone, and whenever you want something just call them, they will answer immediately.Upon checking in(by the way, the check in process is fast), we immediately unpacked our things and left straight to crown regency for the sky adventure. we left our room in a total chaos, bags opened, TV turned on, and some valuables on the bed. upon arriving at 7 or 8pm, we noticed that the towels were already on the bed, (it wasn't there before we left). but our bags, the TV and some valuables are still right there were we left them. :). they also cleaned the room and changed the beddings and towels twice. (we stayed for 3 nights). and security guard was very friendly :)

BREAKFAST: its not included on the room tariff but its definitely worth the money! the beef tapa was excellent, and for less than 200 pesos, you can already enjoy a mouthful breakfast.

LOCATION: its walking distance to PLAZA INDEPENDENCIA, MALACAñANG SA SUGBU, FORT SAN PEDRO, MAGELLAN'S CROSS, BASILICA, CITY HALL, supermart (but we never get the chance to go there) , SKY ADVENTURE @ CROWN REGENCY, SHAMROCK PASALUBONG CENTER,HERITAGE PARK, CASA GORORDO, AND YAP ANCESTRAL HOME is just a ride away, (you have to walk a few blocks for the last three tourist sites).
the place is also very accessible to public vehicles, ayala and SM is just 2 rides away. BPI and ISLAND SOUVENIR is just 50 steps away, landbank ATM is just 10 steps away :)

i really loved our stay here, its budget and location friendly. the hotel is not all good though,
the front desk staff (the one in pony tail) asked us (28th,around 11am) "hantod kanus-a jud d.i mo maam?"(until when are you staying here?) when we decided to stay for another night (our reservation is for the 26th to 28th only) instead of spending the last night at mactan (our flight is 7am) it sounded foul to me, looks like she doesn't want us to stay there anymore. but i let that go, the hotel has many positive sides, and i don't want to start my day pissed. I don't understand why she asked that until we checked out early in the morning(4 'oclock) the next day. a couple was sleeping on the lobby. the Security said that they arrived late that night and the hotel was fully booked, so they have no other choice but to spend the rest of the night in the lobby until someone checks out.
:) we just loved our stay there that's why we opted to extend another day. I hope the couple (in the lobby) we're not super pissed.

all in all our stay in this hotel was great. I would definitely recommend this to my family and friends.

TIPS: inform the front desk ahead of time for possible extension, i'm still guilty for the couple who slept in the lobby :( though it was not really my fault.

Another tip, have the beef tapa for breakfast (98php only) it is served with two sunny side up eggs and a cup of rice, its really delicious!!!

recommendations to the hotel management,
>please include the aircon when cleaning :), its a bit dusty.
>the breakfast will be more great if the drinks (tea, coffee, hot choco) is included already. :)

Room Tip: some rooms don't have windows, so ask first if your room has it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for the forgiving remarks and very generous rating that you gave our hotel and staff. We will take your comments and suggestions in proper perspective and improve further our services for the good of our hotel and especially our guests.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location for a budget hotel if you are going to Cebu for your CFO seminar because its just a few blocks from the CFO Office and walking distance from Pier 1. The hotel is also very very near the Sto. Nino Church and Magellan's cross, La Nueva Supermarket is just 2 blocks away if you have to buy some essentials or want to eat (they have a foodcourt and salad bar). Jollibee and Chowking is near also.
I stayed for 2 nights, check-in was a breeze but when they showed me my room i was a bit disappointed because its too small and when i had a shower, i cant move around. I only realized after my shower that they didnt provide me with a towel so i had to improvise and wipe myself with my spare shirt. I asked for a towel when i went down and they provided me with it. It was a long day at the seminar, i only had 30 mins of sleep because i was travelling that night so i was looking forward to going back to my room to sleep but when i inserted my key, it wont open. I dragged myself back to the elevator, down to the receptionist and told her the key was not working so they sent me up together with 1 of their assistants and he taught me how to open the door of my room. You insert the key, turn it and if it wont go the whole way, pull the doorknob to turn the key all the way through. If you encounter the same problem (room 610) then this is how you do it.
It was very quiet, the view from my room is breathtaking at night, bed is comfortable, aircon, tv, telephone and hot and cold shower is working like a charm. I slept like a baby. The following day i had my medical at Cebu Doctors and the staff went out of their way to show me the directions and what jeepney number to ride. Very friendly staff specially the evening guard who offered an umbrella for me when it was raining and i had to go to the supermarket.
Check-out was a breeze and i want to thank the staff for their friendliness and warm smiles

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for the generous review despite of your inconvenient and unpleasant experience with the towel and room door. That's very kind of you. We will make sure that the door knob is replaced. We're happy to hear that you still managed to appreciate our friendly staff and their hospitality. Once again, thank you