“hearty breakfast, fabulous lobby, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early-save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
manila
“hearty breakfast, fabulous lobby, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night attending a conference, the service of the staff was excellent and commendable. the lobby is very spacious and truly 5 star. The room was typical of any first rate hotel, although it is not as new as should be, but still with superior bedding and the bed was heavenly. No words can describe the buffet breakfast, which I recommend to anyone planning to stay here. there was even truffle ice cream for breakfast which was delicious, and the choices were endless, better than most 5 star hotels abroad. With the excellent staff service, free wifi, and sumptuous breakfast, you cannot go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: the SM mall is just beside hotel, supermarket, restaurants are all there. so convenient.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your fantastic experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

-Lyle Lewis, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Radisson Blu Hotel in Cebu was a complete surprise.
My expectations were far less than the reality.
I'd booked online shall we say, a budget room. Imagine my surprise when I was given a business class room with harbour views, albeit including a container terminal and car park.
A room with a desk and a sofa and the most comfortable bed that gave hours of extra sleep I never knew I had in me.
It's quiet.
Whatever you do take the breakfast option. A bewildering international array that includes Filipino specialties.
I was invited to the Christmas Tree lighting ceremony in the lobby and what a pleasure this was.
The General Manager, Lyle Lewis took pains to introduce himself to all the guests.
I really felt at home.
The swimming pool abuts a busy road and is noisy.
The hotel itself is across the road from a huge shopping mall.
There is a tour guide desk in the lobby.
Summarising, A very comfortable stay of six nights.
The staff of this hotel are exceptional and well trained.
I recommend it.

Room Tip: A business Class room includes daily access to the lounge with complimentary snacks and drinks 6-8pm...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your 5-star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are very happy to know that you found a home in our hotel during your stay of 6 nights. It was a pleasure having you with us, and thank you for taking the time to join our tree lighting ceremony. We do hope you can come back to Cebu soon!

Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed here during a conference and I booked the business room. It has access to the lounge which is very convenient for business meetings. There's free snacks and cocktails in the evening. You can also have your breakfast in the lounge if you want to avoid the breakfast crowd in the main dining area. A variety of cuisines are offered in the buffet. Minor gripes: japanese food is not so good. Chorizo served during breakfast should have been the original Cebu chorizo instead of the less flavourful kind.
The beds and pillows are comfy. The bathroom is clean and spacious.
The hotel's location is also very convenient. A shopping mall right beside it with additional restaurants if you get tired of food in the hotel.
Overall, I had a great, restful stay in this hotel and will certainly come back whenever I'm in Cebu.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently working towards improving the local food selection to ensure that the food item such as the chorizo you mentioned tastes even more authentic. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed in business class room with breakfast buffet and night-time snacks in lounge. As everybody states, great location right next to sm mall. Easy to get taxi to everywhere else. Free and fast wifi. Lots of free bottled water. Good gym.

Buffet and lounge both had great food with lounge having free flowing alcohol at night (small selection). Only criticism is food stayed almost the same through the five day stay. As I don't drink much alcohol, next time I will get local food instead.

Service was my only disappointment, which was mostly good but very inconsistent. We never received the advertised turn down service (I wash't concerned but don't advertise and then don't deliver) and the free daily newspaper was only delivered to us on the last morning. Service at both buffet and lounge were either excellent with staff remembering our names and drink orders or poor with staff ignoring us or not helpful. Nothing major, just a little disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are very sorry for the inconveniences experienced as pointed out in your review. We are working to retrain all the staff who were assigned to your room to ensure that it does not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Cebu!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I just finished a two week stay here and felt very much at home. Great staff and the price was right for the room I got. My room on the 17th floor was haunted. I never believed in the supernatural but what I experienced here changed all of that. Ghosts and all, I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We're happy to know that you had a great experience and gained new friends along the way. We look forward to your next visit!

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a really well-run hotel that might fly under the radar a bit because of its name, which for this American brings to mind snowy Midwestern business travel.

The Radisson Blu in Cebu is several levels above, and, at the risk of sounding hyperbolic, nearly on the level of top-end hotels in Manila, like the Peninsula. I paid 115 USD per night for this one (via Agoda), and I wouldn't have complained if prices were 50% higher.

The Radisson gets most of the big things right. The rooms are spacious and spotless. The breakfast buffet spans the length of a football field and spans continents in its offerings. The fitness center is modern and well-appointed — good treadmills and weights. There’s also a mall right next to the hotel with two Starbucks, several bakeries, a movie theater, and all the fast food junk that typifies modern Filipino food, though you can’t hold that against the Radisson.

I happened to stay here in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan, and maybe as a result I was particularly attuned to modern comforts. But I appreciated all of the little steps this hotel takes to make visitors feel welcome — even when they’re put to the test. One night I came down with a migraine, the first of my life, and the hotel’s on-call nurse came up to my room, asked me some questions, and gave me some medicine that did the trick. If in Cebu, I’d stay here again, no doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, we are delighted to know that you had a most pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

-Lyle Lewis, General Manage r
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went to Cebu to attend a friend's wedding and we decided to stay in Radisson Blu. I really have no high expectation but my husband said Radisson's hotels is a good one. The moment I entered their lobby, I just fell in love. Welcoming us was a very huge blue Christmas tree in the middle of the lobby.

The staff is friendly and very accommodating. Room is very nice and spacious and clean. My husband loved the bed. The breakfast is good but not pretty decent. The overall ambience just made you feel very at home with the place. We love hotels were we can just chill and relax. We would definitely would love to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

-Lyle Lewis, General Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!