“Very good but not great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 75 hotels in Cebu City
Sydney, Australia
“Very good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed in business class room with breakfast buffet and night-time snacks in lounge. As everybody states, great location right next to sm mall. Easy to get taxi to everywhere else. Free and fast wifi. Lots of free bottled water. Good gym.

Buffet and lounge both had great food with lounge having free flowing alcohol at night (small selection). Only criticism is food stayed almost the same through the five day stay. As I don't drink much alcohol, next time I will get local food instead.

Service was my only disappointment, which was mostly good but very inconsistent. We never received the advertised turn down service (I wash't concerned but don't advertise and then don't deliver) and the free daily newspaper was only delivered to us on the last morning. Service at both buffet and lounge were either excellent with staff remembering our names and drink orders or poor with staff ignoring us or not helpful. Nothing major, just a little disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are very sorry for the inconveniences experienced as pointed out in your review. We are working to retrain all the staff who were assigned to your room to ensure that it does not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Cebu!

805 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I just finished a two week stay here and felt very much at home. Great staff and the price was right for the room I got. My room on the 17th floor was haunted. I never believed in the supernatural but what I experienced here changed all of that. Ghosts and all, I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We're happy to know that you had a great experience and gained new friends along the way. We look forward to your next visit!

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a really well-run hotel that might fly under the radar a bit because of its name, which for this American brings to mind snowy Midwestern business travel.

The Radisson Blu in Cebu is several levels above, and, at the risk of sounding hyperbolic, nearly on the level of top-end hotels in Manila, like the Peninsula. I paid 115 USD per night for this one (via Agoda), and I wouldn't have complained if prices were 50% higher.

The Radisson gets most of the big things right. The rooms are spacious and spotless. The breakfast buffet spans the length of a football field and spans continents in its offerings. The fitness center is modern and well-appointed — good treadmills and weights. There’s also a mall right next to the hotel with two Starbucks, several bakeries, a movie theater, and all the fast food junk that typifies modern Filipino food, though you can’t hold that against the Radisson.

I happened to stay here in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan, and maybe as a result I was particularly attuned to modern comforts. But I appreciated all of the little steps this hotel takes to make visitors feel welcome — even when they’re put to the test. One night I came down with a migraine, the first of my life, and the hotel’s on-call nurse came up to my room, asked me some questions, and gave me some medicine that did the trick. If in Cebu, I’d stay here again, no doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, we are delighted to know that you had a most pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

-Lyle Lewis, General Manage r
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went to Cebu to attend a friend's wedding and we decided to stay in Radisson Blu. I really have no high expectation but my husband said Radisson's hotels is a good one. The moment I entered their lobby, I just fell in love. Welcoming us was a very huge blue Christmas tree in the middle of the lobby.

The staff is friendly and very accommodating. Room is very nice and spacious and clean. My husband loved the bed. The breakfast is good but not pretty decent. The overall ambience just made you feel very at home with the place. We love hotels were we can just chill and relax. We would definitely would love to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights. Check in was great. The staff was awesome and the room was cleaned regularly and cleaned well. Staff always greeted you with a good morning or good evening. The breakfast buffet was great, many choices and the food was replenished regularly. The hotel is situated right across from a mall so shopping was nearby and other food options were available in the mall. You will have to go through a scanner to enter the hotel for each entry and you are also scanned with a wand or lightly patted down at the mall. That was a bit annoying but with bomb threats what can you say...

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would happily return if I ever went back to Cebu. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Request a high room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu during your last stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked my wedding reception a year ago in Radisson Blu. It's a destination wedding since me and hubby is based in Manila. Unfortunately, the Super Typhoon Haiyan hit Philippines the same day of our wedding.

At the height of Typhoon Yolanda’s fury, a solemn and intimate wedding was happening in the Nina Ballroom of the Cebu Radisson Blu Hotel.

I commend the great efforts of Radisson Blu Cebu for giving us the best service in spite the major weather disturbance.

Rooms:
Our family and friends stayed there for 3 days (Nov 7 - 9) to prep for the wedding. We have around 15 rooms during this time. Everyone was happy with the space, room quality and amenities of the hotel. It is spacious with sofa space and working table for the deluxe room. Beds are very comfortable. They have nespresso machines in all rooms (amazing!)

Food:
They have the best buffet selection in Feria. We had the reception dinner there, everyone was happy with the selection. Even the breakfast selection included in the room is insanely good.

Pool and Gym is superb.

Ballroom / Events:
They have all the staff in the hotel working for my wedding inspite the Cat 5 super typhoon. Note that there's also another event happening there. I do not feel the panic within the hotel and staff. Cebu was blacked out already but we didn't feel the chaos outside. We felt safe in the hotel. They were able to arrange my wedding venue in the last minute when we cancelled the wedding in Sacred Heard and transferred it to Radisson Blu Nina Ballroom. Good Job!

They also gave us holding rooms for our guest coming in early to avoid the strong winds of Typhoon Haiyan. They even assured us that there will be contingency plans in case there will be stranded guest.

We have cocktails and sit down dinner in Sta Maria Ballroom. It was really good and service is superb. Eveyone was happy with the food we served.

Hope they can improve their sound systems in the ballrooms thou.

I commend the professionalism and service of Radisson Blu. Kudos to their GM Lyle Lewis.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your wedding experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that despite Typhoon Haiyan, you felt safe and secure in the hotel. We will definitely share the information with our hotel team. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The real 5-star hotel in Cebu city. This is my second time to this hotel and the service standard and quality of guestroom remain the same. I requested the corner room upon check in and I got the same room exactly as the first time. The staff checked my records and she just response immediately.

The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen. It will take me 3 days to be able to try everything in the buffet line. The quality of bread was great.

The meeting room is also nice and huge.

The location is next to SM Mall, very convenient. I also took taxi to the other mall which is not too far from the hotel at all.

I do recommend this hotel to anyone who come to Cebu City.

Room Tip: The corner room is huge.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, we are glad to know that you had a great stay during your last visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

-Lyle Lewis, General Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!